Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
- roll up and out, reduce exposure: yes, sounds strange, but I have 65x -p270, that's an exposure of $1.75million, premium value $580k, these could be rolled to 26x Jan 2025 -p400 @$220, same premium near enough, but total exposure of just over $1million, so less cash/margin requirement
Please note that the time value of those 400 puts is 0 or very close.

Reactions: UncaNed
Daiwa downgrades to Neutral from Outperform - PT $195 (from $245)

The analyst says the ramifications of increasing focus on governance concerns could limit Tesla's propensity to invest for the very long term and innovate. The firm sees corporate governance concerns "aggravating already tough" financial conditions in 2024. While Daiwa sees a path for long-term investors to be rewarded through a growth rebound, "the recent knocks on Tesla's corporate governance could make the path more volatile," the analyst tells investors in a research note. Daiwa says any restrictions on Tesla's propensity to invest for the very long-term, pursuit of breaking technology and manufacturing barriers and attracting top talent could negatively impact its long-term thesis.

MaxPain dropped to $185 (from $192.50)

1707227081031.png

Daiwa downgrades to Neutral from Outperform - PT $195 (from $245)

The analyst says the ramifications of increasing focus on governance concerns could limit Tesla's propensity to invest for the very long term and innovate. The firm sees corporate governance concerns "aggravating already tough" financial conditions in 2024. While Daiwa sees a path for long-term investors to be rewarded through a growth rebound, "the recent knocks on Tesla's corporate governance could make the path more volatile," the analyst tells investors in a research note. Daiwa says any restrictions on Tesla's propensity to invest for the very long-term, pursuit of breaking technology and manufacturing barriers and attracting top talent could negatively impact its long-term thesis.
I read that twice and still have no clue what the hell they are writing about.

How’s this: “We are downgrading very late in the game and hoping for more of a downdraft as we have been instructed to engineer exactly that.”

I read that twice and still have no clue what the hell they are writing about.

How’s this: “We are downgrading very late in the game and hoping for more of a downdraft as we have been instructed to engineer exactly that.”

They made three points:
1) Corporate governance concerns are aggravating already tough financial conditions in 2024.
2) Increasing focus on governance concerns could limit Tesla's propensity to invest for the long term and innovate.
3) Any drag on Tesla's ability to invest in its long-term pursuit of shattering technology and manufacturing barriers and attracting top talent could negatively impact its long-term thesis.

Is that "stop at $173" on the way UP to $206, or on the way back down from 206 afterwards??

According to EW team it's after the $206-$210 retest and should complete the correction. But I see now you're referring to the SmartReversals tweet, not sure if he's saying same thing as EW or be ready for a $173 test first. Sounds like he may mean setting a stop-loss at $173? In the comments he mentions that the hammer candle yesterday was flawed to be called bullish, wick has to be 2x body, so maybe more pain ahead before reversal.

Last edited:
Dumped some TSLA shares now (~10%). Sold puts for 1/3 of what I sold and will ladder them down for potential eventual repurchase. Will likely repeat until I have dumped 30-35% of the shares. Using the money to chase better investments.
Shouldn't gains from better investments be buying Tesla instead?
sell high, buy low ...

Screen Shot 2024-02-06 at 9.56.00 AM.png

They made three points:
1) Corporate governance concerns are aggravating already tough financial conditions in 2024.
2) Increasing focus on governance concerns could limit Tesla's propensity to invest for the long term and innovate.
3) Any drag on Tesla's ability to invest in its long-term pursuit of shattering technology and manufacturing barriers and attracting top talent could negatively impact its long-term thesis.
That is the very epitome of WS corporate analyst pull it out of my ass BS that says and means absolutely nothing. Look the other way while we try to hammer the SP would have at least been honest.

I guess they figured claiming growth slowdown would have made them a pack follower and they needed something new for a real impact lol.

How is it working for them so far?