Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
took the SMCI long PUT gains and bought some NVDA long call verticals for Jan 25... also sold some further out verticals in (0.07 delta ) for next week ...
.. lets see what NVDA announces ..buy backs, dividends ...

closed some TSLA CC's on weakness ... waiting to resell ...

..market waiting on NVDA to take a leak ;)

Last edited:
Interesting. To sell call against the +185C you are anticipating a drop in the stock to <180C but wouldnt that also drop the value of the +185C?
Maybe I'm reading it wrong.

I'm thinking in short term of 1-2 months we will see 200+ again so within this time I can sell ~$195+ strike calls weekly (likely $200+) whiling waiting. Ideally this happens before 30 DTE. It is only 1 contract thus for me it is testing out an idea.

OK, Tuesday, out playing music, watching the SP drop and drop and drop, meh... so my 60x -c200 order for $2.1 did not trigger

However, now we got a little recovery, so lowered the sell: STO 60x 2/23 -c200 @$1.5 (forming a straddle with 60x -p200)

I see it's FOMC minutes tomorrow, is that why we have elevated IV and will see a crush after?

Last edited:
@dl003 and @tivoboy - can you please share what you see for NVDA this week based on TA? Not seeking financial advice just want to hear your thought.

I'm guessing (just a guess) that NVDA will either flatline or have a slight pullback after ER based on declining growth % and the last ERs. But Jenson been known to sandbagged earning with underpromising and overdelivering.

What happen to NVDA ER will have some ripples within the MACRO and definitely effect TSLA in some way. Good to hear differing points of view before we goes into this week.
My read right now is it will go up. Lotto play don't bet the farm.

Nice one!

What are you seeing on your TSLA charts for the next few days/weeks?
SP 190 was to confirm 175 as the real bottom for TSLA. Rest of stocks will follow SPX (down) that will probably touch 4850 (that was why I said "RUN!" on Friday and I followed my own advice for 85% or so.) Today chose to already buy more ITM calls PYPL for September and 50% of the Friday sold PLTR, realizing 10% discount on these.
Remember I was the only one only holding -C190 for this week per end of Friday. Nothing else TSLA in portfolio, so I was convinced (or dumb enough to go one-directional, because you can not always be wrong on such a trade. No nuts, no glory, practice what you preach. Put the money where your mouth is. (BUT on very clear signs we would be down on everything after the weekend, somewhere this week.))

SP 190 was to confirm 175 as the real bottom for TSLA. Rest of stocks will follow SPX (down) that will probably touch 4850 (that was why I said "RUN!" on Friday and I followed my own advice for 85% or so.) Today chose to already buy more ITM calls PYPL for September and 50% of the Friday sold PLTR, realizing 10% discount on these.
So you don’t see TSLA below $190 again before $210ish?

Reactions: UncaNed
bought some +210C exp 3/1 cheap shots for TSLA.

NVDA daily candles with earning. Noticed the entry to ER this times have a long wick red candle. Getting ready to make a big move IMO.

If it a big bounce, TSLA should go along upward along with MACRO.

1708464858959.png

bought some +210C exp 3/1 cheap shots for TSLA.

NVDA daily candles with earning. Noticed the entry to ER this times have a long wick red candle. Getting ready to make a big move IMO.

If it a big bounce, TSLA should go along upward along with MACRO.

View attachment 1020241
BTO 20x 2/23 200C earlier today circa 190 SP; think it’ll bounce following NVDA ER.