Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ARK funds sold some TSLA yesterday....

Yep - I also saw a chart that showed a net retail outflow this month from TSLA of about $480M - but that was offset by a net Institutional inflow of over $1.5B in the past 2 weeks (someone always knows)

In anticipation of the normal course of business - which is today to hover somewhere near max pain and then a big bounce on Monday or Tuesday -
I am opening some Collars -
STO $195P
BTO $200C
for a $3.50 net credit each

Will look to offload on Monday / Tuesday when we hover around $200 for an additional $4-5 gain per contract.... again.

Have done this the past 6 weeks. Not advice.

lol - got $4 each for these but switched to the $200C's - just executed

Last edited:
BTC 20x -c187.5 @$2.9 (+30c profit) & 14x -c200 @10c (+$2.5 profit) -> I consider this a good result given those 187's were dITM only yesterday...

20x -p190 still open, highly likely they go OTM for the close, will see. I'm out this evening at a concert, so not possible to sit and stare at the ticker all day, a nice pop here would be helpful...

Last edited:
My bet is down.
agree, I'm all out on 192.04 and the other half 189.50 both still with profit. Still looking for 140, but if any major bank(s) see(s) problems (heard about the bigger German bank (DB, what I don't believe to be caused by HTM-issues fundamentally because of European restrictions, but there is some kind of a trouble, seeing the descent of the past months, that looks Credit-suisse-ish)) an even BofA.., than 140 for Tesla can be just around the corner an even my -p95 could go rogue (no problem with that, because I got 13.57 premium on that one and 80 looks impossible (so that could even happen)
Glad to be on cash and some -C195 and -C220 for next week. This could end up in me holding more shares than ever after a burn. Looking for some other -C targets like NVDA RIVN GM NFLX .
Let us not forget that a car-loan-crisis can be imminent if and when Big Auto has to get rid of ICE inventory, starting in China (because of environmental issues stopping the ability to sell a lot of models from first of july) rolling over to USA, because of EV's getting cheaper, starting a dump of 2nd hand cars, lowering collateral on loans, repo's rolling in, further dumping used car prices, newer loans at higher interest, creating a series of credit defaults, that is the real new banking crisis (on top of mortgage-issues like 2008). We have seen this before and yes IT IS DIFFERENT (Namely even Worse!!!!!)
What is the good news? I don't see it, except for Tesla possibly being much safer because of lots of good Tesla-news to come, fundamentally. Not sure if the good news can anyhow help $TSLA in a broader crash, but I rather search other stocks to short. Maybe ChatGPT can help to pick the best ones.
Query: Given a new crash looking like 2008, what companies now are most likely to go bankrupt, based on their balance and outlook, interest holding current level for a year. No Answer, short: "do not have access to real-time financial data, nor can I predict market trends or future economic events"

Last edited:
Not sure any of you use this website ... but it has an interesting historical seasonality by month, day & hour. Thursdays and Fridays are apparently days Tesla doesn't end up green the most (though not by a lot 48% on Thursday vs 53% on Monday). So, statistically better to sell calls on Monday and puts on Friday :) Those who try to time the trades can also make use of thehourly seasonality.

1679680880902.png

BTW, this is from this youtube channel. Interestingly enough, the person made the same pop and drop prediction as @dl003 ;)

Not sure any of you use this website ... but it has an interesting historical seasonality by month, day & hour. Thursdays and Fridays are apparently days Tesla doesn't end up green the most (though not by a lot 48% on Thursday vs 53% on Monday). So, statistically better to sell calls on Monday and puts on Friday :) Those who try to time the trades can also make use of thehourly seasonality.

View attachment 920956

BTW, this is from this youtube channel. Interestingly enough, the person made the same pop and drop prediction as @dl003 ;)

I find this YouTuber to be very informative

I closed the BCS side of the IC this morning for .03, had sold it for .65 , thrilled. The BPS side is expiring naturally, sold that at 1.00 past Friday. Each were only $5 wide, going lite on margin to boot.

Based on last nights option gamma and OI figures, the range seems to be 170-210. It's a broad guess as is an early look, I'm sure Monday morning print of OI alone will change this some. Unlike past Friday where I was able to open a nice BPS, premiums weren't so good today, so I decided to wait for Monday Tuesday to see where we land, sell each side into strength. Ideally an opportunity will show up to sell just outside the range ends.

TSLA-TotalGamma-31Mar2023-b.png

What a boring chop day for TSLA and anti-climactic close for the week. Here’s hoping we start to build next week towards $205–$210 and SPY/QQQ don’t take a dump before P&D and drag us with them.

I’m loaded with OTM -Cs ($243-$360 ranging June through Sept) and ready for any drop to $160’s or lower as everyone has been predicting, to BTC for gains.

Meanwhile a last run to $210 next week into P&D the following Monday would be welcome to add more -C and release some trapped shares at $210-215 area to free up cash to rebuy on retracement down.

Note: the following week markets are closed on Friday April 7, so options expire on that Thursday April 6. I assume the dump will come on April 4 if P&D is released April 3 (Monday).

Does anyone here know/remember if we always dump after production and delivery numbers are released?

Closed at 190.41 … how surprising given max pain was 190.

Whare do you guys think we’ll be end of next week ? I still feel there will be some drive up for P&D. Ofcourse what happens after P&D is anyone’s guess. The delivery news has been generally good.

I’m no expert but from everything I’ve heard and read, sounds like we build to $205–210 next week and it’s anyone’s guess what happens after.

The fact that we are still above 187 is helpful to the bullish thesis.

Reactions: dc_h
You're welcome! At least my 140 calls are happy.
Wow, seemed like a wild ride, but the 5 day chart doesn't look too exciting. I BTC my 210 CC's for a small profit and rode the rest out, closing my 190 CC's for .25 on an open order a few minutes before the close. On Wednesday I thought we might keep running up to 210.
I was going to sell 205 CC's for next week, but want to see what happens on Monday. Tesla deliveries appear to be on the high end of estimates (see Troy Teslike on Patreon) and that may start to show up in some bullishness, in the absence of banking and other macros.
If we get a rally next week, I may convert my long calls to shares for now. I think there is as good a chance we do drop to 145 as we fly up to 260 and I'd like to lower my stress levels. There is a lot of bullish news coming up, but bad news keeps trumping the rest.
Investment grade barely budged the stock: March 20th
Delivery news may have some impact: April 3rd
Earnings should be positive: April 19th

Reactions: Jim Holder
So $TSLA closed just above $190, shocking, who woulda thunk it?! 🤪

Weird week, with the impulse -c187.50's I sold on Monday, was staring a potential net loss until yesterday when price action delivered exactly what I was looking for, first with the calls and then with the puts

STO 20x -p190 & -c200 for next week

March has been very profitable with such predictable price movements

Oh yeah, closed out those $SQ -p50's for a nice little bonus too