Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thinking about this a little more - I talked myself into selling my 9/1 c$260s at a 50% profit. Based on rumors, I am expecting a price drop commensurate with any Highland refresh announcement - and that can easily be spun into a bad thing for the stock.

Lucky twice in one week - I was thinking price cuts as the reason to sell, but not on the S/X! I've started to build a small 9/29 +c270 position now that we're trading back in the mid $240s - will look to add more if we actually touch/overshoot the breakout point.

In keeping with the theme of the thread, I also opened up a 9/8 -c280 position at $0.49 per share earlier this morning.

Reactions: intelligator
Ugh, serves me right for not closing out this week's -p260's after I sold for next, went from a +$3 to -$3 in the meantime...

Have salvaged somewhat by selling 10x -p240 @ -p250, waiting to see of we get any kind of recovery for some call selling, but it's not looking good right now...

I suspect this was going to happen regardless of what news came out overnight, seems the manipulators are still shy of letting calls expire ITM on OPEX Friday, but don't care too much about puts

Thinking to roll 2x -c225 to next week, same strike, decide then how far out to send them. Should I just pick a better strike months out now?

I have 2x 11/17 -c235 as well that I may want to manage, now. Sounds like you are suggesting roll while at near term low, take advantage of dips below current levels , then.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jim Holder
Thinking to roll 2x -c225 to next week, same strike, decide then how far out to send them. Should I just pick a better strike months out now?
Don’t know if you’ve started running numbers, but I’m thinking about rolling all my $240s out pretty soon thinking we’re at close to near-term bottom. Part of this urge is regrets from not doing it when SP was $220. Quick look suggests I‘d have to go out 12 months to get to $280 and split 12-16 to get to $300. I guess worse case if I do it now, I can roll in if SP goes down any further. Then opportunistically roll over the next 12 months. Trying to hold 90% of my position past $300; currently have half of shares covered at Sep’23-Mar’24 $240 strikes. Have been in shares preservation mode since June, and minimal income, and no end in sight.

Anybody else jump on Wicked Stocks low point? Was just watching his YouTube video, and noticed that the SP was approaching his daily low prediction, so went ahead and bought 10x 9/08 +c250s at $3.90 just for fun. Looks like he nailed it once again. Unfortunately, on Wednesday I had bought 9/01 +p250s for $0.95, BUT STUPIDLY SOLD THEM this AM for $0.75 because I thought that $250 was the target. Could have 5x profit on that one. 💩 FYI, this dump is all because of the ReddyLeaf counter indicator: I sold a 9/01 -p255 for $1.90 earlier in the week, daring the SP. So, the buyer on that one is up 5x. Oh well, at least I was able to use this action to roll a bunch of CCs out and up for various credits. Still have 1x Jan2025 -c225. The worst short term ones were 9/01 -c230, so definitely appreciate the drop to facilitate a better roll.

On the personal side, still very busy on projects that may require dropping out of this thread. If that happens, don’t worry. I’m healthy financially and mentally. My best advice is to reread this thread from the beginning, as well as many other options threads from the early days. There is a wealth of knowledge and experience (changing all the time, but often forgotten) in those old posts.

Anybody else jump on Wicked Stocks low point? Was just watching his YouTube video, and noticed that the SP was approaching his daily low prediction, so went ahead and bought 10x 9/08 +c250s at $3.90 just for fun. Looks like he nailed it once again. Unfortunately, on Wednesday I had bought 9/01 +p250s for $0.95, BUT STUPIDLY SOLD THEM this AM for $0.75 because I thought that $250 was the target. Could have 5x profit on that one. 💩 FYI, this dump is all because of the ReddyLeaf counter indicator: I sold a 9/01 -p255 for $1.90 earlier in the week, daring the SP. So, the buyer on that one is up 5x. Oh well, at least I was able to use this action to roll a bunch of CCs out and up for various credits. Still have 1x Jan2025 -c225. The worst short term ones were 9/01 -c230, so definitely appreciate the drop to facilitate a better roll.

On the personal side, still very busy on projects that may require dropping out of this thread. If that happens, don’t worry. I’m healthy financially and mentally. My best advice is to reread this thread from the beginning, as well as many other options threads from the early days. There is a wealth of knowledge and experience (changing all the time, but often forgotten) in those old posts.
I didn't watch his video today, hey where are our Cliff Notes @Jim Holder??

I have a 20x -c250 sell order in place at $5.1 to straddle my 10x -p240 / -p250 / -p260's, I'm not convinced it's the best thing to do, given that I still have 30x -c230's rolled when the SP was in the high 250's, they're still making profits if the SP stays down

Edit: adapted the 20x -c250 sell to 30x -c260, with 10x of those against 1000x TSLA that I want to sell (missed my chance into close yesterday, hey ho)

Last edited:
Why am I certain 242 will be reached? Looking back at the past, be it in an bigger uptrend or downtrend, once the immediate daily downtrend, represented by the red staircase, has been broken, the breakout level has always been retested. We're not there yet so I won't even consider going long until we are there.
1693589115750.png

I didn't watch his video today, hey where are our Cliff Notes @Jim Holder??

😎

He said TSLA needs to hold $257.06 or more downside. He did nail $245.68 as the daily containment. Let’s see if it holds. If not, room all the way down to $229.79 with stops on the way.

Edit: He also said a close below $245.68 pivots the market lower and consider selling any swing longs/closing calls.

See the S/R list on the right.

IMG_1574.jpeg

Last edited:
FYI, this dump is all because of the ReddyLeaf counter indicator: I sold a 9/01 -p255 for $1.90 earlier in the week, daring the SP. So, the buyer on that one is up 5x. Oh well, at least I was able to use this action to roll a bunch of CCs out and up for various credits. Still have 1x Jan2025 -c225. The worst short term ones were 9/01 -c230, so definitely appreciate the drop to facilitate a better roll.
I thought the dump is because I rolled the C115s yesterday. Anyway sold P222.5s today @248, so we'll see if it holds on 9/8.

We’re hovering around a decent support level ~ 245, yes if we get below $242 which was recent resistance, we can quickly get to ~234, another medium support level and then I’ve moved up my next lower support to ~206. I don’t have the same $210-$212 that I had before.. could be a speed bump on the way down to ~206, from there it’s another 5% to solid support again.

BTW, I was greedy yesterday and was waiting to sell -7 Oct CC $265 for $20, should have taken the ~ $18.75, we’re now hovering around $10 and should go lower.

Gonna close 25% of my weeklies before EOD. It may hit 242 in the AH and trigger some sort of bull-trappy-DCB on Monday. Wanna stay lean and jump on that if given.
Monday Holiday… Tuesday, the Sept fireworks begin. I never underestimate the ability for MM returning to work to want to try and push down the ENTIRE market, get stocks cheaper and hope for a Q4 rally into end of year. So, seasonal forces could very much be in play for Sept/Oct.

And, don’t forget we don’t have funding for the federal gov’t at the moment, for pretty much NOW… so that’s going to introduce some more than usual seasonal influence on market fear and concern. We have the same participants as earlier this year who held up the Debt Ceiling, saying the same things now. “If we don’t get everything we want, we’re not authorizing ANYTHING”. I know it’s all political rhetoric, but it has at least a short to medium term impact on risk appetite.

Why am I certain 242 will be reached? Looking back at the past, be it in a bigger uptrend or downtrend, once the immediate daily downtrend, represented by the red staircase, has been broken, the breakout level has always been retested. We're not there yet so I won't even consider going long until we are there.
View attachment 970166
Once again, thank you for your analysis. Darn it. Why don’t I wait until AFTER reading this thread to trade? I went ahead and bought another 5x 9/1 +c250s. I was ahead on the previous 10x, but now with the continued dump they’re all at a loss. Maybe a bounce on Monday? Unfortunately, for those +Cs, I think that you are correct. However, for my mid- and longer-term CCs, I appreciate the lower SP. Also, I have 20x 9/15 IBs at +p230/-p240/-c240/+c250 that are loving the action. Those were mistakes, rolled in an attempt to save previous bad trades. I really don’t want to lose the $20k backing, but at least I’ve realized $17k premiums. If we miraculously get close to $240 next week, I’ll probably close everything for what little profit I can. Once again, I’m hedged in both directions.

Seems like won’t have to wait for AH…242 is here…
wont be much of a plan if we fret over things going according to it, right?

Closed some of my weekly calls here. Call it a week.

Pls note that Im not sharing most of my plays here so pls dont interprete what I share as my read of the market. My levels are.

for example: just because I closed some of my weeklies doesnt mean I didnt sell more than a few naked Jan 2024 450Cs.

Last edited: