Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1709817696576.png

If you don't mind, please explain to me how you're able to figure out what price an option will be at a certain SP as demonstrated above. Thank you!

Tools like OptionStrat, select strike/DTE and contract value. Note IV can affect the price, though the current setting is about normal to a bit elevated.
So it seems for the contract to be $20 it will need SP around $140.

1709817751366.png

Bear are in control premarket. Pain may be here longer then usual.

Recap - dl003 target 143 wave C, Tivoboy 165/160, Yoona waiting to buy at 160………..
Technically, my “target” is $155, that was my target ~ 2.5 months ago (for this moment) and a bit more has changed, but I’ll stick with it overall. but my start to accumulate begins ~ 166 and then builds as we go lower approaching 160.

Can someone pls explain the following:

We hear:
"Large amounts of puts are flowing in, SP will drop."

Then we hear:
"There are so many puts/large -GEX wall at 'x' strike, there's no way MM will let price go down there to pay out the puts.

How to reconcile the two?
if you buy +p, dealers will sell stock to remain delta-neutral; this forces the underlying to fall (ie continuous cycle) - this doesn't mean they have profits, they are just offsetting their risk

this large selling causes momentum effort or price to change significantly, and IV will rise and we will see -gex and -vex

if -gex is below spot, selling would accelerate (-gex is magnet)

if -gex is above spot, buying would accelerate (-gex is magnet)

if -vex is below spot and price is dropping, -vex becomes repellant (-vex is support)

if -vex is above spot and price is rising, -vex becomes repellant (-vex is resistance)

to avoid payouts, dealers may protect that put OI wall (ie close above)

gex walls and vex walls and OI walls function differently when far from expiration

as we approach 0dte, gex/OI walls may be similar

1709759994364.png

Well darn, thanks a lot! Without this piece of info how could I have known sentiment was bearish yesterday. /s
TSLA is resting on a few good supports here.
On the lower timeframe, it's reached the 4.618x extension of the 1st wave from 206 to 194 around 172. This is strong
On the higher timeframe, it's reached the .381x projection of the 1st leg down from 265 to 175. This is weak as historically it can go to the 0.618 projection at 150.
Also the lower band of AVWAP. This is semi strong because we've tested once last month. Retesting so soon means it loses some of the luster.
1709821515075.png

Last edited:
View attachment 1025304
Well darn, thanks a lot! Without this piece of info how could I have known sentiment was bearish yesterday. /s
On the lower timeframe, it's reached the 4.618x extension of the 1st wave from 206 to 194 around 172. This is strong
On the higher timeframe, it's reached the .381x projection of the 1st leg down from 265 to 175. This is weak as historically it can go to the 0.618 projection at 150.
Also the lower band of AVWAP. This is semi strong because we've tested once last month. Retesting so soon means it loses some of the luster.
View attachment 1025525
According to my current wave count. It should reach 180 at the minimum, likely 185, then big risk of turning down again.

View attachment 1025304
View attachment 1025525

Thanks for the update!

Seems $198 is the new wall to beat (red trend line) vs. old $209 (which may still also remain).
Hence >$200 CCs might be "safe" until April. Fair assessment?

1709823526933.png

Last edited:
Reactions: dl003 and DaBooster
Done, closed @b/e (1.40 for me)
I've been following this trade, the current ask is closer to 2.50, the bid is 2.00 , how do you close these at 1.4 and 1.8 ? Trying to get a good feel for this trade, makes sense, just unclear how the closing could be had with the ask/bid spread being what it was.