Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did a covered call monday for strike of 130 and expiring 4/26. Now what should i do? Looks like i got into a jam. Any ideas as to how to recover from this fiasco??
You may have to roll out several months to improve strike price significantly. How badly do you want to keep the shares? You could roll at $130 for some time and see if SP drops which will give you more flexibility / affordability to improve strikes.

Reactions: cat9876
What to do if your short puts are assigned early:

1. Find another DITM put that has high OI. For example: 340P December 2025. OI: 1.17k
2. Enter this order:
Sell 75C expiring 4/26
Sell 340P expiring December 2025
Net premium received should be a bit more than 265. 265 + 75 = 340 so you want to get 265.05 or 265.1. A few starbuck drinks for the effort. If you want to get a bit more premium, move it up to maybe -120C or -130C. Just don't do it too high and risk the stock crashing on you to the point the premium on the -C can't cover the drop.
After Friday, the shares you've been assigned will be called away at 75, and you'll end up with another set of -340P on Monday. Don't need to worry about selling the shares yourself and then selling the new puts in 2 transactions and risk stock movement going against you.

Early assignment is a non-issue.

does anyone know what is the official strategy name for this? strangle with diff dte

sto 4/26 -c1000
sto 5/3 -p800

TIA!
Not a helpful answer, but OptionStrat usually changes the name of the strategy to match the position. It calls what you outlined as "Custom" Maybe there isn't an official strategy name 😅

1714069632039.png

Ron Barron believe the TSLA bottom was in. I'm going to agree. Need to try to save my shares from my CCs. I'm just hoping we go down to at least 160 or 155 short term before the final 🚀
I think you'll have all of May to play this price area. With the macro headwinds now, doubt we get liftoff in any meaningful way. The obvious risk that there's a FSD build released that shows further substantial progress

its nowhere close to being anything that drive by itself..its improving though
We've all been through this back n forth about FSD here many times at this point- FSD's progress, its current status, etc.. so there's not really a need to go into it again. Whether you believe FSD is close or far away, there's plenty of anecdotal data that can bolster each argument. So it's a pointless arguement right now.

Which is why rate of progress is the key data metric to track. Tesla has already confirmed now that they more advanced builds of FSD that they internally test. So as the weeks/months pass over the next 2-4 months, it will become very clear just how close or far away FSD is and the market is going to react to that progress or lack thereof.

One event that could drop sometime in early to mid May is Tesla publishes how many from the free FSD trial decided to subscribe. We already know that 800k North America users tried the free trail, but when the period of when they got access to the free trial was from beginning of April to mid April. If the conversion rate is good after to total period of the offering for the free trial is good, I expect Tesla to crow about it....and crow loudly.

Ron Barron believe the TSLA bottom was in. I'm going to agree. Need to try to save my shares from my CCs. I'm just hoping we go down to at least 160 or 155 short term before the final 🚀
YTD we are still down 32%, was like 42% pre-earnings.

Now inventory and Q2 numbers need to be watched,
but we have FSD, 8/8 Robo day, June vote and pay package ... and with all job cuts they might say we do a smaller footprint, size, cost GF in India (need to sell 8K per year) ... so lots of leeway ..

Does FIB retracement get us back over 200 ;) asking for a fiend ;)

Need a Red candle tomorrow. I was trying to find previous gap ups in the chart, like after earnings Jan 26th 2023. Not a lot of examples. 3rd day often Red.
Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but there's really no gaps to be filled from the prior gap fill @ 146 through the run during summer of 2023 where the stock peaked at 299/share. Plenty of gap downs to be filled though from 299 to current share price.

If, and big if, positive catalysts go Tesla's way over the next 6-12 months or so, I could see relatively smooth sailing all the way up to that 299/share point, a gap up from there, that will need to be filled later on, as the stock moves back to ATH.

Again, a scenario where catalysts turn positives consistently for Tesla whereas the past 12-16 months has been the exact opposite

Last edited:
Reactions: 2Pearls and cbh03