Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
QTA shows TSLA well into the buy zone, but hard to trust at this point…$207.30’s may be next 😵‍💫

1699551370962.png

A big player is pushing hard, some very voluminous sells drive SP down, then a recover, not at typical stoplosslevels, so it looks like manipulation. Surely not a MM covering, because we are way past max pain now. maybe a last try, knowing there is a lot of good news coming, to make the best of a short position. If so, the recovery can be very brutal and quick.

• Informative
Reactions: SAPharmD
figures right after Speedy made most of his moves the SP got hammered LOL

does seem like another shot at harvesting stop losses and the like....manipulation? shocked I tell you.............

earlier in the thread the discussion was on when to close early and a very good topic - had both -P200 and -C235 for Friday - with limits on both to close at 0.05. decided could get a bit more and ended up closing the C235 for 0.04, but the -P200 went from 0.06 to currently 0.50. not too worried as can always roll but good to keep in mind how quickly things can turn

what we all really want to know is does the little dog have any fur left?

1. SP moves down and closes at 200, safely above strike of 197.5. In this case it would have been better to close early (so as to avoid anxiety) but open new position only on Friday (or next Monday) for a strike of something like 175 or 180, a much better strike.
LOL. Looks like we are going to have this scenario.

I closed my 197.5 puts early yesterday. Bought 190 puts for next week for 50 cents. Ofcourse now it is at 1.15. Powell hasn't even finished talking.

Closed my 240 calls too. I've an order to sell 240 calls for next week too for 50 cents. Doubt it will get filled any time soon the way SP is going.

To make up an example - if I wake up tomorrow and we're at 210, then I'll take that great close opportunity for my 230cc, and plan to wait at least a day to open new cc for the next week. If the shares then trade back to 220 during the day, then I'm likely to open the replacement position that same day anyway. What I really wanted, and got, was a significant move in the right direction for a relatively good open ("relatively" good can still be actually bad :D).
Did you ? ;)

-- the 197.50 put. Yes, I would take the .08 early close, and be looking for a new position tomorrow, fully realizing that the shares might go the wrong way and I don't have a put open for a few days (or even weeks!). Usually its just a few days out of the market.
The other risk is buying too early. Like I just did today, having closed the 107.5 puts yesterday.

OK, rolled 50x 11/10 -p220 to 50x 11/17 -p210 + -c215 -> lost $1 in premium as the SP was moving so fast it was hard to time the orders, but it's good enough, -p210 is way better than -p220 at this moment in time and if the -c215's go ITM then my 11/17 -p220's will be in good shape too
Looks like you specialize in selling ITM options. How do you even keep track ! You can cleanup 7 figure premiums a month for sure ;)

figures right after Speedy made most of his moves the SP got hammered LOL

does seem like another shot at harvesting stop losses and the like....manipulation? shocked I tell you.............

earlier in the thread the discussion was on when to close early and a very good topic - had both -P200 and -C235 for Friday - with limits on both to close at 0.05. decided could get a bit more and ended up closing the C235 for 0.04, but the -P200 went from 0.06 to currently 0.50. not too worried as can always roll but good to keep in mind how quickly things can turn

what we all really want to know is does the little dog have any fur left?
no no, just sold another put and bought some calls around SP 207.50 , I got a bit of the bottom as well.