Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The QQQ are down almost 2% today. Need to think what happens to TSLA tomorrow if QQQ is up 2% tomorrow.

P1 (most positive +GEX) and absGEX is back up at $262.50, usually market floats toward it.

1704211527693.png

Made $100 this morning for kibble. Not doing anything yet. Anticipating green day Macro-wise tomorrows.

A hard dump like today maybe a prelude to a big pump tomorrow, which I already loaded in on some QQQ longs using that $100. Free play.

Just 90m in and Market crap its pant hard already.

Reactions: Jim Holder
The day is still long. Just 2hrs in with 5 more to go.

Macro wise I do see a slow recovery.....that may help push Tesla up since PD was good (not great).

edit - you can smell the overall sentiment is bearish when everyone and their mom is selling Calls and staying away from Puts ;)

Last edited:
The day is still long. Just 2hrs in with 5 more to go.

Macro wise I do see a slow recovery.....that may help push Tesla up since PD was good (not great).

edit - you can smell the overall sentiment is bearish when everyone and their mom is selling Calls and staying away from Puts ;)
For Dog's sake, don't use me as any kind of indicator!!

In the case of the -c270's I wrote, don't forget I'm looking to offload LEAPS at that price point, plus I'm writing against March +c280's, which will need to be sold anyway at some point before they lose all their value

So I am taking more risk than others, but on the other hand, $270 seems very distance for the moment

(I don't now if you all know about the ship that arrived in Australia on dec 29 with a lot of cars (still to be delivered 2023) but also bugs on board? The boat is sent back to China instead of being decontaminated off-shore as per usual)
That was 1 of the biggest set-backs on the possible magical 500.000 car-quarter. But.. It will make 2024q1 a smashing record-breaker)
I think the Ship had only about 6.5k cars on it, still 10k would be off from 500K

That's a risky bet by your usual standards 😋

For my side, resold those calls I bought earlier, but added to my existing position: STO 100x 1/26 -c270 @$6.3

Anyway, already up $10500 realised for the year 😁
There is not a lot of premium to take much of a -CC position this month or next. My feeling is, MM feel that we’ll most likely be lower again soon, or after Earnings 1/24.

quite a large rotation out of winners from last year, into healthcare, drugs, consumer, $DXY down hard (mostly due to global geo-pol, it’s certainly not what the treasury wanted today), “mag 7” seeing a lot of rotating out, or at least position trimming. I have Feb -CC against most of all of them and this is the lowest they have been.

TSLA ’meeting’ was more of a “whew” than a “woohoo!”.. What would be really interesting in the near term would be to see M3 Highland show up by EOQ, or announced to be domestic USA/NA sale by EOQ1’24, AND maybe they could get battery tech to support the $7500 tax credit back. That would allow them to bring price for Tesla back up to something more aligned with it’s value, vs. what the market was willing to pay for it - the M3 I mean.

There is not a lot of premium to take much of a -CC position this month or next. My feeling is, MM feel that we’ll most likely be lower again soon, or after Earnings 1/24.

quite a large rotation out of winners from last year, into healthcare, drugs, consumer, $DXY down hard (mostly due to global geo-pol, it’s certainly not what the treasury wanted today), “mag 7” seeing a lot of rotating out, or at least position trimming. I have Feb -CC against most of all of them and this is the lowest they have been.

TSLA ’meeting’ was more of a “whew” than a “woohoo!”.. What would be really interesting in the near term would be to see M3 Highland show up by EOQ, or announced to be domestic USA/NA sale by EOQ1’24, AND maybe they could get battery tech to support the $7500 tax credit back. That would allow them to bring price for Tesla back up to something more aligned with it’s value, vs. what the market was willing to pay for it - the M3 I mean.

Good points!

How are you positioned for Jan-Mar, are you making any adjustments today?

Reactions: UncaNed
Leverage. Those shares gained 150% as of today while depending on strike, those LEAPS are probably +500% to +2000%.
More leverage is only good if thing move in the correct direction...
In the bad case:
Shares -> DITM calls
Stock drops
Calls DOTM, value destroyed and they are sold/ expired worthless
Stock rebounds, but you have less of it

Also,

Opened:
-C275 2/24 for $9.20 80x
-C275 2/24 for $9.25 20x

Reminder that last week I opened:
-C250 1/24 for $4.70 190x

Note I am anticipating probably having to manage these as the Febs are after earnings, but who knows. I may be able to get out early before EOY.

For the experienced rollers out there, any advice on these positions, especially the Jan 250s? They are about double what I paid for them. I did anticipate having to roll, just not sure to where.

Guess i'm looking at July 350 @ 9.70, or Sept 380 at 10? Or be more conservative and play it closer?

Last edited: