Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The 12:30 15 min is still brewing.... we may be coming around ???

Screen Shot 2024-01-25 at 12.37.48 PM.png

Let see if that play out.
I think odds are good of a bounce tomorrow. The problem is I have to close my -210P today (to avoid assignment), along with the March +200P (so that it doesn't lose value on a bounce tomorrow), so I will be forced to lock in the loss.

I closed all mine -212p this morning. 30 point gaps is a hot target to be assign. Too risky.

I think odds are good of a bounce tomorrow. The problem is I have to close my -210P today (to avoid assignment), along with the March +200P (so that it doesn't lose value on a bounce tomorrow), so I will be forced to lock in the loss.

It's due for a bounce even just technically, but if SSR is not on tomorrow (it can be for 2 days I've read so dunno) then we may dump more faster?

Reactions: DaBooster
Don’t you just hate it when you have a strong feeling about the direction of the stock, you act on it, the stock moves in the direction you expected and then you get out way too early…

I know: a nice profit is a nice profit, but why does it not feel that way? Note to self: stop looking at what closed positions would have been worth now.

Don’t you just hate it when you have a strong feeling about the direction of the stock, you act on it, the stock moves in the direction you expected and then you get out way too early…

I know: a nice profit is a nice profit, but why does it not feel that way? Note to self: stop looking at what closed positions would have been worth now.
So true! I caught myself doing that and realized I'm just punishing myself so I stopped. Someone here once said if you're thinking about closing a position you probably should since there's a reason why we are thinking that and we should trust it.

Also gains are gains and there's always tomorrow and the next day...that's what I tell myself when I feel the FOMO.

I bought 35K of $AAPL at a split adjusted .10 cents.. I literally do that math quarterly. ;-)

only because it’s still a learning opportunity.. figure out what to buy and HOLD some of them long term.

For the buy-write CALLS gang, I'd like to try this out.

I have 10x +C255 9/20/24 that I can try this with. What protection does it gives us to write against it say the @Max Plaid $1.00 weekly special, which would currently be -C197.50 2/2/24. Forgive me if the answer is obvious.

For the buy-write CALLS gang, I'd like to try this out.

I have 10x +C255 9/20/24 that I can try this with. What protection does it gives us to write against it say the @Max Plaid $1.00 weekly special, which would currently be -C197.50 2/2/24. Forgive me if the answer is obvious.
In general buy-write is actually buying stock and writing calls against it.

When you buy calls and write calls against it - it is basically a spread (with different strike dates). The shorter duration call (at a lower strike) will always raise faster than the longer duration one, if SP goes up. So, only limited protection ...

Reactions: mongo