Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Closed yesterday’s 2DTE ICs +p155/-p175/-c220/+c240
Not a huge gain, but still 1-2% yield for the week. It was a FOMC IV crush play that worked very well and could have just left them to expire tomorrow. Instead, re-entered at a tighter 1DTE ICs +p175/-p185/-c205/+c215 for about 4% yield. Also sold a few 1DTE -c205s just to scrap off some more premiums. Hopefully, not too close. I put in $0.02 GTC close orders on the short legs just in case there are big oscillations tomorrow. Still plenty of cash available for buybacks and/or rolls, if needed. Contemplating another buy-write in one account (need another 60 shares), but will wait until tomorrow to see if there’s another punch down attack.

This is my attempt to reduce risk, stay 2DTE or less, and accept lower premiums. I don’t need to be so aggressive and clearing $1-2k/wk is enough for my modest living. Looking at today’s big trades, there are some big bets for a SP spike by April 6th: +c210s and +c205/-c210. Could be the type of bets that Wicked Stocks advocated. Interesting.

04AAF82C-EEB0-4EB7-8028-44683C01A894.jpeg

Glad I bought back those p190s yesterday. But I don’t expect a big drop, maybe a few more points. So I’ve put in an order to STO 10 x p175 for next week at $2.50.

After looking more closely at the TSLA and Nasdaq charts I’ve pulled my order. Those charts don’t look great with TSLA having a double top at 201 and both TSLA and Nasdaq almost falling out of the upward trend line they started two weeks ago.

I actually think the market will squeeze up one last time to snuff out all the last remaining bears, then it'll descend to hell from 404-406. If this plays out, it means the gap was tested today and TSLA passed the test, for now...

2022 SPY vs 2023 SPY. You can almost see what's going to happen next based on what's just happened. Once we reach 404-406 in SPY, we'll reach peak squeeze and something big is going to happen. My bet is down.
1679605385367.png

Last edited:
I actually think the market will squeeze up one last time to snuff out all the last remaining bears, then it'll descend to hell from 404-406. If this plays out, it means the gap was tested today and TSLA passed the test, for now...

2022 SPY vs 2023 SPY. You can almost see what's going to happen next based on what's just happened. Once we reach 405-406 in SPY, we'll reach peak squeeze and something big is going to happen. My bet is down.
View attachment 920658

Your 187 dip projection played out well today! Can you share any TSLA positions you currently have going into 3/31-4/7?

Premiums 20% OTM aren't great for next Friday yet. I'm going to see if we get a nice pop tomorrow. IF not, I will wait until Monday or Tuesday to open CCs. I feel like there should be a run up into P&D weekend, but maybe the market doesn't know better....
I would wait until next week to sell CCs for 3/31. CSPs are probably ok to sell tomorrow. Since it’s a month end, I expect a small amount of payroll 401(k) retirement buying to contribute to the SP. I’m expecting the SP to end near $192.50, halfway between the (current) small put and larger call walls. Could change overnight, but not by much.
-c202.5 safe tomorrow? If so, this week's IC is a win. -p167.5 not worried about at all.
I sure hope so for mine as well. Probably best to close out before afternoon, as we have seen buying into the close in the past. Definitely 190-200 in play tomorrow.

Massive call buying for 3/31 & 4/06 ($200-$220) so something good is expected. I will probably buy some calls tomorrow as well (against my better judgment, because it only works 10% of the time for me).

EDIT: Don’t forget that 3/31 is EOQ and any mutual fund that wasn’t able to buy junk bond companies, and who now can and wants to show TSLA on their balance sheet, needs to buy in buy next Friday.

Last edited by a moderator:
EDIT: Don’t forget that 3/31 is EOQ and any mutual fund that wasn’t able to buy junk bond companies, and who now can and wants to show TSLA on their balance sheet, needs to buy in buy next Friday.

People keep mentioning this idea, but I've yet to see any evidence this is actually a thing.

There's sometimes restrictions on buying DEBT based on these ratings (so company issued bonds for example)- I've yet to see any funds rules say they can't buy SHARES of such companies.

Someone else mentioned this in the main investor thread asking if anyone had evidence there was such a rule for any fund and nobody had anything there... does anyone here?