Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the contrary, premium shows that call flow is still negative today, to me at least. Today's candle does not confirm low was in yesterday. Need a gap up or else we might go lower still. Closed my -235P's for a 50% gain.
This is what I get. 73% call flow. Flow sentiment 91 (Bullish)
20230808_133815.jpg

Gamma flip is 249... right where we sit. That and OI volumes split at 242.5 (wasn't able to put this out earlier) and 240 being the attractor (using today's opening options pricing) on the put side, kind of feeling good that I didn't have free time at the MMD to sell -p235 for this week. If CPI is lousy, Wednesday can just as easily be a red day. Careful.

EDIT: Thanks for that CPI date note, @BornToFly , much appreciated.

day2dayoi-7-8.png
TSLA-SpotGamma-08Aug2023-a.png

Last edited:
Gamma flip is 249... right where we sit. That and OI volumes split at 242.5 (wasn't able to put this out earlier) and 240 being the attractor (using today's opening options pricing) on the put side, kind of feeling good that I didn't have free time at the MMD to sell -p235 for this week. If CPI is lousy, Wednesday can just as easily be a red day. Careful.

View attachment 963279 View attachment 963280
CPI is Thursday. I think tomorrow will be green to buy the rumor since today was pretty red, but we will see. If word on the street is a bad number, tomorrow could be red too. I debated closing some 240 and 235 Puts for Friday, but have held for now. I might close them tomorrow depending on price action.

So the biggest problem right now is that the QQQ is also not far from falling below the 50 day MA. If it losses the 50, we are probably looking at a prolonged downtrend again. TSLA is in no position to buck a trend. So we need to be prepared for a slide back to 230 or lower very soon if the market doesn't react well to the CPI Thursday morning.

So the biggest problem right now is that the QQQ is also not far from falling below the 50 day MA. If it losses the 50, we are probably looking at a prolonged downtrend again. TSLA is in no position to buck a trend. So we need to be prepared for a slide back to 230 or lower very soon if the market doesn't react well to the CPI Thursday morning.
Everyone should be looking at 150-200 days on their positions for a target..not saying everything will get there but we’ve had a long period of consolidation in the past quarter which has inflated 50’s and IMO those targets are closer than regaining or breaking 50’s

could be closer to a 50% retracement, will depend on the equity and how how above the 50 they managed to get.

• Informative
Reactions: BornToFly
If CPI is bad tomorrow, where does everyone see the SP on Friday close? 240? 235? 230?
235 is a little more than 6% drop. I think that could happen. Might just close my 235 Puts this morning and leave potential profits on the table.
What makes you think CPI will be bad? Recent trend is that CPI has been coming in colder than both forecast and consensus, Truflation indicates this should be the same this time too

I know people have been saying that gas prices have increased, but one of the biggest influences on core inflation is shelter, which is a very lagging indicator and should normally be dropping now

We'll see, I guess... if anyone's worried about it, close out all positions before close today and re-open tomorrow...

1691588593237.png

What makes you think CPI will be bad? Recent trend is that CPI has been coming in colder than both forecast and consensus, Truflation indicates this should be the same this time too

I know people have been saying that gas prices have increased, but one of the biggest influences on core inflation is shelter, which is a very lagging indicator and should normally be dropping now

We'll see, I guess... if anyone's worried about it, close out all positions before close today and re-open tomorrow...

View attachment 963473
I said pretty much the same thing above, but Truflation - which I like, was about ready to break sub 2% a month ago, and here we are. so, as I said above I think our number might be either just a tad hotter than expected, OR FLAT - which in and of itself will be perceived negatively.

Isn’t this fun.

Last edited:
Gosh, I don't know what to do about my $220 and $215 covered calls. Roll to Jan 300 for $10 or 9. Roll to $245 next week for $17, close them right now for $24 and start generating income or be patient and wait until I can close them for cheaper. 2/3 of my shares are already on Jan 300's so I cannot really generate much income to help with the debit transaction. any non advise?