Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Places that benefit the most from the entry level cars being China, India, and EU doesn't even have FSD. Head of Tesla policy just day was tweeting about FSDb approval is extremely difficult in EU. So yeah this news is only true if Tesla management's are high.

However, I can see management keeping the truth wrapped because the entry level cars are osbourning current line up.
You're leaving out a ton of important context.

The most important being that we're not talking about the situation/dynamics today...because the Model 2 isn't out today. It won't be out in 2024. It won't even start production until 2nd half of 2025 and that's if there's no delays. Mass production of the Model 2 wouldn't happen until 1st half of 2026...2026

A lot is going to change between now and 1st half of 2026. We're not quite sure what the hold up is for FSD in China but there's no regulation on FSD not being operational over there since Chinese car companies have far less capable version of FSD out there today. The regulation in Europe is around "Supervised" FSD, Level 2 systems. Not fully autonomous, Level 5 systems. Tesla's FSD will likely lead the way to regulation for actual Level 5 systems there.

Anyways it doesn't even matter because Elon's already tweeted that it's not true. But for the sake of debate, there are very real reason why Tesla would go the route of cancelling the consumer version of the Model 2

Last edited:
Maybe we know the bottom now ($160)?
Because that was some terrible news
Should have drilled down to $140
It held the bottom range
What’s slightly more interesting though is that this move down started at 08:00 PST, and the Reuters article hit ~ 22 minutes ago closer to 08:30. I’m not at a BBT, is anyone, can you see the time stamp?

Update: I guess some outlets were already reporting at 08:07 PST.

Last edited:
  • Helpful
Reactions: Jim Holder
If you have proof this article was to manipulate SP, I'm sure SEC would like to hear. But I doubt you have anything .... just because a piece of news moves SP doesn't mean the news was published to move SP.
I'm SURE that nobody made any money when the story came out, because nobody knew when the story was going to be released....

Lots of piling on shorts minutes before Elon's tweet are hurting now

1712332787230.png

Except the Rueters has a history of doing this. I've been saying Tesla should be building a case against Reuters for years, they have plenty of data/evidence at this point.

Reuters can only claim ignorance so many times.
Thats not proof. Reuters has also produced a million pieces of news that turn out to be correct. Tesla also has a history of saying something is wrong but it happens (like price cuts later, in China).

I guess no one expected a correction from Elon :)

At $161 I was hovering over the sell button on my longs if we broke $160 and was actually thinking “we are just one tweet away of a denial from reversing” and glad I held off. Sometimes we get lucky ;- )

Also glad I BTC down there several tranches of covered short calls for nice gains. I plan to STO them again at next pop.

Reactions: elasalle