Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wanted to say that while the direct TSLA related options discussion on this board is very helpful and appreciative, the dedication to learn the in’s and out’s of options trading to understand the talk and positioning of some here is incredibly valuable.

Over the course of my 6-8 months of selling options, I’ve discovered multiple paths of income that have side benefits of other goals. Before when I just did buy n hold, if/when the TSLA hit the certain valuations where I planned on selling, my plan was just to take the cash and invest in a portfolio blend of dividend stocks and just accept getting anywhere from 3-6% returns.

But now I’ve discovered multiple paths to 8-12% returns whether I’m holding TSLA stock or not and if I feel like being very active getting in and out of options, I feel I could up that return to 12-15% safely.

For some reason I always viewed options as incredibly risky things. But upon delving into them completely, I’ve learned they can be rather safe if you’re ok with certain outcomes and are not gambling with them. I’m incredibly thankful for the content on this thread that will pay dividends (pun intended) years from now for me

Last edited:
I'm watching my 100x 2/2 -p200's closely, likely need to roll them before close Wednesday if it trades around here all week...

Plan for these is to buy back 20x today, free up 20x +p200's, which then covers the 20x 2/2 -p185, which I'm strongly assuming expire, but if not, no cash at risk

Then next week sell 30x -pATM and close out another 10x -c200, rinse/repeat until something changes - all the time writing 100x -c185 weeklies
OK, small tweak to this strategy, realised I could go back in with 25x -p185's for this week and close out another 5x -p200

Reminder, for those keeping tabs: I have 100x -c185 open for this week too, so would bank some $$$ if the put went ITM

BTC 5x 2/2 -p200 @$12.40 (+$2.4)
STO 25x 2/2 -p185 @$2.5

Of course the SP rose after I closed out the -p200's, so ended chasing the -p185's and went with an extra 5x CSP

At this rate the puts will go OTM anyway 🤪

Reactions: BornToFly
STO 10x -C250 5/17 @3.75
Scalp for $194 rejection to $180 or just hold if that doesn’t happen.

Sitting on red 10x +P170 3/15 @$5.70 (now $3.70). Bought it Friday to cover gap-down risk and didn’t close earlier. May just cut for a loss at any close over $195.

Okay, who turned on the machine?
Look at TSLA go, and on the first day off SSR 🚀

Where to next?

1706560442212.png

Last edited:
DCB or something else? Tom Lee thinks that there will be a 7% market sell off starting at the end of the month.

I had buy orders for stock set at $175 this morning :/.
I think this is a last min rally for the market before a decent pullback. Odds are wall st will find something in the Fed conference on Wednesday to sell the news on.

Macros gotta go lower before any such material rally higher 🤷

DCB or something else? Tom Lee thinks that there will be a 7% market sell off starting at the end of the month.

I had buy orders for stock set at $175 this morning :/.
Market selloff is basing on the perception of M7 ATH bubbles. This is more of economics development. If FOMC confirmed rate cut in March or earlier this can potentially overshadow the M7 bubbles for Tesla.

We have seen Tesla break off of the M7 ATH trend. If Economics data are good, Tesla might continue to go up even if M7 bubble burst.....
Tesla biggest enemy is high interest rate not the M7 bubbles.

OK, more fiddling about and repositioning, rolled 75x 2/2 -c200 to 65x 2/9 -c200 for a few $'s, 10x less contracts... I had wanted to split into 3x 20x 9/2, 16/2 & 23/2, but the SP refused to push down below 190 and good job I went with what I did given the climb into close

After buying back 75x -c200, no way I leave that open overnight, too risky!

And STO 5x more 2/2 -p185, now have 40x of those...

Market selloff is basing on the perception of M7 ATH bubbles. This is more of economics development. If FOMC confirmed rate cut in March or earlier this can potentially overshadow the M7 bubbles for Tesla.

We have seen Tesla break off of the M7 ATH trend. If Economics data are good, Tesla might continue to go up even if M7 bubble burst.....
Tesla biggest enemy is high interest rate not the M7 bubbles.
I would argue that the market has already/is already pricing in a Fed March rate cut.

Fed would not only have to do rate cut in March, but it would have a rather large rate cut for the macro's to go higher without there being any sort of pullback/correction first. Pullbacks and corrections are healthier for sustained rallies.

I think we're going to see either macro pullback of 5-10% or large cap stocks sell off or stay flat while small and medium cap stocks rise for the next 2-3 months.

today (before the rise)
- BTO LEAP june ‘26 C100 to counter my Friday STO April ‘24-C195
- STO -CC APRIL ‘24 235 for scalping
- closed some Sofi -puts and PLTR -calls to reduce margin, for I missed a little liquidationtransaction (closing a loosing -P 235 for march that occurred thursday without notice… and so me not noticing either :oops:)
- BTO 2/9/24 P150, just in case…

As has happened several times recently, anticipating a Monday bump after Thursday/Friday doldrums, split some rolls and expirations between pre-weekend closes and sales today:
  • now fully positioned in CC ladder plan:
    • 55% 10-11 DTE 12% OTM
      • 26Jan$240 expired —> 9Feb$215
    • 12% 10-18 DTE 10% OTM
      • 26Jan$230 expired —> 9Feb$210
    • 12% 270 DTE 25% OTM
      • 20Sep$265 —> 20Sep$230 for $6.33 credit
      • this is my 2nd 50% scalp to close this month; nervous about $230 8 months out, but will stay with the process until any escape needed
    • 21% uncovered for share sales at $300+ or escapes for above