Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That was a very late roll. Weren't you afraid of the calls being exercised early?
I have accepted the outcome mentally. The rule that I set for myself is if I can roll for $2 I keep on doing so. Today it reached that number (ish. I added an extra week for it). If the SP comes down to me, I’ll be happy. If it doesn’t, I’m ready to assign and sell puts at a decent premium because I have waited enough for a large dip at this point. So I’ll give it 5 more weeks and see where that takes us.

Last edited:
There's enough premium there to close 1 or two strikes, no? Or roll a few ATM? Of course you lose the income, but you'd slowly close out the DITM calls...

Maybe you'll get a chance tomorrow if the earnings suck
This is in 2 separate accounts and therefore not really a chance to use the entire premium for 1 btc. And I use the income on the cash account so there’s that. I’ll just keep on hoping! :rolleyes:

You can pretty much bank on the share price not doing anything for the remainder of 2023. This earnings call pretty much cemented that. Seems be quite a delay between cost of commodities coming down and Tesla recognizing the lower cost of goods. Based on how they’re treating currency FX’s, thats going to be headwind for most of this year.
Time to sell calls

The two days after earnings can have some big reversals. I'm hoping for at least 0.1 on 190CC for Friday (on any kind of a mini rise), and maybe 160 Puts. I will try not to sell anything for next week until I see how things shake out Monday after the market has had the weekend to digest things a bit.

This doesn’t strike me as a snap-back kind of earnings, but stranger things have happened I suppose.

This doesn’t strike me as a snap-back kind of earnings, but stranger things have happened I suppose.
Question is, what was priced in?
As these numbers were sort of expected by WS, maybe 180ish is our stop for the end of the week.
Don’t forget we were trading above 200 not so long ago.

Rolled my only open contract 5/12 200 CC to 7/21 220 CC yesterday before close, just to be sure not getting ITM, but not missing a potential SP drop.
Got 8, wouldn’t surprise me seeing 5 today to buy it back.
Then I’m out of open contracts and will see what happens today and tomorrow.

Don't think I've ever seen such a boring outlook for the next quarter in years, if ever. Right now it does not feel like we are breaking past 200 any time soon. Not sure if I'm capitulating but I'm tempted to go @Max Plaid and sell ATM weekly calls on most of my shares and just wheel aggressively if they do get called away.

I don't know if it's the stock performance or the Elon/Twitter drama but I'm feeling less compelled to hold every share with a death grip these days. The memories of the great rallies over the last 10 years are starting to get fuzzier and I just don't see us breaking out of this range anytime soon. What's the next real catalyst? A Fed pause maybe in May, but I'm not sure if that will even make a difference.

Don't think I've ever seen such a boring outlook for the next quarter in years, if ever. Right now it does not feel like we are breaking past 200 any time soon. Not sure if I'm capitulating but I'm tempted to go @Max Plaid and sell ATM weekly calls on most of my shares and just wheel aggressively if they do get called away.

I don't know if it's the stock performance or the Elon/Twitter drama but I'm feeling less compelled to hold every share with a death grip these days. The memories of the great rallies over the last 10 years are starting to get fuzzier and I just don't see us breaking out of this range anytime soon. What's the next real catalyst? A Fed pause maybe in May, but I'm not sure if that will even make a difference.
I'm with you but I'll be cautious with the weekly calls when it reaches closer to 160.

Reactions: saniflash and MikeC