Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thank

Thank you so much for the detailed explanation! As of now, you think we could bounce up to 190 before falling to 160 by the end of next week (4/14) and then bounce again going in to ER on 4/19 and then most likely go down again to 146 ish unless there is any surprising good news that can turn around the stock? Did I understand correctly? How low do you think the stock might go tomorrow? I sold some 185 puts that I need to roll.
I’m not certain about the going down to 146 after ER part. We are looking at a classic flat correction still - shallow by nature. the bottom should be contained within the downward channel which, when taken in conjunction with the time limit, doesnt allow much downside below 160. However, SPY is also in a dire state. Im still trying to reconcile between their charts. SPY is about to begin a nasty downtrend but for some reason, TSLA is already halfway to the bottom? Something is not right here.

According to my (grey) downward channel there is an even much lower bottom possible (but fundamentally not likely IMHO)
The (green)upward short-term would be broken @ 173/174 and than any gap below is a candidate for the bottom IMHO, so surely 144
Schermafbeelding 2023-04-06 om 15.10.31.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: UltradoomY
I'm only talking about the current downward channel outlined in white. This is considered a shallow retracement still and the bigger trend is still up. The run up from 102 - 217 was either the start of a new bull market, or the first leg up of a zig zag correction to an even bigger downtrend (414 - 102). Either way, until TSLA makes another leg up from 160/146, the currently overarching trend is still up. Timewise, we have until mid June to finish this second leg up before the clock starts ticking. SPY chart doesn't agree though, argg.

1680787209746.png

FYI I sold -C for NVDA and Meta May 5th (as I want to rather stop shorting TSLA and think these are in much worse position, NVDA being as well overbought as a possible falling knife, but Meta is on the wrong track big time. )
Interesting, I just sold -P for META Apr 14th since I think the stock is undervalued. But that is not a discussion for this topic. :)

I rolled TSLA 190 -P to Apr 14th to 185 -P, hoping stock will recover heading into earnings.

0DTE Options call (only 1 to cover it all, I expect today)
[SPY 407 D trading levels indicating room between 405 and 407, the latter being MAXpain too]
[TSLA 184 W(= D today ;-) trading levels at current SP, MAXpain being Higher 190, but falling due to big volume on lower option-strikes momentarily)]
So at the moment I would expect a little rise into the close for TSLA and a little downward movement for SPY, option-wise.

I’m not certain about the going down to 146 after ER part. We are looking at a classic flat correction still - shallow by nature. the bottom should be contained within the downward channel which, when taken in conjunction with the time limit, doesnt allow much downside below 160. However, SPY is also in a dire state. Im still trying to reconcile between their charts. SPY is about to begin a nasty downtrend but for some reason, TSLA is already halfway to the bottom? Something is not right here.
I am actually bullish on SPY - there will be pull backs, but I think we are heading to 420, and probably even higher than that, probably potentially up to 430.

Is this a theta play for Monday?
No, I'm a bit bearish on TSLA for the moment and can easily roll up and out if it reverses from here

Obviously I have zero idea, but I'm thinking will be flat next week, then obviously volatile the week after, so looking to get out of these and go into earnings without any weekly positions (for once)

I also sold 20x 4/14 -c195's @$2.1

Still have 20x -185 straddles for today that came good -> waiting for the Theta to drain out of those, then when those are closed I'lm thinking to sell 20x 4/14 -p170 shitputs for $1.1

Last edited:
Still have 20x -195 straddles for today that came good -> waiting for the Theta to drain out of those, then when those are closed I'lm thinking to sell 20x 4/14 -p170 shitputs for $1.1
185s? Check out MaxPain for next week, there were 40,000 c200s traded today. That far OTM, suggests that someone knows something. Normal bets for a weekly are less than 5000-10,000 contracts and closer to ATM, maybe $5 over.

No, I'm a bit bearish on TSLA for the moment and can easily roll up and out if it reverses from here

Obviously I have zero idea, but I'm thinking will be flat next week, then obviously volatile the week after, so looking to get out of these and go into earnings without any weekly positions (for once)

I also sold 20x 4/14 -c195's @$2.1

Still have 20x -195 straddles for today that came good -> waiting for the Theta to drain out of those, then when those are closed I'lm thinking to sell 20x 4/14 -p170 shitputs for $1.1

I was considering selling 45x -c210's or 215's for next week with the idea that IV will stay flat along with the SP and close them on Monday if they decay to a few cents. IV dropped a few % since morning for next week but I can see an IV spike to keep these flat on Monday. Looks like we're out of the danger zone of closing below 182.24 for the elevator down. But I share your bearish sentiment, and see a flat week ahead, just unsure with the ER around the corner if we have on last push up.