Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
[off topic] tomorrow ARM options tradestart. Copy paste VFS, maybe a bit slower [on topic]
Doubt it, the stock didn't go much higher after IPO and already pulled back. VFS looked like a well orchestrated scam given the limited float

ARM on the other had is a well established company making a product that people actually want, Apple are one of their clients, I believe, so I don't expect fireworks

If Q3 P&D & ER is a dud, this is what my projection will be.
1694968852183.png

If Q3 P&D & ER is a dud, this is what my projection will be. View attachment 974647
That would be quite the dump!

I'm rather hoping that Tesla already guiding for lower Q3 production is already priced-in, and other than the S&X price drop, hasn't been so many cuts this quarter (inventory vehicle maybe an exception)

Still, might buy some October 27 +p200's, they're less than $1, so very small price for potential big win, November +p200's are more appealing, but twice the price... will think about it, but likely go with one, or 50/50 perhaps

Last edited:
Cary's levels for Monday:

Pushing through $280.93 today should set up follow-though buying and gap fill to $289.03 where we can top out for the week.
$289.03 would be a good zone to sells longs/calls and/or buy puts targeting the upper $250's channel bottom.

A close Monday above $289.03 (unlikely) can trigger target of $315.61 within a couple weeks. Same if closes so end of the week.

Intraday support is $272.49, breaking below we can anticipate $267.39 and bounce back towards trying $289.03 again in 3-5 days.

A Monday close below $267.39 can bring $257.06 in 1-2 days. Can go short overnight for that target. It can bottom out there and bounce aiming for $289.03 again.

Overall: $289.03 weekly high containment; $259.14 weekly low containment.

IMG_1919.jpeg

IMG_1920.jpeg

IMG_1921.jpeg

If Q3 P&D & ER is a dud, this is what my projection will be. View attachment 974647
Looking at Troy’s estimates, and assuming his estimate turns out accurate, it seems P & D will be a dud unless analysts bring down estimates by 20-25K between now and end of September. Unless energy or recognition of FSD deferred revenue compensates in a big way, earnings might be dud as well.

Just to make sure I read the chart correctly, your projection is that the stock will start to go down from P&D (October 2nd) announcement to end of October and reach around 180?

• Informative
Reactions: juanmedina
Looking at Troy’s estimates, and assuming his estimate turns out accurate, it seems P & D will be a dud unless analysts bring down estimates by 20-25K between now and end of September. Unless energy or recognition of FSD deferred revenue compensates in a big way, earnings might be dud as well.

Just to make sure I read the chart correctly, your projection is that the stock will start to go down from P&D (October 2nd) announcement to end of October and reach around 180?
The stock will start going down as soon as 290 is reached. At first it will look like a small pullback, only to get worse once P&D is released.

What a dump and a bit too early but I'm not complaining.
Closed my short calls @$263.80 in case it bounces here. Will STO again on highs, watching for now.

1695045102510.png

QTA levels for today (look at that bottom wick leading back up to range low, let's see if it holds):

1695045672209.png

Last edited:
Reactions: juanmedina
Odd price action given that multiple countries are falling over themselves to land a Tesla factory and their so-called competitors are on strike

I can only put it down to this China meeting causing uncertainly

Anyway, for my side, I BTO 100x 11/17 +p200's @$2.3 and then STO 100x 9/22 -p255's @$1.65 to recuperate some of the premium, small risk as there's 8x expiries to roll them down if needed, hopefully these expire and I do something similar next week, then the puts are for free after that

Of course the only issue with writing 100x $55 wide put spread is that it eats up $550k cash margin...

Edit: and I closed-out 20x -c270 & 20x -c280's this week for 65% profits, I'll take that... now need to recover to get rid of the 20x -p270

Last edited:
Day #4 tracking QTA generated levels for TSLA vs. actual price action.
So far it's hugging Monday's range low line, curious to see if/when it floats above 2AVWAP and toward range high (may be after Wednesday FOMOC if at all).

1695049328891.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: SpeedyEddy