Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
In my head there is a crazy idea, burning.
To sell @SP 210 something like -C205 and -P215 for next week, because it will be volatile I think. So when significantly UP close -P and when down close -C. Only a unidirectional run will scalp me, instead of me scalping premium....
[Edit] already have put it in play for tomorrow with -P210 and -C210, will scalp on any >1 dollar gain [/edit}
No one gained a dollar, so I have them overnight as well and let theta do a bit of the work.
As I made a mistake in configuring , I sold the puts too late (while SP going up, so Delta on -C took more than Delta on -P)
Tomorrow the -P will be on a dollar profit a the next leg down the -C should be too. Still not sure on the crazy idea for next week yet. Could become very painful when going one way only, which is a risk in the ER week. Sure will day trade in (your) morning. Good night to you (it is 22 pm over here)

No one gained a dollar, so I have them overnight as well and let theta do a bit of the work.
As I made a mistake in configuring , I sold the puts too late (while SP going up, so Delta on -C took more than Delta on -P)
Tomorrow the -P will be on a dollar profit a the next leg down the -C should be too. Still not sure on the crazy idea for next week yet. Could become very painful when going one way only, which is a risk in the ER week. Sure will day trade in (your) morning. Good night to you (it is 22 pm over here)
And inverse strange, can be very profitable in volatile times, but you need to keep your eye on them

Yeah, 22:00 for me too, but the benefit of being in Europe is that we have all day to catch up on the news, watch the pre-market etc., before it all kicks-off. Plus for those that still have a day-job, most of main market is after normal working hours...

Zoom out on the Max Pain graph to see crazy things...

1705613780025.png

Zoom out on the Max Pain graph to see crazy things...

View attachment 1010188
I’m sure all of these were sold a LONG time ago..like the 32K contracts at $666, would have been just a 55% upside to the ATH. Look at all those contacts between $375 and 666 with at least 25K contracts at them and then everything in between. Lots and lots of pennies, make lots and lots of BILLIONS of $$ of SOLD contracts.

This stock clears more in sold and expired or closed out contracts EVERY QUARTER than nearly half it’s entire market cap. Certainly semi annually. “let that sink in”

M.E. might as well have named the company Guttenberg.

Last edited:
I think pop or drop after earnings will come down to 2024 guidance, if it's low, or avoided altogether, will become nasty, IMO

But can also be that this week is all about OPEX and it recovers, which is why I decided to close out the -c220's today, no point in taking undue risks on those as I've already taken crazy profits on OTM calls this year

Have now realised +$270k YTD, but do have 100x -c300 burner calls expiring worthless tomorrow, that's -$31k, and I don't expect the 20x -p240's to go profitable, although they will break-even at $226

And despite these crazy gains, portfolio is down 20% YTD
What is burner calls ?

earnings: what to expect next week?

last 3 quarters=red

my plan next week (earnings) is to watch the game from the sidelines, let the starters play and us benchwarmers will play cards... even my wide 6-delta IC won't survive these ranges (avoid black swan risk)

TSLA Earnings Week - How Far is Previous Friday Close to Friday Close (7DTE)?
1705631583232.png

TSLA Earnings Week - How Far is Monday Open to Friday Close (4DTE)?
1705631628710.png

Last edited:

last 3 quarters=red

my plan next week (earnings) is to watch the game from the sidelines, let the starters play and us benchwarmers will play cards... even my wide 6-delta IC won't survive these ranges (avoid black swan risk)

View attachment 1010269

View attachment 1010270
Rule #7. Pick your battles don’t try and fight in every one. It’s a long game.

last 3 quarters=red

View attachment 1010269

View attachment 1010270
I don't usually buy calls, but maybe I'll look at pricing and see if there is cheap OTM call in case of 20+% upside move.....

My plan is to by OTM call since they’re cheap now. Maybe 245 riding the mid 250 pump if ER good.

If and when there is a pump before ER buy OTM put maybe at 195.

Form a straddle. If there is a 20% movement that should equal profit. If it just flat then that another story…..

Expired 2 weeks out from earning.

Or as Tivoboy said - choose your battle - dont play earning week at all.

Reactions: Jim Holder
What is burner calls ?
Calls bought for sole purpose of writing against and allowing to expire - in this case they were just used to facilitate rolling

It's a bit like buying a pile of +p150's to keep your margin under control, they don't cost much, you know they're going to expose worthless, but they serve a purpose

Last edited:
Reactions: Arul and UncaNed