Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
11/10 shifted to put dominated:

1698678914020.png

BTC 60x -c220 @0.35 (net +$4.75) -> ready to double-dip or deploy next week

120x -p220 still in play for this week, somewhat, uhm dITM, but written against 200x March -p200 and/or 20x Dec -p270, so no stress there, just irritating

Current thinking is for 20x 3:1 -220 straddle for next week and roll the other 100x -p220's down to -p215, will see how things evolve

Easy escape for these -p is to double them up and roll down to ATM, which breaks-even, and would be very profitable if we traded sideways for a while, but then loses all the downside insurance, so trying to avoid that for the moment

Just trying to be objective here:

PE ratio increasing
Lower margins
Buyers having troubles accessing credits

VS

GM, Honda, Toyota, Ford delaying
Their EV targets because of prices making it unprofitable

Do we have to adjust the TSLA growth story and Price Target in the long term or you guys are all staying Permabulls in the long term. Have you readjusted the TSLA thesis. Trying to see if selecting a Jan2026 300 strike is smart or I should adjust.

Reactions: kabin and Nocturnal

PE ratio increasing
Lower margins

VS

Do we have to adjust the TSLA growth story and Price Target in the long term or you guys are all staying Permabulls in the long term. Have you readjusted the TSLA thesis. Trying to see if selecting a Jan2026 300 strike is smart or I should adjust.
Considering Tesla energy, licensing/selling supercharger hardware, use of charging infrastructure, eventual FSD... how could we be anything but permabulls? Long-term, that is. We're all riding the eternal Macro stock-market rodeo while TSLA is doing it's thing.

Re-read your post; yes indeed, jan 2025 Strike $300's are exactly what I'm bidding on around TSLA SP $185; am I being too greedy??

Disclaimer- I hardly know what I'm doing compared to most of the leading comtributors here, take all I say with a huge grain of salt.

Last edited:
BTC 60x -c220 @0.35 (net +$4.75) -> ready to double-dip or deploy next week

120x -p220 still in play for this week, somewhat, uhm dITM, but written against 200x March -p200 and/or 20x Dec -p270, so no stress there, just irritating

Current thinking is for 20x 3:1 -220 straddle for next week and roll the other 100x -p220's down to -p215, will see how things evolve

Easy escape for these -p is to double them up and roll down to ATM, which breaks-even, and would be very profitable if we traded sideways for a while, but then loses all the downside insurance, so trying to avoid that for the moment
I aspired to be a big dog like Max Plaid someday :)

Little dog me was planning to buy put during the morning false bounce but got too busy with work.

Guess we are anticipating bottom this week?

PE ratio increasing
Lower margins

VS

If TSLA couldn't weather a recession and come out ahead, why would anyone invest in it in the first place? Why change thesis now?

Is that 193.97 low an ACTUAL, or strange fronting number? Asking for a friend.

update: and another one… if these are real I do NOT like these rapid 2% dislocations in price - someone is selling large blocks if that is the case.
This is not TSLA specific, there appear to be some random prints on a bunch of different stocks. It's weird. NVDA for example never went to 422.82