Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like MMs are shooting for 700+epsilon closing for tomorrow.
I did manage some small day-trades buying calls when below 700, selling them and buying puts when we were around 710, then selling those as we went down again. Don't know how many more such waves we will have until tomorrow close, but I am willing to keep playing this game... ;)

I just rolled my -680p's out to next week -650p for a $1 credit. As much as I would have loved to finally get rid of these and reset after 8 weeks, I just don't have confidence we close above $660 today.

Originally opened as -770s when we were at $940, here are all the weekly rolls I have done in this position:

Finally closed these out today after 9 weeks. I'm glad I didn't give up and take a loss. These survived a 35% drop at one point, so I feel if that can be managed, most situations can be managed with proactive rolling and patience, I do realize there could be a case made for taking the loss and freeing up the capital for other trades, but that's not really my style.

Now all I have left from 8-9 weeks ago is a single -735p (converted from a BPS by selling the long put). I might get lucky on a pop tomorrow and close it, if not another roll.

I love how specific your Friday target is. I don't have the guts (anymore).

Well, looks like the interest is dead center. I did sneak in a 675 CSP , the 755 CC hanging off a buy write is looking good as well. GLTA tomorrow.... my account doesn't let me write anything on expiry day - thankfully !

TSLA-TotalGamma-23Jun2022.png

me also, but 680
good luck to us!

View attachment 820196
Opened multiple BPS positions today for 6/24 with highest short put at 650. Incredible we have these 1 DTE opportunities.
This was partly fueled by FOMO by having missed a STO yesterday on 6/24 760C at the height for $11 (my limit at $12). This was 80% profit yesterday and probably 99% today.
You guys are brave. I won't do 1 DTE now if it isn't 10% OTM. Almost got burned really bad a couple times already.

Closed most of my positions today. Have a Hawaii trip planned next week so likely won’t be opening anything significant. Thought about opening some BPS with todays drop but not sure if I can closed them out by Wednesday if prices drop to mid 600.

Miss profits or worry about the position on a vacation is the debate.

What worries me most is driving an ICE minivan with gasoline this high 😂. If all the complaints are true then I better collect lots of options premiums.

You guys are brave. I won't do 1 DTE now if it isn't 10% OTM. Almost got burned really bad a couple times already.
thanks... no panic for now, i have a dynamic 40% Trailing Stop (ie ~60% of my biggest/latest profit is locked in)

if the latest contract market price rises by at least 40% at any given time (ie bad macros tomorrow), it is automatic BTC (and 60% is realized gain)

if the latest contract price market falls (sp is 🚀), the Stop Order follows/adjusts to that contract price as a new base (locked-in profit will never get smaller)

based on 0.19 delta and 3.35 price, i think the only party pooper to this protection plan is a ~7 pre-market drop from today's Close 🤞🙏 (i will re-evaluate the stop order just before 930 to check if it is a head fake or MaxPain changed, or just roll to next week if i am lazy)

does anyone know where to download tsla maxpain historical data?
TIA!
At IBKR i can download historical open interest for future expirations if that helps.. but not for past ones..

Stock Option Max Pain has brief historical data on a few expirations (last 10 or so) but you would have to write a script to crawl all strikes & do the max-pain-calculations yourself.

If you find it a free site somewhere with more i can write a quick script to download & postprocess things.

Reactions: Yoona
Made enough trading today to buy two shares 🥳 Would have been a bit more but I had to deal with a crisis - my son lost the remote 😩 (I found it)

Example trades:
650/580 $2.35 -> $2.12
760/800 $2.30 -> $1.24

Heeding the warnings about early assignments I finished rolling everything out to August-December expirations.

Today:
7/15 970/680 -> 8/19 960/600, netting twenty dollars. (~break even)

Yesterday:
2x 7/15 1050/800 -> 9/16 1040/730 ($2.68 credit)

Cheers -

Same with me - I won’t do it unless I see a 3-5% move around the open and then I’m going 5%+ OTM. I’m not trading unless we get big directional spikes and then I’m looking to close early when IV drops. Way too many 10% move days lately.