Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What’s up with the $193-$189 haircut the past few min?
You're not watching the macro's? Market is dumping based on the Fed/Powell's comments. Everything has been tanking for the past 15 mins.

Pretty much what I thought might happen. The market is just looking for a reason to correct itself anywhere from 5-10% and was likely going to use any "tough" talk by Powell as justification.

Yeh, just noticing that now. What didn’t market like? He sounds happy with no more increases and confident some cuts runs year coming.
The market is absolutely pricing in a March rate cut. If that doesn't happen, then expect a dump.

Powell can talk tough now but if the labor numbers on Friday come in weak like the ADP numbers did and if the Jan CPI number comes in cold on Feb 13th, Powell won't have a choice but to cut in March. But between now and then, I expect the market to correct itself. Will be interesting to see how TSLA holds up. Will it show strength in the face of macro weakness and hold 180 or 170 or will that macro correction put it in freefall again. 🤷‍♂️

If TSLA holds 180 through a 5-7% macro correction, it really feels like it's loaded to launch. Ideal scenario would be for TSLA to test 180 about 2-3 more times in the face of a macro 5-7% selloff. If it were to hold through that, I would flip some of my positioning to much more bullish.

$187.50 GEX confluence should provide decent support, let's see...

1706733837752.png

We need the market to close already, and hope for better macro sentiment tomorrow....
Are you overall wanting the market to go up or down after the next 1-2 months and the rest of the year?

If you're wanting the market to be higher in 3-6 months, better to just get the 5-10% correction out of the way. S&P already down 1.7% from it's peak. Still got another 3.3-8.3% to go. Personally I think the correction will end about 7-8% down from the high on Jan 29th.

Personally I'd rather just get this correction done and over with because it makes trying to position oneself with TSLA that much harder if you have a pending correction that could happen at any time.

Seem you're betting on SP going sideway for next 2 weeks. No wonder we didn't get that massive pump today :)
Well pre-earnings had 100x -p205, then knee-jerked into 100x -c185

Having extracted from the -p205's, now treating the -c185's

Going well, happy with the repositioning so far, no stress, no panic... preserve capital, etc.

Last edited: