Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
(I don't now if you all know about the ship that arrived in Australia on dec 29 with a lot of cars (still to be delivered 2023) but also bugs on board? The boat is sent back to China instead of being decontaminated off-shore as per usual)
That was 1 of the biggest set-backs on the possiblemagical 500.000 car-quarter. But.. It will make 2024q1 a smashing record-breaker)
For Ship arriving Dec 29th, I don't think Tesla was expecting deliveries by 31sts. There always are end of quarter ships that are for the next quarter. Shanghai ports were full at EOQ as well ....
I am surprised even Gary thinks like that on twitter :)

Small beat, but as I always say, it matters not the news, but how participants are positioned for the news. They shorted the stock too overzealously before P&D and now they have to cover. But still just a dead cat. Question is when are they going to be done covering?

To be clear are you saying we are in sell-the-rip mode?
What level needs to be taken to change to tilt bullish again?

Reactions: UncaNed
RIVN tanked on delivery miss. They delivered less than 14,000 vehicles, over AN ENTIRE QUARTER!

Cybertruck is going to destroy their sales going forward on the pickup, and they are going to have stiff competition on their SUV from Kia. 😬

CT will be lucky to be delivering 14k a quarter 6 months from now- and it'll all be to previous reservation holders for at least 1-2 years (longer if the reservation conversion rate is even 50%)- so new buyers wanting an EV pickup won't be getting a CT until like 2025-2026 depending on how high you think the reservation conversion rate is.

None of which changes Rivian has a number of challenges, but "Because CT" isn't really one of them at the moment- CT is not a viable alternative to a Rivian if you want an EV pickup anytime soon and don't have a low-# CT reservation (and even those guys are only able to get one presently if you pay an extra 20k for a founders one)

In any event, there's a whole other thread for Rivian if you want to discuss further-

I missed the dip, so no -P yet and maybe not even today. (less hasty with these, because of the -P147.50 for the week already in play and being anxious about MA4x theory to break, but today looks hopeful on that one and there is a lot of headroom if we get the expected DCB (later to be qualified as not so dead even...)
NOT to misinterpret my posts before: Based on MA4x I really do NOT expect to hit 237, but if SPX is not recovering and not filling the gap soon enough, we MIGHT go 237, which most likely will be a bottom.

• Informative
Reactions: UncaNed
I missed the chance at the open to sell CCs before the dump.
amateurs

1704209888551.png