Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is the channel formation floating around where ppl are getting the $65 target from. Personally I think COVID and Jan 2022's lows need to be deleted from any TA, but I'm not a chartist.

View attachment 1012531
Yes, take out some covid, but that includes Nov/dec 2021, it was irrational. Take out DEC 2022/JAN 2023 lows, I’m fine with that, THEN lets rebuild some charts.

Problem is, the narrative is quickly forming that as far as the stock goes, SOME MULTIPLE of earnings, is warranted.. there WAS strong buying of course RABID buying some might say when P/E was ~ 25 down when stock was <108$. Now, at 65x with EARNINGS FALLING OR FLAT, nobody wants to warrant a 65x PE.. and that’s TODAY after 30% chopped off in the past ~ 60 days.

So, somewhere IN BETWEEN seems logical if not also probable. So take the ~ $4 EPS for 2024, multiply by ~ 40, we’re at $160… maybe its only 35x we’re at $140.. ok, lets give them a LITTLE more credit, we’re at $155+

Too many ppl now are trying to say “car company”, which would be a 6 or 10x multiple at best, and that in my opinion is just not going to happen.

So I’m going to work over the weekend on my earnings update, target multiple - though where there is interest and buying support for this type of growth and some category combination. And then lay that OVER the TA, but with the 3-4SD carve outs that I mentioned above. That’ll be an interesting exercise.

Yes, take out some covid, but that includes Nov/dec 2021, it was irrational. Take out DEC 2022/JAN 2023 lows, I’m fine with that, THEN lets rebuild some charts.

Problem is, the narrative is quickly forming that as far as the stock goes, SOME MULTIPLE of earnings, is warranted.. there WAS strong buying of course RABID buying some might say when P/E was ~ 25 down when stock was <108$. Now, at 65x with EARNINGS FALLING OR FLAT, nobody wants to warrant a 65x PE.. and that’s TODAY after 30% chopped off in the past ~ 60 days.

So, somewhere IN BETWEEN seems logical if not also probable. So take the ~ $4 EPS for 2024, multiply by ~ 40, we’re at $160… maybe its only 35x we’re at $140.. ok, lets give them a LITTLE more credit, we’re at $155+

Too many ppl now are trying to say “car company”, which would be a 6 or 10x multiple at best, and that in my opinion is just not going to happen.

So I’m going to work over the weekend on my earnings update, target multiple - though where there is interest and buying support for this type of growth and some category combination. And then lay that OVER the TA, but with the 3-4SD carve outs that I mentioned above. That’ll be an interesting exercise.

Well said! Please share your chart and findings when you're done ;- )

2/2 options market guessing 170-195ish

1706303542723.png

1706304518863.png

looking one month ahead, watch out for 160 on 2/23

1706303663878.png

max pain ahead

1706303743435.png

net premium flow not too bad today

1706304101329.png

looking at net premiums, 180 and 187.50 are next week's large bets

1706304180641.png

similar to yesterday, we finished on green candles

1706304430907.png

Well, boys and girl, was a green day, I'll take it!

Has been a nasty week, actually An awful 4 weeks, one of the worst I can ever remember, but I think most of us were better positioned than in the past, I haven't heard any horror-stories from anyone, no margin-calls, etc.

So I believe we've learned something from the past

Well, boys and girl, was a green day, I'll take it!

Has been a nasty week, actually An awful 4 weeks, one of the worst I can ever remember, but I think most of us were better positioned than in the past, I haven't heard any horror-stories from anyone, no margin-calls, etc.

So I believe we've learned something from the past
you know, i was just thinking of saying the same thing

if you've been here for quite a while and you're still experiencing large losses, then you're really not paying attention

once in a while is ok, but don't make it consistent

View attachment 1012548

View attachment 1012560

View attachment 1012549

max pain ahead

View attachment 1012550
Anything after 3/15/24 is OLD MONEY at best… and even then it’s only higher probably due to more OLD MONEY post Mar 2024 monthly expiry. So, I think this curve is going to start to flatten more, so if we were to take it TODAY and track it against closes, I think we’re going to continue to be consistently BELOW MP on relative closes. I’m making a new worksheet.

you know, i was just thinking of saying the same thing

if you've been here for quite a while and you're still experiencing large losses, then you're really not paying attention

once in a while is ok, but don't make it consistent
Well I will admit that my portfolio is down 20% YTD, but that's paper losses, realised gains at +$200k, and that's including a load of short puts that went dITM in the dump down

And I'm not intending to panic sell the longs down here, will just keep selling against them until expiry, strong possibility to at least recuperate the initial costs

But I think I'm done with expensive LEAPS, they're too stressy when they fall in price, underwater very fast...

Last edited:
Well I will admit that my portfolio is down 20% YTD, but that's paper losses, realised gains at +$200k, and that's including a load of put losses in the dump down

And I'm not intending to panic sell the longs down here, will just keep selling against them until expiry, strong possibility to at least recuperate the initial costs

But I think I'm done with expensive LEAPS, they're too stress when they fall in price, underwater very fast...
If I have initially learned about Option / Strategies from this group versus from that infamous reddit site, I would be 10x more well off and be a more handsome doggy then what I look now ;) and Yoona would have adopted me.

The only loss I have incurred was when I stray off the path and become greedy. Else all was goods.

shutdown time, i might be spending more time with NVDA and SPY so you may see me less 🤷‍♀️

1706305985048.png
the reason i sold NVDA IC on Wed is because i noticed that NVDA never had 3 consecutive 10%+ OTMs, so the chance of a low OTM this week is high

it's always 2 weeks large up and then rest a bit

low 7dte OTM is perfect for IC

now you know!

1706307072813.png

View attachment 1012548

View attachment 1012560

View attachment 1012549

max pain ahead

View attachment 1012550

net premium flow not too bad today

View attachment 1012555

looking at net premiums, 180 and 187.50 are next week's large bets

View attachment 1012557

similar to yesterday, we finished on green candles

View attachment 1012559
Are we expecting a big knock your socks off move for TSLA next week - Yoona's safe ICs is at 15%. Seem to even be higher then this week.

Well I will admit that my portfolio is down 20% YTD, but that's paper losses, realised gains at +$200k, and that's including a load of short puts that went dITM in the dump down

But I think I'm done with expensive LEAPS, they're too stressy when they fall in price, underwater very fast...
Paper lost is not a loss till the contract is closed.

Acknowledging that concepts can help avoid panicking situation. Easier said then done.

Damn some people are so bearish, talking about becoming the nurse from Dumb Money and even brought in sp from GJ. Tesla has always traded at a premium even when they were about to go bankrupt. It's a "lets wait to see if Elon pulls a rabbit out of a hat" kind of stock and there are plenty of people willing to wait for that moment. Becoming profitable was that first rabbit hat pull. Now people are waiting for FSD or optimus so it will trade at a premium as the upside is too huge to miss out if it happens.