Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Technically Santa Rally last day is Jan 2nd. This can aligned with an early pump then dump.

Also selling today for next week does give a bonus Monday for theta decay...

Dog winning ratio so far last month:

Going Longs - 5/10 = 50% wins
Selling ICs/Spread - 9/10 = 90% wins (if I hold onto toward expiration that single lost is a winner - this week condor -247P/+260C which I bailed when we pump 263 and sold the short leg to ride the long...see how that turned out)

New Year Resolution = sticked to selling. Aim straight. Make new Friend. Eat Filet not dry food.

Reactions: Jim Holder
Technically Santa Rally last day is Jan 2nd. This can aligned with an early pump then dump.

Also selling today for next week does give a bonus Monday for theta decay...

Dog winning ratio so far last month:

Going Longs - 5/10 = 50% wins
Selling ICs/Spread - 9/10 = 90% wins (if I hold onto toward expiration that single lost is a winner - this week condor -247P/+260C which I bailed when we pump 263 and sold the short leg to ride the long...see how that turned out)

New Year Resolution = sticked to selling. Aim straight. Make new Friend. Eat Filet not dry food.
If you send $1000 in Bitcoin to my telegram site, I’ll tell you where to focus your efforts.

/s
HNY

Hate to be this cynical as I'm usually an optimist but it almost looks like he's going to be trying to allay investor's fears on tsla after a mediocre q4 earnings...

i'm wrong a lot, so....

...tempted to buy back into puts...sigh...
I think too many are reading too much into this.
Keep in mind that the Earnings call will be around January 25. This 'company talk' will be in the first week of February after the 10k prints.
So if there is bad news on Q4 results, the earnings call will be the first time to discuss it.
The Feb company talk is the typical 'rah rah job well done' that many companies hold at the beginning of the year. Always held after the 10k so as too talk freely without worry about disclosing non-public information arriving with the 10k.
Anyhow, that's how I see it.

Keep in mind that the Earnings call will be around January 25. This 'company talk' will be in the first week of February after the 10k prints.
So if there is bad news on Q4 results, the earnings call will be the first time to discuss it.
The Feb company talk is the typical 'rah rah job well done' that many companies hold at the beginning of the year. Always held after the 10k so as too talk freely without worry about disclosing non-public information arriving with the 10k.
Bemvindo

Reactions: mickificki
I don't know. In Walter Isaacson's book, he described Elon's thought process during the 2018 days. He likes to set high goals during difficult times and let investors know about these projects.

Think maybe IR talked to big money including Dan Ives & Jonas which lead to that sorry attempt of a pump earlier this week. Called BS on that one so quickly.

in the last 9 out of 11 quarters, TSLA is red after P&D is released

-12% to +10% swing

1703879289589.png

in the last 9 out of 11 quarters, TSLA is red after P&D is released

-12% to +10% swing

View attachment 1004172
My philosophy is, if you can’t SEE the data point AT ALL, then it doesn’t count, or matter. So I’m going to math this as 10 out of the last 11 quarters.

(I know, I KNOW that’s not scienice)

It is funny that the overwhelming concentration of this event and post P&D fall off is pretty much all recent history, post ATH, post CORE pandemic, during highest time of EV adoption, EV investment, EV awareness, subsidization, etc.

Reactions: Jim Holder
Hi all, new here (TMC) but not new to TSLA - well probably a lot newer than most here. Started wanting to hodl TSLA shares in Feb, but being a complete newbie to the market, wife and I got scared out of our nice $160 dca position. Spent rest of year attempting to learn the stock, but every time I think I know what will happen next, I lose ;D

Anyway, here because of Yoona ~ followed her on Twitter, then X, and then TMC I guess !

I've now done your standard options day trading (not for me), attempting to swing shares (timing usually bad), and am eyeing spreads as my saving grace. These seem to fit my style, longer timing than day trading, I can follow formulas or best practices to select, can pick to fit my level of risk tolerance. Unfortunately I am only in cash trading atm, and (for some reason that's beyond me) spreads require margin.

If anyone has any advice to offer, I am open to learning more! (Wow does the mkt make "smart" people feel dumb)

Reactions: treb