Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As of ~2 weeks ago DMV VIN data had CT production barely above 100 per week, so I think 100/day currently is...optimistic.
Based on drone footage they are doing close to that at least some days. They are safely shipping out a minimum of 30-40/day average currently; there aren't enough data points to support a higher number with confidence.

It doesn't have a material impact on Q1 financials, but it is important relative to how they are executing.

Reactions: BornToFly
Without Yoona's data, I would have said a Green Monday is usually followed by a Red Tuesday, but that is not the case.

Part of the rally may be due to the recent news from BYD saying that battery costs are going to be cut in half. Clearly margins for EVs are going to improve.
BYD also stating how much they admire Tesla, see them more as a partner than a competitor and have no plans to expand into the US... on top of that I would say people are finally beginning to understand that legacy auto is nowhere and the other EV companies are struggling. It's all about Tesla and BYD now

Decent CN numbers today after CNY restart, on track still for a record quarter, at this stage you'd have to say 500k is a distinct possibility, which would be a great psychological milestone

As of ~2 weeks ago DMV VIN data had CT production barely above 100 per week, so I think 100/day currently is...optimistic.

Same data shows Highland refresh in the US is also going really slowly in ramping.

Troy may well be overly pessimistic for the annual number by assuming Tesla will ramp slower going forward than they actually do- but for Q1 the more real-world VIN data he gets the lower his estimates have gotten and that's primarily data driven.

Contrast that with the #s AJ was suggesting a few posts up, with Tesla getting to 2.15 million annual deliveries for 2024 which seems... a challenging target at this point. Elon already said CT won't contribute meaningfully to the financials this year so say 50k CTs... do folks really think 3/Y sales will grow ANOTHER 300,000 units this year?
Exit rate from 24Q4 was already indicating 2million in 2024 without further growth, just needs +150k more, let's say 50k CT, so +100k 3&Y, 50k each from GF4 & 5, 1k per week, seems quite reasonable to me

TSLA moving this morning, those green GEX bars are quite attractive to it. Let’s see how high we get and if it can sustain the move. Lots of sellers lurking and watching 👀

From @dl003’s earlier post:
As we're approaching the strong $209.3 resistance. Keep an eye out for a few things:

1. Yes, the stock has shown strength on the 2h, but will it show it on the 4h and take us up further? Meaning, once it has taken out $201.30 (closing over $201.3 on any 2h candle, not just breaking it intra-candle) will the next candles be green until it's reached overbought on the 4h?

2. On the day when it takes out $201.3, will the highest closing price far exceed $201.3, resulting in an even higher RSI reading on the 2h compared to the peak of 72.43 on Friday? If not, we're just going to have a bigger bearish divergence, now on the 2h, leading to another pullback which can morph into a full blown correction, possibly marking the end of this recovery.

Both are very closely related. If either one happens, the other often follows. However, we will be happy with just one. If none happens, then be very careful on that day and prepare for a steep correction.

I sure hope the stock can go further than just the 2h timeframe but we trade the chart, not what we wish to happen.

For the record, the 4h RSI is right now sitting at 60.8. To reach 70, I estimate it needs to reach 215 minimum. The good news is it had reached it in both of the big DCBs we had in 2023.

Note the ~$210 pivot as price is inching closer to that pivot. Good bounce short term, but this has simply been consolidating below pivot resistance.

1709040192649.png

Credit: TATrades

Reactions: ChiefRollo
Exit rate from 24Q4 was already indicating 2million in 2024 without further growth, just needs +150k more, let's say 50k CT, so +100k 3&Y, 50k each from GF4 & 5, 1k per week, seems quite reasonable to me

Does it?

Inventory discounts keep happening, EU inventory of Y increased significantly, and ramp of Highland in the US has been shockingly slow for something China didn't seem to have issues ramping.... (and even in China/EU there's still no Performance version available ~6 months after the refresh)- plus Model 3 lost a $7500 tax credit in the US, and other models lost EV incentives in Germany and elsewhere, Chinas economy looks to be in trouble, and rate cuts haven't come yet and look like they won't for longer than many thought.

It's not that I doubt Tesla could MAKE 300k more 3/Y in 2024 than in 2023....the highland ramp issue doesn't help, but Berlin in particular has run well under capacity since opening and still does so they could hit that target if they wanted to.... the issue is finding 300k more [B}buyers[/B] of 3/Y at prices that still offer not-awful margins for Tesla... again with the general economic situation and no-EV-credits headwinds in a number of significant markets not helping there either.

Based on drone footage they are doing close to that at least some days.

FWIW that video I'm replying to claimed to do just that... but then actually looking at it only showed, at best, 24 Cybertrucks actually lined up for delivery that day....

They are safely shipping out a minimum of 30-40/day average currently; there aren't enough data points to support a higher number with confidence.

It doesn't have a material impact on Q1 financials, but it is important relative to how they are executing.

Again I don't pay for Troys most recent VIN data, so it's possible they've done from ~100 a week to ~200 a week since his Feb 7 data.... but the video posted in support of 100/day sure didn't actually support that- and that one at least doesn't even support 30-40 day, showing only 24 actually lined up to get on delivery trucks, but it's at least a more plausible jump than 100/day.

More relevantly- it makes Troys delivery target for CT in 2024 look quite reasonable when another poster suggested it was not. It's of course possible there's be some massive step-change in CT ramp at some point--- but since Tesla told us 4680 supply was NOT gating production I'm not sure what that would be... (if it had been 4680 supply then adding the 4 more lines they've talked about would be the fix).

Either way, as you say, and as Elon has, CT won't be financially material this year.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: UncaNed
Does it?

Inventory discounts keep happening, EU inventory of Y increased significantly, and ramp of Highland in the US has been shockingly slow for something China didn't seem to have issues ramping.... plus Model 3 lost a $7500 tax credit in the US, and other models lost EV incentives in Germany and elsewhere, Chinas economy looks to be in trouble, and rate cuts haven't come yet and look like they won't for longer than many thought.

It's not that I doubt Tesla could MAKE 300k more 3/Y in 2024 than in 2023....the highland ramp issue doesn't help, but Berlin in particular has run well under capacity since opening and still does so they could hit that target if they wanted to.... the issue is finding 300k more [B}buyers[/B] of 3/Y at prices that still offer not-awful margins for Tesla... again with the general economic situation and no-EV-credits headwinds in a number of significant markets not helping there either.

Please let's keep this thread focused on trading options and have all other discussions in the other thread.

Thread on topic.gif

Please let's keep this thread focused on trading options and have all other discussions in the other thread.

View attachment 1022519
To be fair, Jim, although the discussion is maybe going a bit too deep, I think the Q1 P&D numbers will be extremely relevant to short term TSLA SP - if Q1 were to beat consensus, be higher than seasonally-stronger Q4, Dog-forbid, be above 500k, would be a major catalyst IMO and something we should all be prescient of with our positioning as the end of the quarter approaches

To be fair, Jim, although the discussion is maybe going a bit too deep, I think the Q1 P&D numbers will be extremely relevant to short term TSLA SP - if Q1 were to beat consensus, be higher than seasonally-stronger Q4, Dog-forbid, be above 500k, would be a major catalyst IMO and something we should all be prescient of with our positioning as the end of the quarter approaches
Good point

Agree on the P&D numbers being relevant, but not the deep discussion/speculation. If/when there is relevant material info I'd expect @Knightshade to have it handy and be spot on.

Cory of Wicked Stocks said that over 202.21 means we could hit 207.83 today. Close over 209.9 means go long to 250. I will see what kind of rolls I have for my 205CC for Friday and open new CCs on my remaining shares to help roll them further up.

Edit: I'm also going to double or triple my NVDA ICs for Friday.
I'm a bit exposed to the TSLA upside with:

3/1 20x -c200 + 50x -c210
3/8 50x -c210
3/15 23x -c175
Sep 100x -c240

However, have the following longs:

2200 TSLA
3/15 100x +c280
July 100x +c300
Jan 25 100x +c300
Dec 25 60x +c200
Jan 26 26x +c270
Jun 26 11x +c200

Unless something very dramatic happens, the March +c280 are toast, but the July +c300's could possibly cover a melt-up and weekly roll of the weekly short calls

Still have 20x Sep -p270's that will benefit from a rise too

And I've been doing my recent short calls on a relatively sensible 50x per week alternating, allowing a 2 week roll-out if needed, of course that doesn't help much if we get "one of those" face-rippers, but more flexible than 100x per week

Last edited:
SW EW update:

TSLA seems to be trying for "more than iv" ($207-$209) which will make another new lower low as C of (2) ($155) less probable. But so far it rejected 2x @ $205.55. And it will still need to hold a retrace to a higher low off $175 after getting the possible 5up to confirm that $175.01 was the bottom.

Primary analysis

1709046679835.png

Macro Clean

1709046699181.png

Last edited: