Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In a way it's sad that TSLA was pretty much my first stock, so I had no experience and n idea what I was doing. I bought most if it very low in 2016 because I had a small cash windfall and loved the company, and it went nowhere for 3.5 years after which it took off, and with the exception of the C19 blip, kept going... I thought that was normal and it wouldn't stop, so when I looked at my iPhone one day Oct/Nov 2021 and worked out I have $5.3million out of a total investment of $112k, I looked at what everyone was saying on the TA side "if we break 1250, then it's a clear run up to $1400", which would have given me $6m, roughly €5m

So I set my mind to offload it all when that hit, and then the next day, Elon tweeted out his infamous Twitter tax poll 😩

And that was that... but hey, could be worse.... still wealthier than I ever thought possible, even now, and working hard to improve it further!
TSLA was my first stock where I had a very large position after the runup and by far my biggest regret is not knowing how I could leverage that position to make quite a lot of money without selling at that current price. I was already planning on offloading half of my position between 500-600 and was willing to be patient and endure some chop for a couple years. Obviously did NOT see this type of chop scenario happening.

I left about $1 million sitting on the table by simply not selling CC's at 2 year 550 strike price back in Nov 2021 and then to further kick a man when he's down, needed roughly 300k in cash for a downpayment and chose to liquidate some shares because of risk of the severe downturn going even more severe back in Q1 2023.

On a side not about TA since you mentioned, I remember how everyone that was doing TA was so sure that there's a further run ahead before a big drop would occur. That higher high never happened. Reminds me somewhat of the dynamic currently. Practically all TA I see points to TSLA going to 145 or 125. Wouldn't be surprised if just like before, we never see the lower low.

Last edited:
I'm still not seeing how an event 4 months away is going to overcome earnings in 3 weeks. The stock has held up today but isn't surging or anything like I remember in the old days. I bought puts for Friday from 165-172.50 because I think at some point this week we'll drop to kill all the calls people bought today. I have some short calls from 170-180 but not selling anymore just in case this is the start of a rally.

I'm still not seeing how an event 4 months away is going to overcome earnings in 3 weeks. The stock has held up today but isn't surging or anything like I remember in the old days. I bought puts for Friday from 165-172.50 because I think at some point this week we'll drop to kill all the calls people bought today. I have some short calls from 170-180 but not selling anymore just in case this is the start of a rally.
I think it really depends on FSD progress between now and 4 months. Even now and 3 weeks. There's talk/rumors that 12.4 is going to be released this week.

If FSD progress continues its recent pace or even accelerates, Aug 8th gets a lot more valuation priced in. If FSD progress stalls over the next couple months, Aug 8th becomes a nothing burger. Seems to me at least, that the market is in a holding pattern to see more from FSD progress before it decides that it should be priced in more or priced in less.

I don't know how else you try to explain the trading action since Q1 numbers since they were so much worse than anyone thought they would be.

Last edited:
Seems to me at least, that the market is in a holding pattern to see more from FSD progress before it decides that it should be priced in more or priced in less.

☝️

My thoughts exactly

We were given a bit of a reprieve. Might have some chop on the menu for the next bit of time, with occasional frog on either side.

• Love
Reactions: Cherry Wine
What funny to me, is Elon can't seem to do anything right.

If he goes a day without mentioning Tesla and FSD, he's abandoned the company.

If he says positive stuff about Tesla and FSD, he's pumping the stock before the dump.

But just you wait, when the SP starts doing well again, it's going to be the complete opposite

If he goes a day without mentioning Tesla and FSD, "things are running so well now he doesn't have to micro-manage anymore"

If he says positive stuff, stock moons so whatever.

If he says positive stuff about Tesla and FSD, he's pumping the stock before the dump.

But just you wait, when the SP starts doing well again, it's going to be the complete opposite

If he goes a day without mentioning Tesla and FSD, "things are running so well now he doesn't have to micro-manage anymore"

So true. He’s like a voodoo doll of the market’s feelings at any given time.

I'm waiting for the next Elon pump and dump. Last time he and his bro sold, I didn't because I believed Elon saying it was the best time to be a shareholder at the annual meeting. Elon sold days later, and I ignored the signal

The dog just got 12.3.3 on his Model Y. . Lot better then 11.5.

Just some crazy quirk on the planning (waiting till last moment to take exit lane off highway etc...) but the jerkiness and phantom braking are not seen.
Miles ahead..... perhaps there something up Elon's sleeves this times.

Also that big Whale that been buying is a wild card. Already rule out Max, he aint buying till sub 100 ;)

Just for the sake of this dog bought a long call 172.5C for the week. He's a believer now. Might eat more dry dog food but he's feeling positive on the progress.

The thing about big buyers is they can turn around and be big sellers.

Like those who swoop in for a small scalp and exit into fresh exit liquidity from those FOMOing at $185 or so.
"Wam, bam; thank you mam."

1712608745586.png

Reactions: MikeC and DaBooster