Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
1711560016565.png

Trouble with that is there appears to be a “major event” every week these days. If it’s not TSLA specific, then it’s PPI or FOMC, employment numbers, etc…
Yes, and PCE comes out THIS Friday, GOOD friday when the US equity markets are closed (after the BOND Mkt having closed EARLY on THURSDAY), Bond markets are also closed Friday but currencies never sleep.

Hmm, sell 10 -cc May 17 $185 (ATM nearly) for $15, or 10 -cc May 17 $195 for ~ $12… what to do what to do. I’m going to let things get a tad richer and then probably go $195.
Still can’t get my numbers, came close yesterday but even today with a little rally prices TODAY are ~ 25-30% LOWER for these strike and expiry. Hmm, seems willingness to pay premium has pulled in quite a bit even with volume of strikes at 170-180 piling up.

Still can’t get my numbers, came close yesterday but even today with a little rally prices TODAY are ~ 25-30% LOWER for these strike and expiry. Hmm, seems willingness to pay premium has pulled in quite a bit even with volume of strikes at 170-180 piling up.

What’s your takeaway from that?

Lots of chatter that the bad news is “priced in” and $160 “is, was, and will always be the floor, amen.” But cheaper calls means ppl aren’t clamoring for them (less demand=lower prices=less premium for us sellers) if I understand correctly.

Is a massive <$160 rug still on your radar for next week and MM just luring call premium from Joe Public and will harvest it when everyone bails, or less apocalyptic?

What’s your takeaway from that?

Lots of chatter that the bad news is “priced in” and $160 “is, was, and will always be the floor, amen.” But cheaper calls means ppl aren’t clamoring for them (less demand=lower prices=less premium for us sellers) if I understand correctly.

Is a massive <$160 rug still on your radar for next week and MM just luring call premium from Joe Public and will harvest it when everyone bails, or less apocalyptic?
My thesis and ensuing statements have not changed.. the reduction in premium TODAY indicates to me that this little FOMO rally, or change in narrative has caught some participants and now their work is done. With short interest at record highs NOW, it’s going to be either a killer but short lived short squeeze, or any real realized P&D miss will be easy pickings for shorts to capitalize on - at least short term in duration.

I will say, that overall destination price level might have changed or been slide up somewhat - raise the roof to lessen the fall - but well it certainly is entertaining.

My thesis and ensuing statements have not changed.. the reduction in premium TODAY indicates to me that this little FOMO rally, or change in narrative has caught some participants and now their work is done. With short interest at record highs NOW, it’s going to be either a killer but short lived short squeeze, or any real realized P&D miss will be easy pickings for shorts to capitalize on - at least short term in duration.

I will say, that overall destination price level might have changed or been slide up somewhat - raise the roof to lessen the fall - but well it certainly is entertaining.

“Buy TSLA, daily entertainment (and stomach acid) included free!”

🔥

Does this mean we are going down or up?

• Funny
Reactions: CHGolferJim
Joe is estimating that CT production could be close to 1,000/week now (hopefully I'll have a VIN soon for my Dec. 27t Foundation order). The Foundation markup probably means they have positive Gross Margins.

Troy's also pointed out the VIN data is finally showing a greater-than-linear ramp on CT-- but we probably ought to believe Elon who told us it won't be enough to be material in 2024.

Reactions: EVNow and Troy