Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
alrighty, daytrade CC 50% already, cash out time and wait for round 2

1714488993714.png

With the volume spike and change in sentiment this week I get the feeling we will be moving higher by the end of the week

Edit: to put my money where my mouth is I bought 10 may 3rd +$195c @ $2.73 just now. With 16m shares already traded it seems like this squeeze is still running
Bought another 10 +$195c @ $1.35.

This is me probably:
1000008184.jpg

IF, and that's a big if, we've ended our first leg up, 176 is likely the bottom. At this level, we have the 50 SMA, 0.382 fib retracement, and horizontal support. I see a 0.01% chance we go any lower than that. If 176 is hit, do not hesitate to enter longs. That being said, it's also extremely possible, probably even likely, that SP sits sideways between 184 and 200 over the next several days while the 21 EMA catches up. The start of this trend has a very steep slope, so watch the 21 EMA as key support. You can also watch the 9-day EMA.
View attachment 1043114
I suspect yesterday's clear breach of the 34-day EMA is of significance and will be of meaningful near-term support.

• Informative
Reactions: UncaNed and bmd00
I had 50X -170 CSP for Friday to try to get 5,000 shares back that I lost after the ER. This morning I rolled them up to 180 for a little more credit. This explains the drop in the SP..... 🤦‍♂️

Edit: I would rather manage those than my 100X -190CCs on Friday....

• Informative
Reactions: UncaNed
I’m curious why they did such large layoffs in the SC network group including the HEAD of the group whom I thought was quite good..??
I think expansion rate of the SC network has been too slow and it is a risk for Tesla, especially with other manufacturers coming into the network. My perspective is cloudy there though; Hawaii is a few small rocks, but the SC infrastructure is really behind by about 3-4 years. There are other places that have the same reality, and for things like renting a car it is a huge issue.

Smart allocation of cash seems like the primary driver, but I think there is a need to get some new blood into key segments to innovate.

I had a decent two day BCS trade on MSTR, part of an IC I opened Monday. Opened the -c1550/+c1650 BCS for 2.75, closed it for .50 ... although risk, nice 80% overnight.

Now I'm left with the BPS end , +p890/-p990 , stayed behing OI walls and such but that is only mementary, when the position is opened. Meanwhile, awaiting for price to reverse and do the same ... but the price needs to come back to 1250 or so before this green. Alternatively, I can roll down and out BEFORE ITM or near the money. Dealer positioning implies they'd like to see it at 1000 or 1380 ... anyone that has the tools see this different?

Reactions: DaBooster
That should aligned with the thesis of the Market Correction going into this and next week right?
Probably… “i love the smell of a panic in the morning”.. ok, no dark humour.

This is machines, so pick and choose wisely. With this most recent hour of Katie bar The door, Tesla has NOT taken FURTHER hits.. I hit the bid to BTC the -CC June $190 at 11$, was waiting for $10, but figured … DBG… I was being greedy.

We’ve seen this movie before.. MON, even early TUES AM mkt can rally INTO a fed meeting even though everyone knows what is going to be DONE, but not everything that is going to be SAID.

Disclaimer and informational data point: I’m away on an island from 5/5-5/14… this is historically when ALL HELL BREAKS LOOSE.. and ends up forcing me to wake up at 2:30-3:00 to be able to play/cover/take advantage.. frankly the last couple years it’s been STUPENDOUS day trading - which is not my usual focus. I’m an investor first and swing trader 2nd..

The nice thing about being in the middle of the Pacific on HST is that by 10:00 am local time, you get to have a margarita.. ;-0