Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd swear someone is flipping in/out of TSLA/NVDA, when one has a big green candle, the other os often red... 🤷‍♂️
tsla is the 3rd top-performing S&P stock in terms of volume

translation: bullish

1719426830557.png

Massive call selling around here:

$286M
$115M

1719430794651.png

How to read "Contract Trade Statistics"

First line
Red dominates=Bearish
Green dominates=Bullish

Second line
Red dominates=Bearish
Green dominates=Bullish

Third line
Ignore (don't know if buy or sell)

Fourth line
Green dominates=Bearish
Red dominates=Bullish

Fifth line
Green dominates=Bearish
Red dominates=Bullish

@MikeC @Max Plaid I have 15x -P300 6/18/26 that are about $2-3 dollars away from where I sold them (sold for $115.75, now $118.50, the closest it's been in a looong time). I'm thinking to buy back some--or all--with the intention to sell them again on any retrace down, the lower the better.

But I'm concerned the rally can continue given TSLA has taken out 191 and 194 and seems to be holding. The higher TSLA goes, the cheaper the puts are to buy back. Originally they were sold to save the 9/20/24 -P220's that were getting close to '0' extrinsic @ $140's. It was a rolldown and out thing.

Any thoughts?

I know TSLA hasn't been able to hold its gains lately, but...maybe....this....time...is....
I've no answer for you really as I don't get why TSLA is up, maybe it's call-buying in advance of P&D that making it move

I made a similar move when the SP was 187, bought back 45x Dec 2025 -p190 for a reasonable profit and sold 37x -c190 for the same amount, my thought process being to do the opposite when the stock drops, with 177 being the pivot point, but yeah, it went the other way

The +c190's are covered by Dec 2025 +c200's the I plan to roll out to 2027 once the chain opens up, then I have the possibility to roll them up and out, above the long calls

It's a 50/50 I would say

You could always move them out to fewer contracts if you're unsure, or out to a lower strike

Or buy back half...?

I think there will be some 8/8 FOMO, so repositioned and sold 2 Aug 14th 185 PUTS for ~ $9 each
we just need a neutral P&D read ~ 420K ... Troy has been upping his numbers lately ;)

CC monies, so shares assigned are OK
Yeah, flipping this week's ITM -c187.50's to puts might be the best move, don't know yet... just straddling at 187.50 and reducing the calls gradually is also a nice option, which works well when you get a pull-back

But seeing the AH action, tomorrow might be a different story, maybe...

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Max Plaid