Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems no one is talking about the 4.3 billion purchase of investments?
View attachment 899784
this is from Q1 2021 when they put 2021 in Bitcoin. So 4x bigger investment and no one is talking about it...

1674681745946.png

Too early to say for sure with call upcoming.

Agree and path of least resistance is still up purely from a market perspective. Every attempt this week to drop the stock has been bought up so I'm not expecting any big drops. It remains to be seen how analysts adjust their price targets for the 37% growth guidance for 2023.

I'm not sure if there any commentary on 2023 margins but I assume that topic alone will cause volatility in the stock during the call and of course any Elon sound bites lol.

Reactions: Cherry Wine
Agree and path of least resistance is still up purely from a market perspective. Every attempt this week to drop the stock has been bought up so I'm not expecting any big drops. It remains to be seen how analysts adjust their price targets for the 37% growth guidance for 2023.

I'm not sure if there any commentary on 2023 margins but I assume that topic alone will cause volatility in the stock during the call and of course any Elon sound bites lol.
37% auto volume growth. If energy grows 200%, they could still grow about 45%. We'll see how guidance comes out.

Reactions: Jim Holder
Well, I thought those were great financials for options, not too hot, not too cold, just right. Oops, but then I saw that SP jump at 6pm.

I’m not sure if any of these are safe, but I did quite a bit of adjusting today in various accounts, actually even a bit of timing, though not perfect. BTC during MMD, the STO later in the day during the run up.

BTC -c160s at $0.96
BTC -c165s at $0.63
BTC -c140s at $5.90
STO -c146s at $4.75
STO -c150s at $3.20
STO -c142s at $4.85
BTC -p140s at $3.75
STO -p145s at $5.95

Could use some not-advice.

I'm sitting on -c148s and -c155s expiring 2/10 (not this Friday). Looking at after hours trading, the 148s could be ITM tomorrow morning and 155s could be getting close. I would very much prefer to roll and not lose these shares (at least not at these strike prices).

Roll immediately tomorrow morning, perhaps during the typical MM drop? Watch and wait to see what happens the rest of the week? Wait for theta loss next week and hope the SP doesn't start running away from me? What are those of you in similar situation thinking?

And may I add, I am so thrilled to be considering rolling CCs!!!

Could use some not-advice.

I'm sitting on -c148s and -c155s expiring 2/10 (not this Friday). Looking at after hours trading, the 148s could be ITM tomorrow morning and 155s could be getting close. I would very much prefer to roll and not lose these shares (at least not at these strike prices).

Roll immediately tomorrow morning, perhaps during the typical MM drop? Watch and wait to see what happens the rest of the week? Wait for theta loss next week and hope the SP doesn't start running away from me? What are those of you in similar situation thinking?

And may I add, I am so thrilled to be considering rolling CCs!!!
153 is a key level now. If it stays above that level for atleast one hourly candle and/or closes above that on a daily basis you might want to think about rolling.

In general 50 day SMA is key to flipping a stock from bearish to bullish for the near to medium term. Not advice.