Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1709048014969.png

I don't usually buy puts and just watch the SP drop. This is true with buying calls when the SP drops by ~30%. This kind of changed recently with buying 1 June 185 call so I can sell one extra CC on it. I may have to rethink about buying puts to protect my underlying shares vs just watching it drop. What even more neat is learning from folks here to sell some puts to offset the cost.

@dl003 checking in re the criteria:

1. Yes, the stock has shown strength on the 2h, but will it show it on the 4h and take us up further? Meaning, once it has taken out 201.30 (closing over 201.3 on any 2h candle, not just breaking it intra-candle), will the next candles be green until it's reached overbought on the 4h?
2. On the day when it takes out 201.3, will the highest closing price far exceed 201.3, resulting in an even higher RSI reading on the 2h compared to the peak of 72.43 on Friday? If not, we're just going to have a bigger bearish divergence, now on the 2h, leading to another pullback which can morph into a full blown correction, possibly marking the end of this recovery.
We will be happy with just one. If none happens, then be very careful on that day and prepare for a steep correction.

Seems we didn't meet either one. On the 2HR the new high had a lower RSI than Friday's previous high (peak today was 64) and couldn't close candles above it.

Time for puts/close longs?

1709050547078.png