Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

THE COMPETITION IS...COMING...🏃‍♀️

BYD Plans to Launch First Electrified Pickup Truck This Year​

By Peter Vercoe - Bloomberg
April 3, 2024 at 8:32 PM EDT

Chinese electric vehicle juggernaut BYD Co. plans to launch its first electrified pickup truck for the global market later this year, throwing down the gauntlet to Toyota Motor Corp.’s popular HiLux, Ford Motor Co.’s Ranger and Isuzu Motors Ltd.’s D-Max.

Photos released by BYD show a boxy dual-cab truck daubed in orange and blue camouflage paint being road tested in an unspecified location. While the company didn’t release any details on the powertrain, performance specifications or pricing, it said the mid- to full-size truck will be its first “new energy” pickup.

1712191653476.png

I remember those fresh wounds from the start of Ukraine conflict where TSLA was -8% at the opening and I closed all my short puts and sold ATM CCs at the open expecting a -15% kind of day. Obviously the opposite happened and the SP recovered intraday. That’s exactly that experience that’s let me sit on my hand yesterday and can’t believe we are up +2% today with AH.

This market is behaving like a drunk driver without FSD.

On the 1H timeframe, you can see that after the stock broke the 1h trend support at 174.6, it curled up to retest that level before gapping down the next day. This is a very common occurrence.
1712192281879.png

On the 2H timeframe, the trend support was at 170-171. Since we have not tested it after the break down, I said there's a good chance we'll go up to test that level this week before any more downside can be expected. That's happening right now.
1712192340299.png

Was 387k priced in? I don't know. I don't think anyone knows for sure, but what I can feel is there's at least 1 big buyer that's been buying up shares since last week. I think even if we go down to 153 or 145 that buyer is still going to buy so their existence doesn't preclude more downside from happening. I think ER date of 4/23 caught everyone by surprise a bit. What ended up happening was a lot of the 4/19 puts had to be closed, which led to 4/5 puts getting trashed as well and so we're recovering a bit here.

I think we're still going down into ER as we have made a lower low compared to the 166 low 2 weeks ago. That previous bounce is looking mighty like an ABC dead cat so I think we're in another leg down and not some retracement of that bounce. It's bouncing nicely now, but as we approach ER, sellers are going to resurface.

Multiple falling wedges can be drawn on the chart which shows this crash is now a bit long in the tooth. We're also approaching the end of a seasonally weak period for the stock which ends around the end of May. So I think 145, maybe a tiny bit lower. Falling wedges typically see each of their sides touched 3 times before terminating and we've only seen 2 touches to the downside. One more is due.

Last edited:
On the 1H timeframe, you can see that after the stock broke the 1h trend support at 174.6, it curled up to retest that level before gapping down the next day. This is a very common occurrence.
View attachment 1035301

On the 2H timeframe, the trend support was at 170-171. Since we have not tested it after the break down, I said there's a good chance we'll go up to test that level this week before any more downside can be expected. That's happening right now.
View attachment 1035302
Was 387k priced in? I don't know. I don't think anyone knows for sure, but what I can feel is there's at least 1 big buyer that's been buying up shares since last week. I think even if we go down to 153 or 145 that buyer is still going to buy so their existence doesn't preclude more downside from happening. I think ER date of 4/23 caught everyone by surprise a bit. What ended up happening was a lot of the 4/19 puts had to be closed, which led to 4/5 puts getting trashed as well and so we're recovering a bit here.

I think we're still going down into ER as we have made a lower low compared to the 166 low 2 weeks ago. That previous bounce is looking mighty like an ABC dead cat so I think we're in another leg down and not some retracement of that bounce. It's bouncing nicely now, but as we approach ER, sellers are going to resurface.

Multiple falling wedges can be drawn on the chart which shows this crash is now a bit long in the tooth. We're also approaching the end of a seasonally weak period for the stock which ends around the end of May. So I think 145, maybe a tiny bit lower. Falling wedges typically see each of their sides touched 3 times before terminating and we've only seen 2 touches to the downside. One more is due.
Beautiful! Thank you.

I made a mistake last week, suggesting we'll spike again since a fresh overbought reading was registered on the 2H RSI. We did not.
1712194275634.png

That's because that overbought reading was not fresh. There was one before it, happening at 201 6 weeks ago. This creates a hidden bearish divergence where we made a lower high but the 2H RSI reached the same peak it did on Feb 16th.

The "2nd spike" theory only works from a bottom in term of oversoldness. That's the problem. While 161 is nominally lower than 175, the stock reached its peak oversoldness at 182 on January 25th, not 161.

Meanwhile, the bullish divergence keeps getting more and more enticing but an explosion upward has not occurred yet. I think 1 more flush after ER and we'll go up huge to 265. NFA. The line in the sand is 138. If we breaks 138, it's gonna be the atomic scenario. Below 138 it'll no longer be a falling wedge but an impulse. Get out at all costs.

1712194586647.png

You remember a couple months back - maybe it was 4-5 weeks, we had that WALL at $180… see what happened..NOW we have a WALL at $160.
Reminds me of another Q1 - 2019.

Bad P&D, with a big miss. Massive losses a few weeks later. Brought the SP to multi year lows. Those were the days when Elon was trying to get Apple to invest in Tesla ...

Obviously we are not there today. But this big miss in P&D has been quite rare in recent quarters.

Some peering into the future based on EW probabilities.

From StockWaves: TSLA had great potential to put in a significant bottom on March 14, 2024 as the start of wave (3) of the ED for P.3 of Cycle III. We got a nice move up off that low to $180s but the b-wave we were looking for came way too deep to be reliable. We also only have a tiny sub-micro 3up off that low...not very constructive for the immediate bullish case.

Also while technically another low toward $153 could still be valid as an alt low for (2) we are now at significantly greater risk of the yellow path for the alt wider P.4 ($90’s).

IMG_6828.png

First some hopeful projection: $927 around January 2027 (yeh…sure…maybe…)
1712197193189.png

But first possibly $154 or $135 in May 2024 (possibly as low as $90) followed by $260 around December 2024:

1712197337526.png

(Credit: StockWaves)

Last edited:
funny how this guy is still getting mentioned here
week is not over yet and Id HATE for the stock to go up to 180 this week like he adamantly suggests, but Im reminding everyone what its all about. what are we all gonna say if that happens? Pure luck? Broken clock? Even if we only go up to 175, he will have been more right than EVERYONE on this thread, myself included. And that will have been the SECOND back to back week he's got it right.

Wait 2 days. its not that long.

OT: And why again can’t you stay with TOS,, is SCHW not in Nova Scotia? Or does SCHW CA not allow TOS to be used with accounts? I have some accounts already with SCHW, and TOS allows login there, and I have two accounts STILL with TDA - USA, which will move mid may - god willing they don’t mess it up as I have a TON of calls for May sold.
@tivoboy of all the brokerages you use, which one do you like the best for order execution and also mobile user interface? My TDA account is scheduled to be moved to Schwab in May, and I am a little bit worried as most people seem to be not very happy with Schwab (based on online posts). I am wondering if I should switch to something like IBKR or any others?

My 2 year old +170/-195 BPS for next week fell into hard times. I had a bunch of -195P assigned last night. So before close today I closed the remaining spreads for $22 (OUCH!). I have made about $20 with very aggressive CCs the last few weeks, so that helped. But of course, we are now continuing to go up AH. If we end next week above 173 I would have been better off not closing them today. I tried rolling to 2025 or 2026, which I can usually do for $3 for an ITM BPS, but for some reason, I could net get it down below $6-8 range, which was just taking on more risk on a $25 spread.

So between closing the BPS 10 days early for a huge loss, and my 170CCs for next week, we can be pretty sure the SP will be 180+ next week. Oh yeah, I still have protective -160/+165P for this Friday, which means ZERO chance the SP is below 165 on Friday.

I swear the market knows all my positions, and just finds ways to screw me in the biggest way possible....
Well that's the problem, "they" do see your trades and I suppose if you happen to be trading along with the majority of dumb money, and if "they" are dicking about with it to ensure that majority normally loses, then you'll be included in that

NFA, but the post recently (I can't remember who wrote it) about your trading decisions being dictated by margin considerations seemed on-point

Take a recent example of my own, -c170's that I wrote 3/14 for $2.4 then rolled weekly, last week for $11.1, these were $13 ITM at times, but rather than freak-out and close, I trusted my instincts and kept them open, closed them out on Monday and rolled down to -c165 -> that was a +/- $100k decision there

Now I have the same situation developing, with TSLA rising, against all logic, no problem, TSLA being green right now is totally ridiculous, I will roll these, and hey, if they don't work out, well that's why I maintain those January +c300 shitcalls, as a roll safety-net

Anyway, to cut to the chase, did you ever consider reducing your exposure a bit? I know you write large numbers of contracts, more than myself, which are great when they win, but when they don't, you get into these margin issues pretty regularly. Instead of 300x contracts, would 100x not be better?

Some peering into the future based on EW probabilities.

From StockWaves: TSLA had great potential to put in a significant bottom on March 14, 2024 as the start of wave (3) of the ED for P.3 of Cycle III. We got a nice move up off that low to $180s but the b-wave we were looking for came way too deep to be reliable. We also only have a tiny sub-micro 3up off that low...not very constructive for the immediate bullish case.

Also while technically another low toward $153 could still be valid as an alt low for (2) we are now at significantly greater risk of the yellow path for the alt wider P.4 ($90’s).

View attachment 1035331

First some hopeful projection: $927 around January 2027 (yeh…sure…maybe…)
View attachment 1035322

But first possibly $154 or $135 in May 2024 (possibly as low as $90) followed by $260 around December 2024:

View attachment 1035326

(Credit: StockWaves)
I can see it, but that doesn’t mean i think it’s going to happen.. I will say, there is a LOT of TA that is pointing to low 100’s or below 100. Again, not saying its going to happen, but with a declining 50 day, and well below the downward sloping 200, MACD below 0 mostly, relative low volumes, and then just the narrative. I don’t really know what is going to act as a catalyst to pull it up.