Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think that's been precisely the goal since early January. Retail is getting way too involved in options selling, and Citadel doesn't like it.

I think half the reason for the insanely illogical post-4Q drop from 1200 to 850 was to shake you kind folks out of the marketplace. The further dip(s) is just hedgies piling on for their own various benefit.

Real earnings are coming now. Not much these clowns can do when Elon's printing insane numbers every quarter.

I agree. The thing is, we know this works. This week was the week the can was done being kicked down the road and ugh, it was brutal.

The past two months have been gut wretching and I really wished I would have kicked stuff out another month to April, I think that would have saved some of my trades that went bad.

Moving forward I will be taking around half of the income I generate and buying stock with it.

Another bad thing I did was convert some stuff to calls in Dec when we were way over sold. Those DITM calls expired today and most of them were ATM and slightly OTM. Of course I sold them Tuesday and Wednesday trying to salvage a little from them. The 800’s are the ones that hurt the most. Sold them for 17.50. But Tuesday morning was looking awful.

I think I should be close to where I was early December by the end of this year.

I've also stopped selling spreads. All I have open now are covered calls (covered by shares) and naked puts. Puts are around 50% cash covered, rest with margin.

Makes rolling a breeze.

And I worry Putin might go nuts enough to drop a tactical nuke. That would cause a big fear reaction from the market. I don't think it's likely, but I do think that it has higher than zero chance.

I’m also concerned about Elon’s Master Plan part 3. I know it’s going to be fantastic, however I personally feel it will be heavily weighted toward AI and the robot. This, I don’t think the market will understand and could potentially give us another Q1 Earnings reaction.

Been at work work so less trading and monitoring this forum.
Anyways I closed out all BPS Wednesday morning with just over 70%. Being extremely careful with strikes and quantity. Would rather make less then worry or take a loss.

Keeping true to my rule of selling BPS on strength (down days) I have nothing open since last few days been ups. No income, no problem as my long shares got nice recovery.

No CCs either as risk reward isn’t there for me.

What a crazy week... Like most, I expected a pull-back on the interest rate rise, and most days the Futures and Pre-Market numbers pointed in that direction, even early Main Market was mostly down, then BOOM! Every. Single. Day.

So I'm caught with AAPL -c155's, GOOGL -c2650's & TSLA -c850's

At least the underlying LEAPS go up in value to compensate... from here I'll just roll up and out, I struggle to see a recovery given the way things are right now, and I fear to sell puts in case we dump down fast again

Very risky time to be trading with these massive swings

Last edited:
At last the underlying LEAPS go up I value to compensate... from here I'll just roll up and out, I struggle to see a recovery given the ay things are right now, and I fear to sell puts in case we dump down fast again

Very risky time to be trading IMO
I BOUGHT some 850 puts before close. Just small, just a hedge, but i got my butt ripped open too many times over the weekend. Last time was Putin starting a war 😅.
Will sell at the open if nothing happens and take the few k losses.

I still have some rolled -970c for next week, but the underlying +900c also expiring next week causes this to form a bull call spread that is hopefully printing big in this environment.

How did I end up with that? 1 month ago I bought the 900c, then sold 900c weeklies against it every week. When I saw that we might beach 900 on Friday I rolled up and out for minimal credit and ended on 970.

I paid ~20 for the 900c's, sold ~15 in -900c's over time and now have 900c @~30, -970c@~-4, originally rolled from -1.
Max loss (<900 on Friday): ~5, max gain (>970): ~65 all combined. Needles to say I like the odds.

I tried something similar buying some March 18 c850's and selling weeklies against them, hard to work-out if that got my anywhere as I was selling against my other LEAPs too, but I got the impression it wasn't a great strategy - even worse I sold them way too soon this week - another casualty of the crazy markets

Are we going to have 12 straight green days?

Back into catch up mode on CC, going to be more patient this time (currently have $850 and $895 for 3/25). The last two weeks of trading have proven to me the advantages of rolling before getting very far ITM — better strike improvements and credit potential when OTM up to $5 ITM, after that it’s mostly just getting a delay. That means making moves Tue/Wed this week after market digests Monday’s action (whatever that will be).

Back into catch up mode on CC, going to be more patient this time (currently have $850 and $895 for 3/25). The last two weeks of trading have proven to me the advantages of rolling before getting very far ITM — better strike improvements and credit potential when OTM up to $5 ITM, after that it’s mostly just getting a delay. That means making moves Tue/Wed this week after market digests Monday’s action (whatever that will be).
I’m still hesitating to roll CCs as soon ah they get ITM or wait on Friday near close.

For my underwater puts it’s easy I rolled them to July so I just wait they get above 1050nand close them break even and open new one

I’m still hesitating to roll CCs as soon ah they get ITM or wait on Friday near close.

For my underwater puts it’s easy I rolled them to July so I just wait they get above 1050nand close them break even and open new one

Long-term rolls for CC may be more called for if we’re in an updraft, I just hesitate to do that hoping for momentary reversals to let me exit, and to try to avoid prolonged periods of no/low income. I bought extra shares $975-$1075 to increase number of contracts covered and uncovered, and plan to let those go at $1200, so I’ll just keep rolling up to that point, if needed. Guess I’ll look further out at $1200 to see if that’s attractive for the next roll.

Will be a very interesting week for my 3/25 -935CC I guess... I'd rather close OTM on Friday than roll, Tuesday/Wednesday are going to be telling. Kinda hoping for a sell the news this week to reposition.

Our friend MaxPain seems to think we will close @ 845 on Friday... I don't trust that one at all. Looking at the max pain volume chart it looks like 920, 950 and then 1000 are the battlegrounds based on today's data. Will be interesting to watch how that pans out the rest of the week...

1647870857956.png

Last edited:
Last week I rolled 800 to this week 815, looking for the buy back wiggle room. Now that these are left in the dust cloud of this strong upward momentum, protecting with a far out expiration and higher strike is next stop. The problem is whether we'll see a slight pullback to improve roll pricing. Being so DITM, going to give it a day or two before I make a strong commit on next strike and expiry.