Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I
While their maybe a few people dumb enough to buy an inferior car because they don't like the CEO of Tesla, and instead buy a car from companies that cheat on their emissions, their crash tests, or lobby to sell more ICE, and whose actions literally KILL people (you have to people a special kind of idiot to make that logic work), there are people who understand how special Elon is and what he has done for the world and humanity. Saw a lady driving this car the other day and I had to take a picture.

View attachment 1056189
I think brand loyalty is strong because if you change brand it means you have to accept you made an error in the past. So customers continue to buy the companies who have cheated on emissions and everything just not to face the fact they choose an inferior product for a higher price.

Reactions: BornToFly
i am appreciating more and more the beauty of the Wheel

11%+ large moves like today should be devastating, but i'm covered and get to play another round

no stress, no pressure, no loss 🙏

1718294357566.png

Last edited:

11%+ large moves like today should be devastating, but i'm covered and get to play another round

View attachment 1056235
What's the weekly return, on total capital?

I've started to differentiate from my portfolio value and cash value now, the only thing that matters is cash and I look to accurate+1% per week, but +2% seems to be fairly doable most of the time- this week being one of the difficult ones where I essentially sat to out, but still scraped $8k on NVDA puts, around 0.4%, better than a poke in the eye

I don't care where the 1% comes from, can be any ticker, any type of position, but I still favour TSLA as I know it and the IV is reasonable, and I prefer my calendar strangles as they're ultimate pretty low risk

I do will have >100x LEAPS, which I plan to roll to sell against, unless the stock moons, then I sell them off into cash and continue with shitcalls instead

Did you see the PPI numbers that came in this morning???

We’re looking at 2 cuts this year for sure

Strange. Didnt noticed that but saw SPY, NVDA, and AAPL deflated.

That should be good for TSLA.

View attachment 1056239
150K enough for the strategy with return of 2K per week Yoona.

SMCI stocks are expensive with the covered call.

Dog is poor.

Reactions: bopdit00
What's the weekly return, on total capital?

I've started to differentiate from my portfolio value and cash value now, the only thing that matters is cash and I look to accurate+1% per week, but +2% seems to be fairly doable most of the time- this week being one of the difficult ones where I essentially sat to out, but still scraped $8k on NVDA puts, around 0.4%, better than a poke in the eye

I don't care where the 1% comes from, can be any ticker, any type of position, but I still favour TSLA as I know it and the IV is reasonable, and I prefer my calendar strangles as they're ultimate pretty low risk

I do will have >100x LEAPS, which I plan to roll to sell against, unless the stock moons, then I sell them off into cash and continue with shitcalls instead
SMCI ATM B/W gives 3750 credit or 4.33% 8dte ROIC

that's just the -c, imagine pairing it with a -p for more credit

not only that: imagine using LEAPS instead of stock, significantly using less capital

1718294650927.png

1718294811392.png

1718295509665.png

Last edited:
not only that: imagine using LEAPS instead of stock, significantly using less capital
That's essentially what I'm doing with my TSLA +c200 LEAPS, selling calls against them, with the +c300 almost LEAPS as the safety-net for rolling

I've nearly go enough cash that I no longer need to buy +puts and can go full CSP for 100x weekly

As my cash grows and the 1% increases I need to either go slightly closer to the money, unless IV helps out or write a few contracts more...

I try to hit 2% for the rest of the year to cover the first 5 months

And the kicker is if I tag on an extra $5k each week, it's about what I get in the day job and I may as well stop working

But first I want to run this for 6-12 months and see if it gets consistent results, then I'll have the confidence to stop working

P.S. I'm not keen on buying shares, I still see too much risk there, better to stay in cash and work with LEAPs and shitcalls/puts, once I can offload the +c200 LEAPS for some profits, I will, in the meantime I keep them going

That's essentially what I'm doing with my TSLA +c200 LEAPS, selling calls against them, with the +c300 almost LEAPS as the safety-net for rolling

I've nearly go enough cash that I no longer need to buy +puts and can go full CSP for 100x weekly

As my cash grows and the 1% increases I need to either go slightly closer to the money, unless IV helps out or write a few contracts more...

I try to hit 2% for the rest of the year to cover the first 5 months

And the kicker is if I tag on an extra $5k each week, it's about what I get in the day job and I may as well stop working

But first I want to run this for 6-12 months and see if it gets consistent results, then I'll have the confidence to stop working

P.S. I'm not keen on buying shares, I still see too much risk there, better to stay in cash and work with LEAPs and shitcalls/puts, once I can offload the +c200 LEAPS for some profits, I will, in the meantime I keep them going
Would NVDA be primed more for these strategy?

It's 1/10 of the previous values so LEAP are cheaper and you can wield a much bigger stick.......
Also NVDA is a lot more stable then TSLA and SMCI IMO, at least for now during the uptrend.

I was talking to a patient yesterday who saw my Tesla in the parking lot and asked me questions about supercharging and how it worked, he is planning to buy an Audi Q6 étron because he doesn’t like Elon.
I am wondering how many buyers were pushed back by all that drama. Must be significant.
saw a new EQS in the parking lot with out of state plates, and being in an area with few CCS chargers I asked the owner how he got here. He ended up being local and said his wife and son over-ruled him on getting a Tesla and he got a great deal and traveled out of state to get it. I didn't tell him he should have over-ruled them and I'm sure he now regrets it.

Strange. Didnt noticed that but saw SPY, NVDA, and AAPL deflated.

That should be good for TSLA.

150K enough for the strategy with return of 2K per week Yoona.

SMCI stocks are expensive with the covered call.

Dog is poor.
Damn I could live on that. I could probably live on less $700 a week. Sign me up!

What’s the risk?

Reactions: Paul_SF
saw a new EQS in the parking lot with out of state plates, and being in an area with few CCS chargers I asked the owner how he got here. He ended up being local and said his wife and son over-ruled him on getting a Tesla and he got a great deal and traveled out of state to get it. I didn't tell him he should have over-ruled them and I'm sure he now regrets it.
I loved my TSLA. Sometimes though I got mad since it's missing 360 cam and didnt beep when I backup into a trashcan ;)

Reactions: GatorMeat
While their maybe a few people dumb enough to buy an inferior car because they don't like the CEO of Tesla, and instead buy a car from companies that cheat on their emissions, their crash tests, or lobby to sell more ICE, and whose actions literally KILL people (you have to people a special kind of idiot to make that logic work), there are people who understand how special Elon is and what he has done for the world and humanity. Saw a lady driving this car the other day and I had to take a picture.

View attachment 1056189
I got rid of my 'Elon' plate a few years ago. She's brave

• Funny
Reactions: BornToFly
For the later stages of your Wheel strategy, would you repeat the "Stage 3 - selling 2x calls" for a while until the SP is truly much lower than breakeven? Do you have a rule of thumb for when the Stock Repair would be a better option than selling 2x CC again?
you can actually repeat stages 1-3 (ie keep rolling for credit), there's no rule that says you have to "go from 1 to 2 right away"

stock repair is optional and doesn't work if position gets too ITM (ie credit of 2x -c is not enough to pay for 1x +c)

Do you have a picture? The only SpaceX Mission Control I have seen is a glass cube in the Hawthorne factory with a bunch of desks with displays and a big display on the wall... which other than the displays being flat and there being less clutter looks like the arrangement of every Mission Control and Launch Control room I have seen dating back forever.

But that's not a "Mission Control data center" so....maybe I haven't seen what you are talking about.
No photos (NDA), but from the main lobby you go through a main corridor to the assembly area and missioin control; before you get to the assembly area on the right are two glorified computer rooms with windows to the corridor so guests can see how "advanced" SpaceX is. At least they have moved up from laptops in mission control. It's been a while, not sure if things have been reconfigured.

I missed selling CCs at 190 this morning. Wanted to sell but not sure what else we will find out tonight. Hopefully tomorrow will have another nice bounce so I can sell CCs. Anyone else thinking 200+ will be a hard nut to crack next week?

I too may look into moving some to NVDA for my 'trading' allocation. The stock split makes it a lot easier to manage.