Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have a 197.5 for next week. I'll probably just let that go if it comes to that. A little cash never hurt anyone. I bought back the 187.5s for a loss of $190 each. If it keeps going up I'll sell CC's to recoup that loss. Is that considered rolling?
should be able to roll the -C197.5 weekly for credit if need be. And yes if you sell CCs to recoup the loss, it would be a "slow motion or 2-step roll" vs. doing it in one transaction.

I have a 197.5 for next week. I'll probably just let that go if it comes to that. A little cash never hurt anyone. I bought back the 187.5s for a loss of $190 each. If it keeps going up I'll sell CC's to recoup that loss. Is that considered rolling?
We’re not mooning, here, fundamentals and macro still apply. I’m probably going to sell those $200 or $205 for next week (although July looks much sweeter) if we get a further stretch up, but it seems that might already be over.. I want some premium, but as well I’m fine having it all taken.

Alright everyone, I just saved all your calls. I rolled my 185s to the monthly 7/19 200s for $2 credit. This all but ensures the stock will close at 179 this week. 😆

My kid's last day of school is today. I figured paying myself handsomely for a month break to enjoy myself wouldn't be a terrible idea.

@Max Plaid if you need a place to crash we're only a couple hours south of Montreal. :)

View attachment 1056195
Man that looks nice! But a bit too far for helping my boy into university, although once he's there he'll probably want me to get out of his face ASAP so he can start to make friends and have fun...

Reactions: phantasms
Decided to cut my risk on the -c182.50's and bought them back @$5.40 - which just happens to be net zero (less broker fees) as I'd also sold the 100x -p170 @$2.70 too

In the meantime STO 50x NVDA -p126 @$1.65 for next week - a little too soon it seems, but it's fine, still holding 50x Jan 2025 +p90's

For TSLA will look to resell higher strike if it pops back up

Yes, because Elon thinks looking at servers is cool. SpaceX's Mission Control data center is a similar example on a much smaller scale. He wanted something that said futuristic, and did not have people around him to stand up for just how bad of an idea it was.
Do you have a picture? The only SpaceX Mission Control I have seen is a glass cube in the Hawthorne factory with a bunch of desks with displays and a big display on the wall... which other than the displays being flat and there being less clutter looks like the arrangement of every Mission Control and Launch Control room I have seen dating back forever.

But that's not a "Mission Control data center" so....maybe I haven't seen what you are talking about.

probably safe, there is also gap fill below 185.75
View attachment 1056193
64-69% chance gap will be filled

1718290352437.png

1718290402175.png

1718290420413.png

Come on over the waters fine.

But, how many posts were there earlier in the week sayin’ friends don’t let friends play 3 sd events. ;-)
oh I closed my position yesterday :)
in general though, we don't always have a time and date, much less the catalyst. sometimes *sugar* just comes out in the middle of the day with no warning.
The Musk factor is too strong.

Decided to cut my risk on the -c182.50's and bought them back @$5.40 - which just happens to be net zero (less broker fees) as I'd also sold the 100x -p170 @$2.70 too

In the meantime STO 50x NVDA -p126 @$1.65 for next week - a little too soon it seems, but it's fine, still holding 50x Jan 2025 +p90's

For TSLA will look to resell higher strike if it pops back up
Since I’ve been rolling $187.50 buy-writes, that level is unlikely to be reached………..