Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think I hear the mod in the background getting ready to ask us to get back to discussing options and “Being the House”…

IMG_4194.gif

I agree 100%. It reminds when he went to SNL he did so well and soon after he said something stupid...he just can't help himself. The Biden stuff he mentioned he didn't deserved that. I was just saying that he is really on edge and all the attacks are getting to him. It has to be exhausting mentally.
Elon hates calm, he needs drama and crisis, so when there is none, he creates it

I too view him now as a liability more than an asset, what he achieved was amazing and it needed someone with his particular quirks to get Tesla and Space X to where they are today, but going forwards a Tesla is sorely missing a COO like Shotwell at Space X

This is why I'm looking to offload my +c200 LEAPS, too much risk and capital tied up in those right now. I'm OK to accumulate TSLA going forwards as I totally believe in the company and Mission, but my immediate target is to get 80% of portfolio back into cash (currently it's at 40%), then use the excess above that from weekly premiums to buy small chunks of TSLA as I go, so essentially risk-free, target is to get back to 10000 TSLA, without worrying too much about the cost-basis

But as @Oil4AsphaultOnly said above, Elon's behaviour is pretty normalised these days, so who knows...

I’m getting bothered by the OT too… not that I’ve ever contributed much of value to this thread.

But isn’t there an “Elon's Tweets” thread someplace for all this where I can ask what, exactly did he DO in Israel to ameliorate his perceived-as-antisemitic Tweet??
Complains about OT. Posts OT question. :p

You could ask here: Elon tweets/ Elon media and financial impact

Shorties having a good go in pre-market now, not just TSLA though, the whole of the M7, SPY and QQQ getting pushed down - as often happens around this time of day...
We’re coming off the best NOV in years, WAY more than anyone projected. Profit taking for EOM statements started yesterday and will continue today to some extent. Gotta have those good statements in peoples hands over the holidays. ;-0

i’m ok taking my profits on PUTS purchased in December.

Taking a first look (was busy) .. I'm good, being omstly short. just curious what (+P) will be ITM later today or tomorrow. A lot I guess.. on any bigger bounce I will extend shortness. (P.S. closing on a day low yesterday was a pretty good predictor of falling further on its own.)
[Edit] Convergence of the 4 MA's I talked about yesterday is still tightening so, this is not an indicator yet 1 of the longer-term move, you have to wait a few days to be sure of divergence off the MA's AND of the real heading being followed [/Edit]

Last edited:
We’re coming off the best NOV in years, WAY more than anyone projected. Profit taking for EOM statements started yesterday and will continue today to some extent. Gotta have those good statements in peoples hands over the holidays. ;-0

i’m ok taking my profits on PUTS purchased in December.
...you're now taking profits on puts you purchased LAST December...

...or waiting till December to take profits you recently purchased?

Asking for a friend who happens to own oodles of puts.

...you're now taking profits on puts you purchased LAST December...

...or waiting till December to take profits you recently purchased?

Asking for a friend who happens to own oodles of puts.
Door number 2…waiting till I see the whites of their eyes,,,and not selling most likely till IN December. These fall outs from releases usually take a couple days to play out. But Dec 1 ist Morgan.

OK added some Jan 5th 2024 300 calls for 1.69, good cushion of time if there is a pullback ... but also works for the 1.8M deliveries ....
(1/2 of todays winnings ....)
double calls at SP of 240 ... so Jan 5th 300 Calls at 1.59 .... hoping the China trend continues next week. & even Troy upped his numbers (per main thread)

I liked the Elon interview ... F'Bomb a bit crass :)
1/2 way through audio biography (on Spotify) .. appreciating Elon a bit more these days.