Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Paolo's update:
  • 15min - Opening bell PA is stuck in tug of war over the court verdict news.
  • Intraday fib ext target back up to $195 yields 0.5 res $190.43, and 0.618 res $191.51.
  • Opening stick already rejected once on the 0.5 fib, however Stochastic and VI+ are enthusiastic.
  • If we fill the gap upwards expect res at $191.51 and then finally $192.34 (0.618) on the upwards retracement back up to $196/195 fib ext target.
  • Note: Local support to the downside sits at an order block between $188.11 - $187. Below that there's low volume on the 15 min VP until ~$185.
  • I closed out my covered calls earlier just in case. Looking to re-enter once we have a more clear direction.

View attachment 1013929

Credit: Paolodamus
Thanks. I'm trying to decide when I sell CCs for Friday. I told myself to wait until Fed meeting this afternoon, but what if it's bad? 🤷‍♂️

Thanks. I'm trying to decide when I sell CCs for Friday. I told myself to wait until Fed meeting this afternoon, but what if it's bad? 🤷‍♂️

FWIW I've read that since PCE came in flat/cool last week FOMC will be repeat of last one and no major fireworks to cause a crash, but actually may keep things where they are. Tech may correct but not crash. Would be nice to see $$ flow from the fat 6 into TSLA.

Re CC's I'm holding off selling right now, since I have a feeling we may see mid-$190's again where I'll sell some then. If afternoon we're hovering near $195-196 then I'll be more cautious selling since a close over $195 can see $200-$217 by end of next week all things considered.

FWIW I've read that since PCE came in flat/cool last week FOMC will be repeat of last one and no major fireworks to cause a crash, but actually may keep things where they are. Tech may correct but not crash. Would be nice to see $$ flow from the fat 6 into TSLA.

Re CC's I'm holding off selling right now, since I have a feeling we may see mid-$190's again where I'll sell some then. If afternoon we're hovering near $195-196 then I'll be more cautious selling since a close over $195 can see $200-$217 by end of next week all things considered.
Despite Macro the 5 minutes charts show wedge forming movement toward 190/191. It may trade sideway till fomc. But held strong so far.

Reactions: Jim Holder
Despite Macro the 5 minutes charts show wedge forming movement toward 190/191. It may trade sideway till fomc. But held strong so far.
QQQ are down something like 2% since Monday. Either somebody knows something, or we are going to get a nice rally after Fed Meeting that could take TSLA back into the mid-190s....

Reactions: thenewguy1979
1706715569083.png

@Yoona Check out Zac's EW update on TSLA for today, pretty cool: https://www.elliottwavetrader.net/videos/SW-Charts-of-the-Day-2024013017776.html#T-TSLA-277 (need a subscription to watch)

What's interesting is that it matches what Cary/WickedStocks is calling for (attempt at $217 area and rotate back down to lower low before new highs) even though Cary doesn't track EW. The confluences between analysts are nice for conviction.

Zac says TSLA can try for $217 area now since the 'b' down is done, but there's a chance it makes one more low to $183 or even low $170's first, but better if it makes the new low from up high @IV ($217) then down.

Seems a possible play is $170 puts at $210-215 area if we see it...

1706717028379.png

1706718024989.png

Last edited:
QQQ are down something like 2% since Monday. Either somebody knows something, or we are going to get a nice rally after Fed Meeting that could take TSLA back into the mid-190s....
Theta decay too is taking a toll. 15 mins after open the 205's were .26 with an IV of 62.63% (189.93 SP). Now at 11:40 the 205's were .21 with a 61.21% IV and the same stock price at 190.

Reactions: BornToFly
Bought the shares back I sold after ER and bought 200c for next week. Took a loss and closed out 185c I sold earlier this week.

I think the Elon compensation cancellation is bullish for the company and I’m starting to wonder how much lower it can really go from here.

I have been consistently wrong on my pre-FOMC positioning for the last two years so let’s see what happens today.