Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does this come up almost every quarter when BH is buying a mystery stock. TSLA bulls get all excited and it usually ends up being something like Chevron...?

That being said, anyone paying attention and wanting to buy TSLA stock would normally be waiting for a serious correction after the train wreck P&D before buying, the exception could be someone with very deep pockets and a very long timescale who doesn't care too much on the daily price
What would be the purpose to fill in at SEC a demand not to divulgate which stock is being bought?

Accumulating for a prolonged period at the low? Before everyone buys?

Hot non-Farm data...

1712320259407.png

Does this come up almost every quarter when BH is buying a mystery stock. TSLA bulls get all excited and it usually ends up being something like Chevron...?

That being said, anyone paying attention and wanting to buy TSLA stock would normally be waiting for a serious correction after the train wreck P&D before buying, the exception could be someone with very deep pockets and a very long timescale who doesn't care too much on the daily price
I think he’s only gotten this disposition from the SEC ONCE before…NFA, not trying to fuel any speculation.

Technically, it’s not in the BH wheelhouse.. they typically look for STABLE companies with moderate but predictable earnings growth and cash flows, DIVIDEND payers mostly for sure covered by the CASH flows, strong mgmt, ppl whom they’ve MET WITH usually and there is an unspoken internal rule of thumb that they like to be able to look back and see how the company performed through TWO major exogenous events. Like recessions. Pandemic would be one, but a very UNUSUAL one. BYD I think was a break from this, but that was all Mungers doing apparently.

What would be the purpose to fill in at SEC a demand not to divulgate which stock is being bought?

Accumulating for a prolonged period at the low? Before everyone buys?
I think its more, and we don’t know this, but BH has reporting requirements depending on position size or conflicts, that they must report to the SEC, and the agreement that they have reached for whatever reason WITH the SEC is that the SEC doesn’t report this reporting. Frankly, I don’t know how this works since well, that’s sort of why we HAVE the SEC and reporting standards.

• Love
Reactions: EnzoXYZ
But if Warren Buffget did buy TSLA, what's gonna happen when word gets out?

Edit - I meant, won't it boost the TSLA price??
Chances of Charlie buying Tesla in 0%, Warren is like 5%. Maybe they see a Tesla insurance edge for Gieco who knows ... else BH wants dividends, moats and a business that is easy to understand for them .. not to mention how they look at Elon .. cheers!!