Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, guess I'm rolling my 190CCs for Friday.... 👀

190 CCs for Feb 9, 2024 are probably safe. NFA and have been wrong before.
… and now I’ve been wrong again! :)

On the one hand, I believe you rolled those on that same day (Wednesday). On the other hand, the next day (Thursday AM) when the drop to $185 hit was the perfect timing to close out ones covered calls. Kudos to those that did that! :) :) :)

Reactions: BornToFly
Agree. There are some stupid institutional traders buying in too. One trader in CNBC said, "Elon delivered a great Earnings Call and i bought in".
Lack of bad news. These actors could push TSLA up. Lack of volume suggests TSLA MMs are largely absent.
I gave a disagree

The earnings call was actually very good for those with a time-frame longer than the end of their nose. Wall Street just threw its toys out of the pram due to the lack of concrete guidance. It was already stated on the Q3 call that growth would be lower in 2024, so all the hand-wringing now is just over-dramatic

Anyone with two brain-cells to rub together can see that this is a great moment to accumulate TSLA - will cheaper prices come, possibly, but I would not call anyone buying now "stupid", quite the opposite in fact

More price cuts to start the next trading week on. They're small price cuts but you know how the narrative will go. If macro's stagnate or drop, wouldn't be surprised to see TSLA hit hard back down into the mid 180's.

TSLA and macro's in general need that CPI print Tuesday to come in ice cold to keep this rally going. And when I say rally, I'm mostly talking macro's and very lightly applying that to TSLA's rally from 180 to 193 😅

More price cuts to start the next trading week on. They're small price cuts but you know how the narrative will go. If macro's stagnate or drop, wouldn't be surprised to see TSLA hit hard back down into the mid 180's.

TSLA and macro's in general need that CPI print Tuesday to come in ice cold to keep this rally going. And when I say rally, I'm mostly talking macro's and very lightly applying that to TSLA's rally from 180 to 193 😅

Inventory Model Y prices have not go down. Will Tesla introduce a similar Model Y interior update like they did in China starting in March? We are looking to buy a Y right now and the February inventory prices are higher than in January even with $1000 off from having a Cybertruck early reservation.

I agree with others, more price cuts both USA and China are coming.. EU has already sorta done that, but they could still cut more. Automotive delinquencies are quite high and RISING, which at least for one industry is never good. We won’t see any real lending rate cuts for ~ 3-4 months IMO, so unless auto companies start buying down more of the financing - which is a CUT, they won’t move as much product. Other domestic OEM are already doing this. We could also be heading into even MORE contentious discussions of Tax credits which wouldn’t help.

Last edited:
I agree with others, more price cuts both USA and China are coming.. EU has already sorta done that, but they could still cut more. Automotive delinquencies are quite high and RISING, which at least for one industry is never good. We won’t see any real lending rate cuts for ~ 3-4 months IMO, so unless auto companies start buying down more of the financing - which is a CUT, they won’t move as much product. Other domestic OEM are already doing this. We could also be heading into even MORE contentious discussions of Tax credits which wouldn’t help.
I would rather Tesla offering financial assistance via rate buy down (financing via Tesla) than lowering prices.

I would rather Tesla offering financial assistance via rate buy down (financing via Tesla) than lowering prices.
Def better than cutting price and often shows up in marketing expense (which we are not used to with TSLA) or F&I OPEX.

With 20B+ cash on hand, Tesla could buy down financing by 100-125 bps from their treasury, and break even relative to earning 5%, and paying 22% corp tax on the interest income.

Last edited:
Def better than cutting price and often shows up in marketing expense (which we are not used to with TSLA) or F&I OPEX.

With 20B+ cash on hand, Tesla could buy down financing by 100-125 bps from their treasury, and break even relative to earning 5%, and paying 22% corp tax on the interest income.
Agree. Why do you think they are not doing this?

Hmmm….

1707610229451.png

Reactions: DaBooster

This move helps in the area of margin…the way this financing expense is captured.

Reactions: UncaNed
CPI will print and we rocket to the moon next week.

I said it 1st. But dont shoot the dog if Im wrong ;)
Certainly seems to be a disconnect from reality on US inflation, and even if the 3.5% is correct, having rates nearly +2% over that makes no sense either

1707643041030.png

Last edited:
Would also love to know of other stocks that have nice premiums on a $30 wide spread, and have good volume....
accdg to my automated scans, u will like SMCI 40-wide 7Δ (13% p-OTM, 20% c-OTM)

2.45 7dte, just make sure u hv stop loss and don't STO BCS too early

1707662105615.png

1707660562372.png
1707660844014.png

1707660721501.png

1%-10% is the normal OTM (high probability, that's what to avoid)

1707661355793.png

Last edited:

BREAKING: Elon Musk Must Testify in SEC Twitter Probe, Court Rules​

(Bloomberg) -- A federal court in California is enforcing a subpoena for Elon Musk to testify before the US Securities and Exchange Commission regarding potential violations of federal securities laws in connection with his purchase of Twitter.

The court ruled the evidence gathered is relevant and material to the SEC’s investigation and the testimony required of Musk is not unduly burdensome, a court filing Friday said. The two parties were ordered to meet within one week and decide on a date and location for the testimony.

Musk had testified before the SEC twice in half-day sessions on July of 2022. But the agency, having since received “thousands of new documents” from various parties, including some authored by Musk, wants to ask him about new information. Musk’s counsel agreed with the SEC to testify last September before requesting to postpone the meeting by one day and later refusing to appear, according to Friday’s filing.

The SEC is seeking information about Musk’s purchases of Twitter stock ahead of the company’s acquisition.

The Tesla CEO and co-founder, whose purchase of Twitter, now known as X, concluded in October of 2022, refutes the grounds for the SEC’s investigation, calling it baseless and claiming it seeks irrelevant information, court filings say.

Musk also contends the subpoena exceeds the SEC’s authority because it was issued by an SEC staffer appointed by the agency’s director of enforcement, not by an officer appointed by the president, a court or the head of a federal department. The court denied this on Friday, saying the subpoena is authorized by the Exchange Act.

©2024 Bloomberg L.P.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...must-testify-in-sec-twitter-probe-court-rules

BREAKING: Elon Musk Must Testify in SEC Twitter Probe, Court Rules​

(Bloomberg) -- A federal court in California is enforcing a subpoena for Elon Musk to testify before the US Securities and Exchange Commission regarding potential violations of federal securities laws in connection with his purchase of Twitter.

The court ruled the evidence gathered is relevant and material to the SEC’s investigation and the testimony required of Musk is not unduly burdensome, a court filing Friday said. The two parties were ordered to meet within one week and decide on a date and location for the testimony.

Musk had testified before the SEC twice in half-day sessions on July of 2022. But the agency, having since received “thousands of new documents” from various parties, including some authored by Musk, wants to ask him about new information. Musk’s counsel agreed with the SEC to testify last September before requesting to postpone the meeting by one day and later refusing to appear, according to Friday’s filing.

The SEC is seeking information about Musk’s purchases of Twitter stock ahead of the company’s acquisition.

The Tesla CEO and co-founder, whose purchase of Twitter, now known as X, concluded in October of 2022, refutes the grounds for the SEC’s investigation, calling it baseless and claiming it seeks irrelevant information, court filings say.

Musk also contends the subpoena exceeds the SEC’s authority because it was issued by an SEC staffer appointed by the agency’s director of enforcement, not by an officer appointed by the president, a court or the head of a federal department. The court denied this on Friday, saying the subpoena is authorized by the Exchange Act.

©2024 Bloomberg L.P.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...must-testify-in-sec-twitter-probe-court-rules
Damned if you do, damned if you don’t; Elon was forced to follow through with the purchase of Twitter.