Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The next long legged Doji could be performing today, reprising oversoldness for a day, shaking out the last weak-handers, hitting the new low (just a bit above the level that can be expected again?). My theory of having to see SPX 4150 to have a broader bottom, from where a bounce would be more sustainable coincides with @dl003 ’s expectations. I could see that coming after going down from yesterday’s top and again sold shares that I have set out to buy back at $200.50 today. Also reversed some holdings 2026 -P +C, to be repositioned today. Will be in a theater on market open going down to hit the new low (or being at the bottom already) and then rebounding with a vengeance (IDEALLY!!!). My money is where my mouth is. If it would work out like this I have used 1 out of two opportunities to capitalise on a bottom.

Confess now guy. Who in here with deep pocket buying the dip this morning!? Max Plaid :)

….really dont see any Tesla news driving this. Macro aint hot either, pretty bad actually..

perhaps still at the tail end of wave 4 and people are just buying the dips. We should know more based on how we end the day.
Nah, I'm waiting for 150 and below...

That was quite the AH drop, seems to be market-wide and I see no specific Tesla news to justify it, is that the case?

Last edited:
QTA levels for today:

1698327507911.png

Option data for Friday 10/27

1698326200420.png

Option data for Friday 11/3

1698326290470.png

Option data for Friday 11/10

1698326321963.png

1698327542516.png

Nice blip , hopefully was time for close to the money short puts to be bought back. c220 has had 15K of OI over the past three days, about 18k received at p200 over same period. 225 is the highest call wall, only by about 3K, put call ratio still favoring calls at .84 , 205 and 197.5 are interesting.

This morning I'll take the opportunity to close call spreads on first good dip, see where the range is and if we come back up, sell near the money CC for tomorrow.

day2dayoi-20231026.png

• Informative
Reactions: ShareLofty
I was wondering about you recently. I think one should only be aggressive with CC's if they are comfortable with losing the share at that certain price.
My comfort depends on the delta between my called away price and the SP. 135 vs 270 was quite a stomach-ache to get through. 135 vs 200 is not that big of a deal...

Yes, minus 'momentum.' Aside from spreads, momentum trading is for the long side (long stock, short puts, long calls, closing long positions).
I thought momentum trading, as opposed to, says reversal trading or breakout trading, relies on the usage of momentum indicators like MACD, HARSI, Ichimoku cloud etc., which are omni-directional. Maybe the word you're looking for is FOMO trading.

Last edited: