Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@tivoboy - is that you?
Nope, just long ~ $8.9 avg. Was going to add yesterday with the upgrades and some insight I have into R2 development, but not so much now. Would have liked to see either -cc danger or eurphoria this morning, to sell some close in $20 calls but it appears that calmer minds have prevailed..

Now, what strike for TSLA to sell for Aug/Sept.. ~ $210, not enough premium there. We’re ahead of ourselves and most likely ahead of P&D reality, and I doubt there’s another rabbit.

So TSLA back to be a Car Company Now?

1719413436981.png

1719413455927.png

I was not expecting this. My 205CCs for Friday were pretty profitable at the end of the day yesterday, and now they are actually Red....

Yup same here. I have some 185, 187.5 and bunch of 190+ CCs that are all red now. I'm going to let the most of them get called away as they are trading shares. I haven't sold puts for many months now so waiting for them to flip to cash.

Like @Max Plaid said why worry about the share price growth if the ROI on the options selling are more than enough. Love that new outlook.

Yup same here. I have some 185, 187.5 and bunch of 190+ CCs that are all red now. I'm going to let the most of them get called away as they are trading shares. I haven't sold puts for many months now so waiting for them to flip to cash.

Like @Max Plaid said why worry about the share price growth if the ROI on the options selling are more than enough. Love that new outlook.
Yeah, except this week the TSLA -c187.50's getting hammered while the NVDA -p125's wilt in the summer sun... the TSLA -p177.50 look good though!

Let's see what happens tomorrow, this irrational price-action on the back of Rivian/VW deal could easily reverse tomorrow, annoying, but it is what it is, that's the game we play

Maybe I scrape out of the week break-even, have taken 2-3% almost every week since end of April, so has been a good run!

Already thinking what to do if I want to roll, as of now 100x TSLA -187.50 rolls nicely to 50x -187.50 straddle, which obviously introduces risk on the downside, but halves the risk in general, plus I still have 200x +p150's to utilise, so why not?

At least that was a nice roll when I started typing the post, now TSLA pops again, total nonsense!

Yeah, except this week the TSLA -c187.50's getting hammered while the NVDA -p125's wilt in the summer sun... the TSLA -p177.50 look good though!

Let's see what happens tomorrow, this irrational price-action on the back of Rivian/VW deal could easily reverse tomorrow, annoying, but it is what it is, that's the game we play

Maybe I scrape out of the week break-even, have taken 2-3% almost every week since end of April, so has been a good run!

Already thinking what to do if I want to roll, as of now 100x TSLA -187.50 rolls nicely to 50x -187.50 straddle, which obviously introduces risk on the downside, but halves the risk in general, plus I still have 200x +p150's to utilise, so why not?

At least that was a nice roll when I started typing the post, now TSLA pops again, total nonsense!
See a lots of posting on this forum lately on how analysts are expecting some "decent" PD numbers or TSLA being more then a Car Companies affecting the grid, RT, etc......

Not sure if we are being setup for a big ass rug pull like last December.
But it seem everyone and their moms are going Long and that great post from BMD00.....

Do not yet see any substance to this pump....so going to thread carefully.

Dog dont want to be roadkill being run over forward or reverse ;)

See a lots of posting on this forum lately on how analysts are expecting some "decent" PD numbers or TSLA being more then a Car Companies affecting the grid, RT, etc......

But it seem everyone and their moms are going Long and that great post from BMD00.....

I agree, I see a lot of analyst pumping for the moment, MS with a note every other day, some new ones coming with a $265 PT... and a lot of dampening of expectations of P&D down from 455 to 420's now -> for me that's still a huge miss given Musk's guidance for the year, but there you go, as @StarFoxisDown! says, maybe 2024 is a write-off and fundamentals just don't matter any more...

Really comes down to the P/D print on Tuesday. I think if the number is 420k or higher and/or Energy comes in strong, TSLA goes into FOMO rally mode to 250-260 before the rug pull happens. Likely the Robotaxi event. Everyone will hype up the Robotaxi event as the reason for the FOMO rally and then afterwards be like "Gee this is kinda far down the road, back to fundamentals"
I agree, I see a lot of analyst pumping for the moment, MS with a note every other day, some new ones coming with a $265 PT... and a lot of dampening of expectations of P&D down from 455 to 420's now -> for me that's still a huge miss given Musk's guidance for the year, but there you go, as @StarFoxisDown! says, maybe 2024 is a write-off and fundamentals just don't matter any more...

Fundamentals won't matter until the stock has FOMO rallied enough to where the trading range is decent and the premiums/volatility is nice and juicy (premiums are still in the gutter even after this run to 195)...then Wall St will pivot and cry from the heavens how overvalued TSLA is based on fundamentals and the rug pull begins ;)

@dl003 Today we get to test the theory/effect of "too many eyes" on a pump for chances for a decent run. Everyone everywhere, including on socials talking about TSLA being ready finally launch to $200-$210.

Logic says wait for Tuesday P&D but maybe they want to front run. Going to be an interesting few days.

I'm out of near-term CC's and watching.
I am guessing Deliveries will still be under 415k; the only real upside I see is if production is significantly lower than that, maybe 370k.

But I am not sure how material that is to sentiment. Analysts have essentially written off 2024 now, so anything resembling growth in Q3/4 might be enough for the pump.

• Informative
Reactions: Jim Holder
Everytime this year stochastic has been this high, we had a Red candle the next day.

View attachment 1059972
Might go red today given that this is all based on nothing 🤪

But for sure, I'm not panicking as of now, wait and see. My only issue is that I have to be physically in the office tomorrow, so will make trading tricky, and Friday afternoon I travel to a music festival in Holland, so if I still need to roll stuff will have to find a (relatively sober) gap between the bands 😱

Anyone else using Fidelity? They changed the iPhone app and seem to have destroyed it. I can’t trade options and have to use the pc. I can’t roll a trade, start a new trade and no way to get the old interface back.
Click on Profile - go-to Setting - General Lay-out - and change Navigation to classis

There other customization under the layout section.

Might go red today given that this is all based on nothing 🤪

But for sure, I'm not panicking as of now, wait and see. My only issue is that I have to be physically in the office tomorrow, so will make trading tricky, and Friday afternoon I travel to a music festival in Holland, so if I still need to roll stuff will have to find a (relatively sober) gap between the bands 😱
it's based on Shorts wet dreams ... the VW Tesla Killers need software from RIVN ;)

@dl003 Today we get to test the theory/effect of "too many eyes" on a pump for chances for a decent run. Everyone everywhere, including on socials talking about TSLA being ready finally launch to $200-$210.

Logic says wait for Tuesday P&D but maybe they want to front run. Going to be an interesting few days.

I'm out of near-term CC's and watching.

If we see $198-$200 area I might look to sell -C210 7/19 for ~$6.00, counting on $200 not being passed with a daily close the first attempt, and expecting a retrace back at least to the breakout point $187 area after the first try (though I think you once said sometimes we don't revisit if it's a breakout?)

View attachment 1059914

The "too many eyes" on a pump test in progress...

@dl003 @bmd00 What do you make of this rally, where can it stall out or can it keep going?

GEX showing little dealer resistance to hop over $200:

1719422131351.png