Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anecdotal data point. I sold a lot of CC Jan/Feb on Tue/Weds this week against other large positions in MSFT, AAPL, AMGN, ADBE, NVDA, INTC, AMAT, MAR, and they are all DOWN between 25-40% today since when they are sold, so overall FOMO run, EOM, end of big month NOV seems to really be pulling back hard at least to the extent that MM think we’re just going to continue to run up higher... IF some of these pull back harder against their ATH levels 3-5%, we could see much more downward pressure either macro or TSLA specific here in the near term on Tesla.

Really? Even with NVDA dropping significantly today?

I've 260 CCs for Friday that I'll probably roll tomorrow - just to derisk. I also have 210 puts - which I'll buy back when it gets to 1 cent ;)

Just not sure what would be a good strike to roll to for next week - considering strong resistance in 260s. May be I'll just buy back the CC tomorrow and open on Friday after looking at the CT reaction ... currently trading around the price I sold at.
With SP some $20 below the strike - I'm not sure I need to close out the calls ... or the puts.

Reactions: Jim Holder
Are we saying offload all puts since there's be a bounce going into CT launch? SP is now 239.
Bounce not assured, would be a bonus if we got one. But $238/239 is a support level. If I’m heavy in puts and see green and want to reduce risk, I’d take some gains off the table around here. But that’s just me “Roundtrip Bandit” 😎

NFA

Bounce not assured, but $238/239 is a support level. If I’m heavy in puts and see green and want to reduce risk, I’d take some gains off the table around here. But that’s just me “Roundtrip Bandit” 😎

NFA
Got it. I'm going to hang on to them and see how it play out as SP continue to deflate for now... it's approaching 237.

Closed the Condor for some kibbles.

QTA mid-day update

Well below daily range low, seems to be retesting breakout area.

1701370791112.png

Wicks...though I wonder if it'll try for the green wick on the left @$234 area 👀

1701370973736.png

1-hr

12/1

1701370841671.png

12/8

1701370868501.png

1701370687950.png

I wondering why so early as well. I thought $226 was the target.
I'm just trying to read the chop. For the life of me, I can't see an impulse. More like a zig zag pullback. EVENTUALLY, it's gonna take out 252. 226 will still be reached in between but I think it's gonna be a long grind down. Now we may bounce.
1701371657916.png

Went back in on P250 for tomorrow ((just as the cheapest synthetic counter-share without minimal theta) , big NY boys done with lunching. "let's scare some retail out..."
Explain this pls, it's not clicking for me :) TL;DR previous posts for same position. Assuming you went long 12/1 +P250, you want to sell the news?

Never mind, found the post, you are selling at $236 , got it.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpeedyEddy
I'm just trying to read the chop. For the life of me, I can't see an impulse. More like a zig zag pullback. EVENTUALLY, it's gonna take out 252. 226 will still be reached in between but I think it's gonna be a long grind down. Now we may bounce.
View attachment 995060
I closed all my Puts and retained just 4 x +227.5 exp 12/8 for the heck of it.

Thanks DI003

View attachment 995060
The smaller timeframe is not as reliable. It can be just a weird looking 5 wave down like this. I'll reenter puts if 243.5 is given.
1701375131135.png

Reactions: thenewguy1979