Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hmmm is Wall St selling off growth to play a Nvidia/Growth rebound after Nvidia's earnings or are we about to get a pretty nasty rug pull on the entire market?

Sasha is kind of freaking me out and I agree with his point about the GPU's. Bitcoin and other coins mining and AI is artificially increasing the demand from Nvidia and is not going to last forever:

Keeping with the TSLA 4hrs candles to monitor the RSI.

Is this a cup and handles showing potential consolidation? You stare at a chart long enough it look like anything :)

1708466652701.png

Sasha is kind of freaking me out and I agree with his point about the GPU's. Bitcoin and other coins mining and AI is artificially increasing the demand from Nvidia and is not going to last forever:
Nothing is forever, and obviously there will be margin pressure over time, but there is a lot of machine learning opportunities that should last at least as long as the crypto boom has so far. Interesting to me at least, NVIDA has been able to pivot quite well over the years to the next thing.

I have a few underwater short puts that I will be happy if get assigned, and happy if they expire. I wish I had gone long on NVDA sooner, but I get their opportunity.

Reactions: MikeC and BornToFly
Been noting the fees I pay selling covered calls on E*Trade which seem standard ish at 0.65 per contract.

Some trading platforms don’t seem to have these fees. Any comments appreciated re low cost options trading platforms.

Been looking over MooMoo for instance.

Are you subscribed to Vol.Land and do you find it worthwhile vs other data providers?
sry i meant vol.land is the best but costly $1k/m (updated every 5 mins)

quant is realtime (faster than vol.land) very very good but missing that 'dealer hedging requirement summary' page that vol.land has which i really really want

1708476998013.png

Last edited:
Been noting the fees I pay selling covered calls on E*Trade which seem standard ish at 0.65 per contract.

Some trading platforms don’t seem to have these fees. Any comments appreciated re low cost options trading platforms.

I have found that Fidelity, Schwab & Tastytrade all charge .65 per option traded. However Tasty is the only one that does not charge to close out a position.

• Informative
Reactions: MikeC

quant is realtime (faster than vol.land) very very good but missing that 'dealer hedging requirement summary' page that vol.land has which i really really want

View attachment 1020295

I just watched the video, I see why that data can be very helpful. Would be nice if we could crowd-fund it lol.

Seems there’s a $400/mo tier that has updates every 30-min, and $250/mo for 3 updates a day. Might that be enough?

View attachment 1020295

How much does that dealer hedging requirement help with a 5 minute update? Are you able to trade safely closer to the money?

Reactions: UncaNed
How much does that dealer hedging requirement help with a 5 minute update? Are you able to trade safely closer to the money?
absolutely, imagine knowing at what points MM will buy/sell and that's your res/supp far superior to any TA lines

when IV changes, you'll have an idea what MM will probably do next

watch the vid

Last edited:
I just watched the video, I see why that data can be very helpful. Would be nice if we could crowd-fund it lol.

Seems there’s a $400/mo tier that has updates every 30-min, and $250/mo for 3 updates a day. Might that be enough?
$150/m updates once after market hours; best for intermittent swing traders and long-term holders

$250/m updates 3 times per day; best for aggressive swing traders who may jump in and out of positions more than a few times a week

$400/m updates every 30 mins; best for active day traders with same day entries and exits

$1000/m updates every 5 mins; best for very aggressive day traders who want to know and see everything at all times in the dealer book

$150/m updates once after market hours; best for intermittent swing traders and long-term holders

$250/m updates 3 times per day; best for aggressive swing traders who may jump in and out of positions more than a few times a week

$400/m updates every 30 mins; best for active day traders with same day entries and exits

$1000/m updates every 5 mins; best for very aggressive day traders who want to know and see everything at all times in the dealer book

Well there’s no doubt then, we are definitely in the last category 😆 “Aggressive day traders who want to know and see everything at all times in the dealer book.” Of course the most expensive one 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:

TastyTrade. $1/contract in, $0 out. Max of $10 per leg per order (so buying 50 contracts is $10).