Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think this coming week it's going to be mainly about Macro and the Fed Meeting. We could see a fairly significant pull back if they raise rates again.
TBH I don't really think anyone cares what the FED say or do any more, they are clueless. Likely .25 already priced-in, so no rise might provoke the opposite

Wicked stocks says it all hangs on $262 tomorrow. If we open below, the uptrend is broken. Holding above $262 then we still have a chance. I’m still feeling pretty glum and bearish, so I expect it to go lower. I am, however, very interested in Friday’s trading on the September monthly. It will be interesting to see if those c400s were closed or more opened. Hmmmm, waiting on the Monday AM update.
IMG_2165.jpeg

IMG_2164.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
With 225CC in play for friday, I'll have to keep a close eye on the extrinsic.
Was about .50 last friday. Rolling them a week/few weeks/a month at max isn't really worth it (yet), so actually waiting for those shares to get called away or a new decline of the SP. To be okay with a monthly roll, I think we need to get to 245ish. Don't really know we will get there, but it's not that far away as well.

-CC 240 Friday against all of my shares, just to protect the projected fall, that (movement regarding) is a certainty now. With the expected gain (will close when shares near/cross 240) I will buy extra shares.(approx 6.50% +) further will day trade in/out of shares during the day I guess. (not yet today, have to find out bottom/resistance first)

-CC 240 Friday against all of my shares, just to protect the projected fall, that (movement regarding) is a certainty now. With the expected gain (will close when shares near/cross 240) I will buy extra shares.(approx 6.50% +) further will day trade in/out of shares during the day I guess. (not yet today, have to find out bottom/resistance first)
I’d be a bit cautious shorting into the hole, Dealer Greeks showing bullish/long continuation, and GEX supporting above 260. It’s not always right but calls for caution and further study.

1690208000922.png

I’d be a bit cautious shorting into the hole, Dealer Greeks showing bullish/long continuation, and GEX supporting above 260. It’s not always right but calls for caution and further study.
I guess you could be right and I figured out that, maybe, we only just experienced a gap-fill from June 28/29, but I let them in place for now until it gets unbearable to look at..

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim Holder
a lot of hours left to fulfill an unexpected (in my case), impressive engulfing candle for the day ($268.10 minimum target) But beware: Volume is still low, would have liked higher to be impressed enough to close the -CC 240already. Still looks more like one of the good old lure-them-retail-in-monday's...

I don't know - volume is decent and kinda feels like the post-ER drop was a head fake in conjunction with the NASDAQ rebalancing and now we're getting some of that back.

Holding -p262.50/272.50/280/300 and -c280s for this week.

View attachment 959174

Seems as though the bullish Dealer Greeks was accurate today afterall. Question is can it get over 270 which is a monster +GEX level:

1690227661503.png

I'm tempted to write some -C285 or -C290 for this Friday on a bunch of $298 CB shares I don't mind selling if they get called away and re-buying on next 240 test, because $270 is such a wall upward, but all the bullish positioning, VIX puts, and unknown possible FOMOC reaction is giving me pause.

After Wednesday it's safer of course, but then premium will be a 1/4 they are now.

For now I'm sitting on my hands 🫤

1690228223391.png

1690228267252.png

1690228436367.png

Last edited:
That was a nice recovery today from a gloomy pre-market and nasty open. But lots of big green candles were printing early on, the big put wall at 270, last week's monthly expiration aided by the exaggerated sell-off after earnings...

30x -p270 & 14x -c270 for this week, FOMC is the joker card, of course

And just broke 270AH

I'm tempted to write some -C285 or -C290 for this Friday on a bunch of $298 CB shares I don't mind selling if they get called away and re-buying on next 240 test, because $270 is such a wall upward, but all the bullish positioning, VIX puts, and unknown possible FOMOC reaction is giving me pause.

After Wednesday it's safer of course, but then premium will be a 1/4 they are now.

For now I'm sitting on my hands 🫤

View attachment 959263

View attachment 959264

View attachment 959265

One of the most valuable things I appear to have (mostly) taken to heart after getting badly burned a number of times over the past 5 years is that it is okay to do nothing on a given day.