Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Debating about BTC the -275CC for next Friday that I sold this morning. Already 0.35 profit. Algo says we might go lower though....

Edit: Decided to close them for 0.42
Put in a new sell order for 0.52 in case we get a FOMO rise into the close. My feeling is that we are higher next Friday than today, but I don't know when the FOMO starts. (I have a hard time believing we close Red today).

Last edited:
Debating about BTC the -275CC for next Friday that I sold this morning. Already 0.35 profit. Algo says we might go lower though....

I have some in the same position and looking at 58% gains if I BTC now. Also -C270 and -C272.50. But we have a long holiday weekend coming up, market not open again until Tuesday 9:30am. Lot's of theta to burn, so I'm keeping mine open to harvest it while everyone is celebrating. Likely a sure win on all of them if we open anywhere in this range (253-260) and can close then (or just let run).

1703275232221.png

In "news", we got a PT upgrade from Dan Ives at Wedbush, $310 -> $350

Aaaaand yet another not-a-recall -> which if Wall Street were actually paying attention and/or we're so crooked, would be seen as a huge competitive advantage for Tesla

I set a 25c sell for my -c260's, but needs an MMD to hit... on the plus side the -p257's & -p260's doing well...
I honestly can’t listen to this man anymore.. all he says is the same thing over and over and over.’XYZ is playing checkers while ABC is playing Chess’, ‘it’s get out the popcorn time and just buy AAPL’, ‘I see this as a 1995 moment, like the internet, we’re at a pivot’ my god I could go ON AND ON..ok, I’ll stop there. I’ve love to see a back testing of his ”calls”… i doubt it’s any better than the other talking heads.

Last edited:
Reactions: Max Plaid
Keep in mind that we'll have a long weekend, and also it's time for tax loss harvesting. TSLA is the only stock that has big event right of the first day of the year. Me personally I am thinking 245-265 range is probably okay for next week with the same low volume/liquidity.
Tax loss harvesting occurred a WHILE ago.. IMHO

Now, it’s just painting the tape till year end, unless the after Xmas grinch arrives - or some terrorist activity occurs.

Reactions: Jim Holder
I have some in the same position and looking at 58% gains if I BTC now. Also -C270 and -C272.50. But we have a long holiday weekend coming up, market not open again until Tuesday 9:30am. Lot's of theta to burn, so I'm keeping mine open to harvest it while everyone is celebrating. Likely a sure win on all of them if we open anywhere in this range (253-260) and can close then (or just let run).

View attachment 1002206
Yeah, I was really torn. But I think if there is a SP bump on Tuesday or Wednesday, I'll be able to double dip for a profit. So I took the gamble.

Edit: Decided to close them for 0.42
Put in a new sell order for 0.52 in case we get a FOMO rise into the close. My feeling is that we are higher next Friday than today, but I don't know when the FOMO starts. (I have a hard time believing we close Red today).
I would have just let it ride… if we run, it’ll be 1/2/24

alrighty, shutdown time in case we see afternoon shenanigans

View attachment 1002151

then, me relax a bit 🍿🍦🍹

View attachment 1002146
Looks like you jumped out at the right time!

I got out of all this week's postions before the market drop:

BTC 235x -c260 @5c (net +$2.8)
BTC 20x -p260 @$4.6 (net +70c)
BTC 20x -p257.50 @$1.9 (net +$1.2)

So all things considered, another decent escape from the 100x -c240's I still had in play, not counting the TSLA & GOOGLE LEAPS I was writing off, I managed to escape with a loss of $43k - actually cash postitive given the money I clawed back from the LEAPS, but if you factor in the realised losses from those, ugh! Could have been better, could have been a lot worse

The bad news is that by the time I was ready to sell January -c270's, the markets had started to dump -> not the right moment to be selling those

So to keep things moving a bit:

STO 10x 12/29 -p260 $9.60 + 100x -c260 @$2.5 -> this is a pure Theta play for next week

Reactions: Yoona
Twas the expiration day before Christmas, and jeewee was holding -252.5cc's and -250cc's, with his finger over the sell/roll buton.

Would there be a Christmas miracle drop to just below $250 Max Pain?

Or would he have to tend to these positions another week?

Stay tuned to find out.
Technically, one shouldn’t be “holding” a SOLD, - CC

Do you see us at $260-$265 before New Year’s or we grind down until P&D in 9 days and grind even lower after?
Magic 8 ball says, grind down next week, but not like a Cat D10 dozer weight grind.

but, I will say on our drive from Scottsdale, AZ to Tejon Ranch, CA, and then back to Palo Alto, CA over the past two days, I saw a LOTTTTTT OF TESLA TRANSPORTS.. I/we do this drive, at least from La Quinta, CA to Bay Area often and this was the most Tesla transport carriers heading south, in two’s and three’s that I have EVER seen in the past 5-6 years. EOY push, maybe. Moving out Fremont production to make way for “highland”, Maybe. Whatever it was lots of P, if not necessarily D.

Twas the expiration day before Christmas, and jeewee was holding -252.5cc's and -250cc's, with his finger over the sell/roll buton.

Would there be a Christmas miracle drop to just below $250 Max Pain?

Or would he have to tend to these positions another week?

Stay tuned to find out.
Closed out the 252.5'ccs @$0.42

Rolled the 250cc's to next week 255cc's for a $1.32 credit.

Done for the week. Happy holidays all.