Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Tesla's Supercharger Team was recently laid off. We discuss what this means for the company on today's TMC Podcast streaming live at 1PM PDT. You can watch on X or on YouTube where you can participate in the live chat.

Wiki Selling TSLA Options - Be the House

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last price on these is now down to $3.85 for a ~50% loss in ~24 hours if that buyer hasn't already closed out that position...
3 more weeks, it's too early to tell but market seems to be betting 3/31 ~190

1715093262649.png

1715093377536.png

1715093676085.png

Last edited:
Hmm, for 5/10 I've got -190c's on the line versus -190p's and -187.5p's.

Only enough cash to execute either the 190p's or the 187.5 p's.

Theta of the 190p's is down to around $0.5, the 187.5p's to $0.8.

In serious doubt to start rolling the puts, but on the other hand we could easily end up around $185-190 this friday.
Update:

I rolled the 5/10 -190p's to 5/24 -190p's for $2.2 gain per contract.

I rolled the 5/10 -187.5p's to 6/7 -180p's for slight gain per contract ($0.2).

I rolled the 5/10 -190c's to 5/24 -200c's for $0.88 gain per contract. (I know, I could let these expire BUT if TSLA were to recover by the end of this week to +190 I'd kick myself. Now it forms a nice strangle with my puts for that week)

A bit of everything. I checked out longer rolls but the theta drain per week is so much greater. I'd rather roll the -190p's another two weeks out when we get closer to 5/24 for extra profit. Early assignment seems unlikely and as @dl003 pointed out (among others) early assignment is a non-issue for those that can handle themselves.

Those buyers are very likely in a pretty sad state of financial affairs if they're buying a vehicle they don't want only for a lower monthly payment. I really do hope Tesla isn't trying to scrape the bottom of the consumer barrel, because when these folks run into difficult times they may not be able to make their monthly auto payment. Subprime borrowers are not what Tesla (or any company) needs right now. Yeah moving a vehicle might look good short term, but it might end up costing more than it's worth down the road when the borrower defaults and Tesla has to repossess a vehicle (which costs time and money) that has suffered damage/neglect, requiring even more time and money to get it sellable again, if it even can be resold.

Some customers simply aren't worth having and are best turned away. I'd rather Tesla not give out loans and cars to people who might default, which may be even more likely now considering the recent layoff and cost cutting announcements.

All markets are cyclical. The entire auto industry is in a bit of a lull right now. It's also not a good look for Ford or Toyota or VW etc to be giving out 0% loans when interest rates are as high as they are. Clearly their sales are hurting, too, otherwise they wouldn't need 0% loans to move vehicles.
Isn’t more than 80% of daily workers living paycheck to paycheck? I guess that’s the capitalist hyper consumerism our system has developed.
by end of May
rolled my 165 CC from this Friday to 170 in 1 month just to give me time and a bit of maneuver to react when we get there

Reactions: Patrick66
was kidding on Buffet, I know he will not buy TSLA, doesn't meet criteria ..

but atleast they are cognizent that Tesla could disrupt their whole insurance business ;) And might be some thought for many more who attend the annual retreat.
S&P500 inclusion
BRK inclusion
Robotaxi inclusion
Once the trifecta is completed Elon can dump again to buy Apple and Saudi Aramco combined