Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
k so that's 3 consecutive supps in a row now 🙏

View attachment 1012209
make that 4 consecutive supps by the Order block FTW

1706216567925.png

last candle resting on the largest darkpool

1706216604949.png

my solution is to try NVDA for the very first time and it's working out (put some eggs on other baskets)

I did the same, as of yesterday and only while these three trade sideways; due diligence is a must! NFLX IC , in and out in 1 day, 82% , NVDA in today, out tomorrow , probably expire but will close early , and also SMCI (risky) but did that same way, .04 or so delta each sold side, managing margin with 25 wide, 1-2dte. Anything farther out, 40 wide. Will continue to trade TSLA , when it settles down some.... it's just too darn volatile. As for TSLA, I'll only focus on getting the open put spreads to safety the next 3-4 weeks.

my solution is to try NVDA for the very first time and it's working out (put some eggs on other baskets)

View attachment 1012228
Yeah, I'd jump into NVDA, sell some puts and then it would decide to correct... 🤪

Better the devil you know, IMO... at least most of my calls and LEAPS don't have much value to lose from here! I can just keep selling weeklies and claw back what was lost

For sure I need to move away from these expensive LEAPS, shitcalls for selling against are OK, but not the long-dated LEAPS, they're great when they work out, but terrible when they dump

Yes, the way forward for me is cash, shitcall & shutputs, weekly premiums and then by shares, but just when I get close to sorting it all out, boom!

This is insane. Down 31% since Dec. 29th
Can I remind you of last year. Yikes! Ok lets not replay the crazy drop.

Good news is I only got back half the shares that was called away via CCs in the 230-235s. Now I can be very close to ITM with CSPs to get more shares back. When we were above 250s I was feeling FOMO and wanted the shares back ASAP. How things change so quickly.

I purposely didn't play the earnings binary event and worked out well.

At the end of the trading day I BTO 100 x BPS 150-145 2/2 for $0.09. I know: the odds of that spread going ITM within 6 trading days are very slim, after such a long drop from 265 and the stock being so much oversold. But we live in strange times and we still have that gap at 246 to fill. The investment is only $900, so it’s not like I’m betting the farm. The potential gain is almost $50k.

I may try out this strategy more often (also to the upside). I succesfully did this week with 50 x BPS 180-175, although I closed that one much too early. The risk is very small. Most of the times it probably won’t work out, but you only need to get it right once in a while.

By the way, who was it that recently mentioned this strategy?

At the end of the trading day I BTO 100 x BPS 150-145 2/2 for $0.09. I know: the odds of that spread going ITM within 6 trading days are very slim, after such a long drop from 265 and the stock being so much oversold. But we live in strange times and we still have that gap at 246 to fill. The investment is only $900, so it’s not like I’m betting the farm. The potential gain is almost $50k.

I may try out this strategy more often (also to the upside). I succesfully did this week with 50 x BPS 180-175, although I closed that one much too early. The risk is very small. Most of the times it probably won’t work out, but you only need to get it right once in a while.

This, right? I never really thought of this type of position, but interesting

1706220232099.png

• Informative
Reactions: UncaNed
The post from Fred and the others earlier about risk of writing against long-dated calls (deltas and all that...) made me think about a potential IC/calendar approach

Problem with condors - which are just a combination of bear put & call spreads, is that if either long side goes ITM, you get a max loss situation, but what if they were bookended by long LEAP calls and puts?

So the idea would be to buy some shitcalls & puts, 100x, let's say, Jan 2025 +p100's and +c300's -> these are there purely to act as a safety-net in case either side of the weekly gets into trouble, so a container, if you like

Would this remove the inherent risk of IC's, or is it just a waste money? I'm trying to work it out, but my brain hurts

The post from Fred and the others earlier about risk of writing against long-dated calls (deltas and all that...) made me think about a potential IC/calendar approach

Problem with condors - which are just a combination of bear put & call spreads, is that if either long side goes ITM, you get a max loss situation, but what if they were bookended by long LEAP calls and puts?

So the idea would be to buy some shitcalls & puts, 100x, let's say, Jan 2025 +p100's and +c300's -> these are there purely to act as a safety-net in case either side of the weekly gets into trouble, so a container, if you like

Would this remove the inherent risk of IC's, or is it just a waste money? I'm trying to work it out, but my brain hurtsget margin
You'll likely get margin improvement, but the sit calls/puts will always remain as *sugar* ;) maybe until like double black swan event (on either side) ;)

Dl003 started the Long Spread and we took it from there.
Cheaper way vs doing plain Long and allowed us to buy more closer ITM option at a reduced costs.

The trick is to aligned the short leg so SP never reach there upon expiration.
Talking about 10x or 20x max win to loss. The farther OTM the higher the multiplier.

Doing a wider leg give more room for profit, but also more cost.

1706221534568.png

Add the Call Side as well and you have a cheap strangle.

1706221620929.png

edit: but come-on 150? That would make a lots of people depressed......

Thanks. What are some moves you have in mind re working it down?
I am going to be stuck selling calls for a while hoping for shares to be called away. Without some kind of catalyst to stop the bleeding I don't trust selling puts no matter what the statistics say. Personally I am also going to ladder up deep ITM LEAP calls to replace shares and raise cash... because at heart I am still a Tesla bull. (I cannot think of any of Tesla's "challenges" that are not solvable.)

The money I lost today hurts but I believe it will recover eventually. I just need to work to maintain cash flow and keep my interest to see opportunities. My other major holding is Apple, so this has not been a good month.

Not sure if this is an early indication for tomorrow but it's positive. AH gains.

View attachment 1012259
I saw this on my ticker at 5:14pm today and almost **SUGARED** in my pants. For the ghost-orders crowd, this is a good one! 😲

bbc20c53-c985-4ff5-aff4-92c6142ca1cc.jpeg

PS It’s prolly the destination of the short-squeeze that’s coming up (in 2030…🤪).

INTC lowered forward guidance, -10% AH. Hopefully TSLA bucks the trend in the morning
Market up, TSLA down
Market down, TSLA down
Market flat, TSLA down
that’s been the pattern for ~ 25 trading days now. I think we’re getting close to truly bottoming though, but I doubt it will feel like it at the time and I doubt it’s going to be a run for the border for a while.

Market up, TSLA down
Market down, TSLA down
Market flat, TSLA down
that’s been the pattern for ~ 25 trading days now. I think we’re getting close to truly bottoming though, but I doubt it will feel like it at the time and I doubt it’s going to be a run for the border for a while.

That's why NVDA and AMD are down AH. Maybe now is the time to sell Call on the Semi since they are at ATH ???

A wise guy once said "Tesla will go up when it want".

Reactions: DaBooster