Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now, that 25k car isn't the full unboxed one--- so I guess you could say it's not "the" 25k car- but it's clearly a 25k car unless Elon- and especially Lars, are lying in the above dialog.
I understand the comments differently.

We will see lower cost models sooner, but not as low as $25k.

They're sacrificing some cost reductions (that are unlocked by the unboxed method and the "revolutionary" but untested new manufacturing methods), but they gain significant speed to get to market.

Imagine a smaller version of the 3 and or Y, built with the same manufacturing methods like the 3 and Y (so not unboxed).

It just requires adjusting the paint shop, robots etc. for smaller dimensions. But techniques will be similar. And smaller car = smaller pack = etc .

In the bigger picture these "new cheaper models" are half-assing it so it seems less efficient than going Model 2/robotaxi platform immediately, but it is a decision pushed for by investors/stakeholders/macro environment (less demand for 3/Y at the price points/margins they want).

IMO, in the eyes of Tesla, these low-cost-models will keep investors happy/busy whilst in the meantime Tesla can perfect autonomy. The second FSD Unsupervised is allowed Tesla can change the story to whatever they want again. Now they're playing by the book to stay afloat "during this period of uncertainty".

TSLA looking ahead one month, turning more green

largest DP 163

5/24 200?

1713965790960.png

Reactions: OrthoSurg
I dont think its bad. He gets his msg out. What we decide to do with it is our decision. During the call, he just repeated a lot of his favorite talking points on X. Just yesterday, many of us still called it rambling, pumping, desperating, etc... or were just indifferent. Today he repeated the same things but the stock bounced hard so it appeared hed done a good job, but consider this: 80% of the move happened before the call began. The deck already cleared up a lot of confusion. Imagine if the stock was dropping hard before the call and Elon then said the exact same thing, we would have perceived his performance in a very different light.

In conclusion: today on the call, nothing really breaking about FSD was revealed. We felt good about it only because the stock bounced hard. The stock dropped hard because people was afraid the 25k car was dead. Now Tesla is telling us its not and giving us something to look forward to for the next 6 - 12 months. So, Im just gonna wait for the smoke from this squeeze to clear, before a potentially bleak reality of Q2 P&D sets in.
25k car is dead. They just said they will make some low cost models in the same production line. We dont' know the shape and cost of it. They refused to talk about it.

25k car is dead.

They literally said the opposite of that on the call.

And I quoted them doing it.

In this thread.

Like an hour ago.

I hope many people took advantage of the sub 160 price this morning to roll their stuff out. The flow is real. The more people trying to call the top or a bull trap here, the more it's going to squeeze. Note that we've not been in a daily uptrend since January 8th. If we close above 163.5 today it will be a certain change of short term characteristic. I'd not want to stand in front of that train until the smoke clears.

Now, where are those price cuts when you need them?