Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1700062721261.png

(Credit: DL003; DL's TSLA Technicals & Predictions | Patreon)

I went long on common at 239 last night and 242 this morning. This is a very reliable setup. I'll sell at the next major bearish divergence.

Thank you. I bought a few more 12/19/2025 +C150 LEAPs.

Any thoughts for those of us with NTM/ITM short calls for next week (11/24), any chance for a return to test 230's or where to roll to now in your opinion?

I have:
30x -C235 11/24 @ 3.15 (currently 13.62) - Effective share sale price $238.15
15x -C240 11/24 @1.00 (currently 10.20) - Effective share sale price $241.00
10x - C250 11/24 @ 2.00 (currently 5.10)- Effective share sale price $252.00

Thank you. I bought a few more 12/19/2025 +C150 LEAPs.

Any thoughts for those of us with NTM/ITM short calls for next week (11/24), any chance for a return to test 230's or where to roll to now in your opinion?

I have:
30x -C235 11/24 @ 3.15 (currently 13.62) - Effective share sale price $238.15
15x -C240 11/24 @1.00 (currently 10.20) - Effective share sale price $241.00
10x - C250 11/24 @ 2.00 (currently 5.10)- Effective share sale price $252.00
My theoretical max for this is 260
If 260 is reached, then minimum retracement is 248 <- this is not guaranteed, just a very common reoccurrence.
So plan your roll accordingly.
If 248 is defended, theoretical max then will be 345 before a big multi-month retracement. This is not a bullish call, just letting you know the risk of letting it run away.

This is the first time I've seen such a fight at a resistance. Usually the bulls just run the bears over with incessant call buying and push it higher and higher all day. Today I can see that the bulls are coming out swinging with their gamma stick but 242 still holds. No comment.

EDIT: maybe they're waiting for reinforcement from macros?
This is the sort of thing that makes me think this is all fake. How substantial are gains like this in a couple hours/days? It seems like a group of large buyers are playing with the large short sellers to squeeze every dime out of them and create FOMO for the little retail guys, then they will sell out of their position at a lower high right before the earnings recession in a few months. Is that what this plan is all about?

This is the sort of thing that makes me think this is all fake. How substantial are gains like this in a couple hours/days? It seems like a group of large buyers are playing with the large short sellers to squeeze every dime out of them and create FOMO for the little retail guys, then they will sell out of their position at a lower high right before the earnings recession in a few months. Is that what this plan is all about?
It's always the same.
299 -> 212. Retails piled on the short train. Now let's pump it back up.
212 -> 242. Big scary triple top. Retails piled on the short train again. Out came Adam Jonas with his 400 target.
242 -> 279. Institutions got their exit liquidity
Rinse and repeat till 194 where stupid retail shorts piled on again
Now they're being squeezed out for what? Exit liquidity.
The goal is to make sure there are the least number of people who can benefit from every major move, be it up or down.
My job is to tell when these fleecing operations begin and end.

It's always the same.
299 -> 212. Retails piled on the short train. Now let's pump it back up.
212 -> 242. Big scary triple top. Retails piled on the short train again. Out came Adam Jonas with his 400 target.
242 -> 279. Institutions got their exit liquidity
Rinse and repeat till 194 where stupid retail shorts piled on again
Now they're being squeezed out for what? Exit liquidity.
The goal is to make sure there are the least number of people who can benefit from every major move, be it up or down.
My job is to tell when these fleecing operations begin and end.
Using 206-217 as the base, you can see how beautifully the stock paid brief ceremonial respect to each level before overcoming it with ease. 248 is today's level and 260 is the last stop. May take a few days to a week before it begins to go for 260.
View attachment 990921
When you plan according to the Fib levels, do you consider established resistances and supports between the fib levels?

Using 206-217 as the base, you can see how beautifully the stock paid brief ceremonial respect to each level before overcoming it with ease. 248 is today's level and 260 is the last stop. May take a few days to a week before it begins to go for 260.
View attachment 990921
Do you see any pull back to 235-237 or 224 gap area before 260? I see it is still overbought in 1h timeframe, it might not matter to TSLA as short is getting burned right now though.

Reactions: UncaNed
What I WILL do is take the desirable early close, and then re-open a new position (even with the same expiration) when that reversal happens. Typically that is the next day at the soonest, but on occasion its the same day (sharp enough reversal after I close my position happens on the day of close). Also doesn't happen often (maybe a couple times in a quarter?), but it gets me a lot better strike than rolling towards the share price.
Looks like its not going to reverse (atleast not enough) to sell again for the same strike.

The 240cc's - I would like to get at least 250 for them if I'm letting them go. Using the end of day option chain that'll take a 2 week roll and generate a .50 credit. The 1 week roll only gets me to 245.

I'd say I have a pretty strong bias towards rolling tomorrow. I really dislike rolling with that much time to expiration, but part of the escape hatch on these was that I'd roll out to 250 if they got pressed, and if I sell them off at that point, then the roll will have earned me an extra $10 for the 2 weeks. If the share price comes back down then I'll have earned a week of income over a period of 2-4 weeks, and that's fine. Opening the position in the first place put me into position to earn a bit if the share price headed back down after those few up days that closed out the puts for 90%+.
So, did you roll ?

The problem with having so much time still left this week is that the strike improvement is minimal. Right now it is just $5. That new strike could soon be over taken just today !

I'll have to rethink the thumb rules - esp. on how and when to roll or how to manage "stop loss".

Do you see any pull back to 235-237 or 224 gap area before 260? I see it is still overbought in 1h timeframe, it might not matter to TSLA as short is getting burned right now though.
See my post about "overbought." Without considering other factors such as whether it is the first time it's entered overbought since the last major low, you might as well ignore "overbought" and "oversold." Relying on these readings in a vacuum will do more harms than goods.

All I see it a break of today's high at 247. I don't know if it'll get to 260. I only know it will break 247. I don't know how deep the pullback will be.