Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I missed selling CCs at 190 this morning. Wanted to sell but not sure what else we will find out tonight. Hopefully tomorrow will have another nice bounce so I can sell CCs. Anyone else thinking 200+ will be a hard nut to crack next week?

I too may look into moving some to NVDA for my 'trading' allocation. The stock split makes it a lot easier to manage.
Yeah, I'm looking for a good price on -c202.50's for next week, don't mind to sell those today if we get a pop into close

Would NVDA be primed more for these strategy?

It's 1/10 of the previous values so LEAP are cheaper and you can wield a much bigger stick.......
Also NVDA is a lot more stable then TSLA and SMCI IMO, at least for now during the uptrend.
Up at these levels I think selling NVDA calls is likely a better return than puts, but the price of NVDA LEAPs right now is bonkers-high, so not for the moment...

P.S. I'm not keen on buying shares, I still see too much risk there, better to stay in cash and work with LEAPs and shitcalls/puts, once I can offload the +c200 LEAPS for some profits, I will, in the meantime I keep them going
You know your goals best, but it is generally healthy to keep a good percentage of your portfolio in stocks and the rest in cash. Allow yourself some long-term capital gains and stability, and use the stocks to margin against in a pinch. I'm at about 15% cash right now, and for my situation I would like to get that up to 20%.

I'm looking for about 3% per week on cash, but the way I prefer to look at it is return on capital-at-risk. (I assume on an annuallized basis I will have just under 2% average weekly with 20 bad weeks.) Selling options skews the return on cash number and might not represent your exposure well enough. The name of the game is maximizing return while minimizing risk.

looking ahead 1 month (after today's PPI)

SMCI
1718303588052.png

NVDA
1718303616735.png

TSLA
1718303633504.png

1718303788439.png

1718303700613.png

You know your goals best, but it is generally healthy to keep a good percentage of your portfolio in stocks and the rest in cash. Allow yourself some long-term capital gains and stability, and use the stocks to margin against in a pinch. I'm at about 15% cash right now, and for my situation I would like to get that up to 20%.

I'm looking for about 3% per week on cash, but the way I prefer to look at it is return on capital-at-risk. (I assume on an annuallized basis I will have just under 2% average weekly with 20 bad weeks.) Selling options skews the return on cash number and might not represent your exposure well enough. The name of the game is maximizing return while minimizing risk.
I totally understand where you're coming from, but my situation is totally different from most in this thread, primarily because I'm in Belgium, where the tax regime it totally different from the USA, plus I trade in a company account. A main consideration is that losses on stock sales are non-deductible, whereas options trades are a simple sum of gains and losses over the year

Secondly I'm old - hit 58 last week, I don't have time for buying stocks and hoping they go up, and tbh I already did that with TSLA and made more money than I would ever have imagined possible (even though it's 1/3rd of where it was at ATH)

1% of my portfolio value weekly is a lot to money annually, I really don't need shares and certainly not the stress of watching my portfolio shrink when there's a correction

1% per week will give me over $25million by the time my wife retires - that includes paid taxes... why buy shares when I can do that?

Out of an abundance of caution (remember when that was the key phrase to skip going to the office during Covid?), I closed out my 100x -p170's for this week, should have done it earlier, but expected some kind pop that never really came

Probably 170's are safe, but the number of times I've said that only for the stock to gap up/down... just take the small hit, doesn't change much

Out of an abundance of caution (remember when that was the key phrase to skip going to the office during Covid?), I closed out my 100x -p170's for this week, should have done it earlier, but expected some kind pop that never really came

Probably 170's are safe, but the number of times I've said that only for the stock to gap up/down... just take the small hit, doesn't change much
We will know soon in less then 20 minutes.

All eyes and ears on Elon and Co. now.

Got some cheapo 1DTE going in. Let see how they turn out.

3% a week 🤯. I would like to see some of your trades to see what I am missing.