Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Made some purchases this morning - 2 weeks (06/21) out on the SPY Puts - 420P - $1.80 each
More $205P's bought on TSLA this morning $1 each - 06/16

Sold some more $230C's for 06/16 - $6 each

If I'm wrong I can always roll these out and up to past $250 for a cash conversion. If I'm right about next week I uncover and bank - waiting for the following week to run into P&D report.

I sold 100X naked calls for next week - 300 Strike. I think it is a safe $1,000.

That sounds pretty safe. I've never really understood these high premiums for strikes that are unrealistically high. When the SP is running up even short term calls tend to get a long tail.

Worst thing that can happen, imho, is that you have to roll them out by one or two weeks to an even more unrealistic strike.

Ugh, stuck with these two losing spreads that i don't want to roll to next week or the week after. Any suggestions? I'll take a small debit to improve strike where I can.

6/9 -c227.5/+c237.5
6/9 -c230/+c240

EDIT: As an example, I can roll first spread same width to next week 232.5 for .12 , opened it at 1.00 ... but is it just as, if not more, risky? We also just bumped up against, testing, 11/1/2022 price that quickly accelerated downward.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: UltradoomY
Ugh, stuck with these two losing spreads that i don't want to roll to next week or the week after. Any suggestions? I'll take a small debit to improve strike where I can.

6/9 -c227.5/+c237.5
6/9 -c230/+c240

EDIT: As an example, I can roll first spread same width to next week 232.5 for .12 , opened it at 1.00 ... but is it just as, if not more, risky?
How high can you roll if you give the entire 1.00 back?

Reactions: Jim Holder
Well looks like we keep rejecting around 233 so I finally sold off my 200 and 233.33 Jun 16th calls that I overpaid for back when the stock was much higher, losses only in the 80s percentile instead of the ~99% they were most of the year....that's win, right?

Now to figure out what to do next with the (now significantly smaller) amount of FAAFO money...

Can someone pull the plug on TSLA for a few days? :D

Waiting for that breather to manage some short calls and open some CSP’s.

Talk about froth...blow off the top...or maybe "this time is different" and "don't fight the trend..."?

🚧

GEX showing room to $240 and it hasn't changed all day:

1686251392475.png

Bookmap:

1686251684535.png

Netflow:

1686251768161.png

TSLA is well above all EMA's on the Daily and BB angry for stretching so much. Anyone know how long that lasts in the past?

1686251885127.png

Last edited:
I’m looking to go long several hundred shares as reserve for some short calls, but “never buy at resistance/top” right? But then I missed $221 and $230.

Would any of you long here or TSLA is bound to come back to earth soon?